Get Out (2017)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I think psychologically Chris associated the deer with not being able to save his mother since both were involved in car accidents.
At least that's what I thought:yeshrug:

That..
I also saw the Dad's hatred for deer as a metaphor for his hatred for Black people. He said, "I can't stand them. When I see them lying dead on the side of the road I think, good... One less deer in the world."

Deer is all "dark meat"..

:ohhh: I caught the dad's metaphor for us/deer but you took it deeper, fam.

Omg

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I finally got a chance to see this the other day and I must say this was a very disturbing movie. The white woman magic on display by Rose was real shyt. Can't tell you how many negros will ignore their hair being on fire if a white woman tells them nothing is wrong.
:heh:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I'm thinking at the dinner, her brother was sizing him up cause he wanted to see if he was a good 'body'.. then at the auction he was sitting on the side looking pissed...

Half way through & Chris is putting things into prospective. My sister is like :ohhh: I told her that's just the first half of the movie :martin:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
man yall doing the absolute most. yall making the seem corny for all the forced hidden meanings

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I mean... We can interpret it however we want to. :manny:

I just know that the things I see are the things I see..
if the movie was that deep...shyt is unfortunately corny. it would be too forced and bring it from a 7.5 to a 6 in my eyes. thats just an admittedly weird personal point of view though.

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
if the movie was that deep...shyt is unfortunately corny. it would be too forced and bring it from a 7.5 to a 6 in my eyes. thats just an admittedly weird personal point of view though.
Well, IMO, it was that deep. It is definitely layered.
But, obviously you're not as high on the movie as some of us are. And that's cool..:hubie:
shyt wasn't corny to me at all though..

Last edited:

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
Have any of you seen Umar Johnson's video breaking it down? :skip:
nikka's review was longer than the movie.. :mjlol: