Get Out (2017)

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I gotta give myself props for working out the cotton thing before everyone else. The very first shot of it and I knew what he was going to do with it.

Am the only one who found the black female cop fine as hell?

Good film yall!

Never saw Living Single before?

That wasn't it. When actors aren't really strong with an accent, they tend to be short with their words. That's what I'm saying. Seemed like he was keeping his sentences really short and that felt like it took away from developing the character.

Dude is a great actor. That was the script. I wouldn't have much to say around that many Cacs either. He never felt comfortable there

Last edited:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
brehs, I about passed out in the theatre. missed the ending. I gave blood today, and I guess I didn't get my sugar levels back up, and when the doc started cutting open buddies head, the blood flushed from my face. I had to rush to the concession stand and buy a soda to get myself back to normal.

:francis:
:francis::francis::francis::francis:

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Don't feel like going back and quoting all the posts at the moment, but I'm wondering what circles y'all run in if you don't think this movie is sparking a lot of conversations (whether those conversations are productive, framed by integrity or even understanding, and where they lead is another story entirely). Also, it's possible to separate the sketch comedy show from this film, which are two entirely different entities. Finally, I actually understand and relate to a lot of the points @Eastside Get The Money has made, but I also think your expectation of a clear motive for kidnapping black people would require the director and writers to be too prescriptive, and it would be a dishonest assessment of racism in that it would imply we "get" why white people have historically been so viciously, seemingly instinctually racist. Different folks seem to have different reasons, as it's an irrational system of thought. Sometimes it stems from notions of superiority, sometimes insecurity, sometimes jealousy, sometimes projections.... the list is endless. Personally think too many people have been hung up on homeboy's girlfriend as this profound symbol of liberal racism when the most interesting symbol to me is the blind man. He sees the other guests for what they are: clueless racists blinded by money, privilege, and ignorance. He sees race as a false construct. But in the end, he has no problem whatsoever benefitting from it if he can gain. His brand of thinking is the most chilling to me.

This is what I liked about that character though. Out of all the hypocrisy and lies and ulterior motives, he is the only one at that party who is 100% honest. So if we're afraid of someone who is honest, what do we want? People to lie to us to make us feel better?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
One of the most beautiful and frightening movies I've ever seen.

:wow:

I wish I had seen it earlier so I could have been more active in this thread but the brehs have it covered.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

I think it was an Eddie Griffin joke about liking conservative racists better than liberal racists because they let you know exactly where you stand with them. No chirping their car alarm when they see on you the street then trying to be a kiss-ass buddy when they see you walked into the same party.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I think it was an Eddie Griffin joke about liking conservative racists better than liberal racists because they let you know exactly where you stand with them. No chirping their car alarm when they see on you the street then trying to be a kiss-ass buddy when they see you walked into the same party.
Chappelle and Rock have said similar and all three are right.