Get Out (2017)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I don't see no way he doesn't get a life sentence after this :francis:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Just saw it. Enjoyed it a lot Lil Rell was perfect but kind of disappointed with Daniel Kaluuya's performance. He barely acted in the first 75% of the movie, just mumbled and nodded.

I didn't think it would matter but Sam Jackson was right. They 100% should have cast an American actor. So much of the role was about being subtly relatable and he wasn't quite there. His reactions to the white folks at he party were just flat. Like he spent most of his energy on trying to appear American.

Plenty actors could have killed this role

I actually thought the subtle reactions were his strength. There were a few aHa kind of laughs that were spot on to me, as far as trying to remain poised while you're hearing some wild ass shyt that you want to address but feel like you can't. It's been a while since I saw it, but his nonverbal responses and mildly verbal responses were strengths imo.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I actually thought the subtle reactions were his strength. There were a few aHa kind of laughs that were spot on to me, as far as trying to remain poised while you're hearing some wild ass shyt that you want to address but feel like you can't. It's been a while since I saw it, but his nonverbal responses and mildly verbal responses were strengths imo.
I don't think he was "bad" didn't hurt the movie but they left money on the table. I feel like a better improvisational actor would have knocked it out of the park.

Maybe I'm asking for too much. But I think someone like a young Will Smith or Jamie Foxx would be amazing in a role like that. A better comedic actor, nationality probably isn't important now that I think about it

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it. Enjoyed it a lot Lil Rell was perfect but kind of disappointed with Daniel Kaluuya's performance. He barely acted in the first 75% of the movie, just mumbled and nodded.

I didn't think it would matter but Sam Jackson was right. They 100% should have cast an American actor. So much of the role was about being subtly relatable and he wasn't quite there. His reactions to the white folks at he party were just flat. Like he spent most of his energy on trying to appear American.

Plenty actors could have killed this role

Nonsense. When Chris first gets hypnotized (which was in the beginning of the film) and he speaks about his mother's death and how he did nothing was amazing acting.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Saw this last night perhaps it was the hype or the animated crowd at the theater I was but I just found it aight.The actors were great but it's not really a horror at all. Other than when he hits the maid I didn't jump once. They do a good enough job building the world/tension but it seems once we get the explanation the party was over and we're subjected to "the black man they wish they never messed with".

As he took each of them out it felt like there was an act that should have come before it where he faced something seriously grizzly. You can't go from aloof, sardonic, to curious to panic to stone cold killer in one fell swoop. Him "hearing" of his fate just isn't enough of a perilous situation to have him seek each of them out like that it just didn't compute.You act in that manner when your feet are to the fire and you just snap, he killed them all cool calm and collected and before we knew it it's over. Felt cheated, otherwise a decent watch
I don't think he was "bad" didn't hurt the movie but they left money on the table. I feel like a better improvisational actor would have knocked it out of the park.

Maybe I'm asking for too much. But I think someone like a young Will Smith or Jamie Foxx would be amazing in a role like that. A better comedic actor, nationality probably isn't important now that I think about it
you aren't being serious, starting to think Ray/collateral and any given Sunday were flukes. Dude has varied from mediocre to horrible in everything else he's been in

Last edited: