Get Out (2017)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@Basaglia made a great point on his podcast.

Kaluuya or Denzel have a good chance at winning this award once the media campaign starts up on this:
In 2001, the actor's then-wife Donya Fiorentino alleged Oldman beat her with a telephone in front of their two children, who were toddlers at the time. "As I picked up the phone to call the police, Gary put his hand on my neck and squeezed," Fiorentino said, according to an archived 2001 report from The New York Daily News. "I backed away, with the phone receiver in my hand. I tried to dial 911. Gary grabbed the phone receiver from my hand, and hit me in the face with the telephone receiver three or four times. Both of the children were crying."

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Basaglia made a great point on his podcast.

Kaluuya or Denzel have a good chance at winning this award once the media campaign starts up on this:

:picard:

It might or might not pick up steam before the ceremony but here’s the thing. There is a cut off date for votes and if the story doesn’t pick up steam and the #metoo thirst doesn’t start on time then it’ll be s Casey Affleck situation, where he still wins amongst a cloud of controversy.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:picard:

It might or might not pick up steam before the ceremony but here’s the thing. There is a cut off date for votes and if the story doesn’t pick up steam and the #metoo thirst doesn’t start on time then it’ll be s Casey Affleck situation, where he still wins amongst a cloud of controversy.
These studios gonna go with these campaigns

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Every single thing you are saying is right.

I have a bad feeling that this year’s Oscars is going to be like the 2014 Grammys with Kendrick Lamar. Where he obviously SHOULD win some of the top prizes but
He won’t, and then the Academy voters will try to “make up” for it with his follow up films.

Get Out is absolutely the BEST written and directed movie of the year. I don’t give two fukks about Del Toro and his Fish Out Of Water Fantasy bullshyt or Nolan and yet another ode to WWII white heroes. Peele did something truly special with Get Out, took the inherent fear, trauma, and rage of black oppression by entitled white supremacy and made it an intelligent, funny, scary, tragic, and ultimately triumphant BLOCKBUSTER of a film.

THATS the kind of innovation that deserves awards

:whoa:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I stand by my opinions. There’s not another film from 2017 that I honestly give a damn about
I may be a stan, but from a pure directing standpoint, what peele did doesn't hold a candle to what Nolan accomplished with Dunkirk.

Del toro seems to be the frontrunner though because its a better story.

Peele will get the original screenplay trophy though.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw this. Normally movies don't live up to the hype, this did. Had me engaged the whole time. Crazy flick.

I thought the opening scene really set the tone.

Wouldn't consider this horror, but definitely top 3 creepiest film I've seen

Last edited: