they could write in a prequel for the previous victims.:jbhmm:

also a sequel following the guy black guy who screamed "get out" :damn:

he never got out :manny:
He turned back white. Real dude lives in the sunken place

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was tiiiiiiiigggggghhhttt! :krs:
I wish I could have seen this earlier so I'd have more to talk about.

:ohhh: on the analysis of the blind dude...
That makes perfect sense that he would be the metaphorical stand-in for the "colorblind" white person who "doesn't see race", but still has no problem eating off the spoils of white supremacy. This movie went in so deeply. Still trying to process everything.

:huhldup: when they were opening up old dude's brain near the end though, I'm glad the main character escaped from all that :whoa:

The main character's friend was ride or die :banderas:

EDIT: This post said it best about the art merchant...

One of the greatest films I've seen this decade period. I avoided spoilers before I saw it and boy am I glad I did :wow:

Picking up on symbolism on top of symbolism in the theater was GOAT and then reading the interpretations in this thread that I hadn't considered was GOAT again :wow:

One comment I got about the white art merchant scene is that the dialogue was pure GENIUS. We see some of Chris's photography work in the very beginning of the film showcasing the black struggle in monochrome black & white no less :wow:. The art merchant explained how he became aware of Chris's work and goes into detail that the deeper/darker themes of Chris's work were lost on him until his assistant explained the images to him. It's a beautiful metaphor for how our struggle in America is invisible to white people even when the evidence is spelled out in black and white right in front of them. The art merchant began the conversation by dismissing the rest of his community for having no real world experience and a limited/sheltered world view... The reality this scene gets at is that white people will NEVER truly see America because they will never see it through black eyes.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, finally saw it. Noon showing so it was just old cacs, young cacs and myself the only melanin n there.

I actually laughed out loud at some of the shyt that I'm sure only black ppl would get. The cacs stayed quiet , but it felt good to see some of the same shyt we think on the screen.

As a horror movie, I genuinely felt unease after. Movies rarely aftect me, but this was just well done.

Highly recommended

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I finally got a chance to see this the other day and I must say this was a very disturbing movie. The white woman magic on display by Rose was real shyt. Can't tell you how many negros will ignore their hair being on fire if a white woman tells them nothing is wrong.

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
My Brother & I went to see this Tuesday. I can't stop thinking about how dope this movie is! I damn near want to see a part 2 in some form. Knowing that would probably be too much, but it was that ill! The gems in this bytch. How did y'all Brehs feel about that deer twist?

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
I think psychologically Chris associated the deer with not being able to save his mother since both were involved in car accidents.
At least that's what I thought:yeshrug:
That..
I also saw the Dad's hatred for deer as a metaphor for his hatred for Black people. He said, "I can't stand them. When I see them lying dead on the side of the road I think, good... One less deer in the world."

Deer is all "dark meat"..

Last edited:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
That..
I also saw the Dad's hatred for deer as a metaphor for his hatred for Black people. He said, "I can't stand them. When I see them lying dead on the side of the road I think, good... One less deer in the world."

Deer is all "dark meat"..
:ohhh: I caught the dad's metaphor for us/deer but you took it deeper, fam.