Get Out (2017)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I think there is a shift in this generation of blacks finally. Even Lebron James is starting to care less about offending people and speaking his mind. At some point these guys realized they're the draw and not their managers/handlers that try to keep them PC while lining their own pockets. It's all about knowing your worth.

Yep, money can only go so far into protecting you. At some point, you got to speak your mind and think about the next generation, cause the kids are always watching.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Not due to the stereotypical reason of athletic superiority, 'black don't crack', culture, 'dancing an rhythm', making lemons or lemonade or whatever other reason they could have implemented. But they literally abduct these people for no reason at all other than they like to? That failed to meet an appropriate climax.
:snoop:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
The profits must be insane in that small budget.
Peele and his wife like
tumblr_n2ntralvpT1qe0fxmo8_r1_250.gif

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
?
Thought we were done with this one but alright. Like I said they could have used MANY or ANY reason for actually abducting imo. Civilization is ending and only the fast and strong black people will survive. Or melanin is some type of cure for some white disease. Or Africa is the motherland and they abduct blacks to fit in to something. There's about to be reserve slavery and they want to ensure they are on the right side this time around. Something! Anything!

From wikipedia

When Chris asks, he is told that everyone has their own reasons, but mainly they're using black people because they're the in fad.

:martin: And yall trying to defend this hole in the plot ass story. Like I said yall win :hubie:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
?
Thought we were done with this one but alright. Like I said they could have used MANY or ANY reason for actually abducting imo. Civilization is ending and only the fast and strong black people will survive. Or melanin is some type of cure for some white disease. Or Africa is the motherland and they abduct blacks to fit in to something. There's about to be reserve slavery and they want to ensure they are on the right side this time around. Something! Anything!

From wikipedia

:martin: And yall trying to defend this hole in the plot ass story. Like I said yall win :hubie:
The idea of black people being "in fashion" like fabric is the entire point of the fukking film. I'm flabbergasted that you're able to understand the point that black people were abducted because they're black but not that their blackness has inherent advantages to these affluent non-black people, who wager on the opportunity to gain the consciousness and operate as a black person to become "cooler", "stronger", or "sexier".

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
The idea of black people being "in fashion" like fukking fabric is the entire fukking point of the film. I'm flabbergasted that you're able to understand the point that black people were abducted because they're black but not that their blackness has inherent advantages to these affluent white people, who wager on the opportunity to gain the consciousness and operate as a black person to become "cooler", "stronger", or "sexier".
The vessels I saw contained the souls of the elderly grandparents, that would fit all three of the bolded adjectives, but I saw that as just a second chance at vitality; of course they would pick young vessels. Why would they choose an older vessel body for an older soul? To me that premise had absolutely nothing to do with race at all, just wanting "eternal life" or whatever you may call it.

My problem is that this is going to be the barometer for black race films. And you're telling me that its because we're cooler? sexier...? Not because of our genius, our skin? Our beautiful features. Our determination? But being cool? I have a problem with that.

I have a problem that any white person can walk out of the theatre and can say to themselves "the abducted those blacks simply because they're cool" I have a major problem with that

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Andre Hayworth and every nikka in that set of photos Chris found is a presumed vessel also
That is truth. Like I said maybe I'm reading too far into it. Get Out/Peele isn't going anywhere. I'm happy for his success but this film could have sparked a lot of conversation and gave white viewers some deep AA history. Not just memes about not dating white girls. Just a young man's opinion though :yeshrug:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
My problem is that this is going to be the barometer for black race films. And you're telling me that its because we're cooler? sexier...? Not because of our genius, our skin? Our beautiful features. Our determination? But being cool? I have a problem with that.
It's mindblowing that you doing understand that this is a satire, or maybe don't understand what satire is, and that this is simply exposing that certain people feel this way about black people, that they view them as superhuman.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
No it wouldn't have and you know it

We can look to Spike Lee's largely-ignored filmography for any and all conversations on American race-relations
White folks aren't messing with Spike though. Jordan Peele is already in their comfort zone. You can read a few posts back I didn't even remember dude from MADtv but the white boys in my office new all of his stuff. Peele already has $80M of their attention (I'll say 80% of the $100M they made were white dollars - just an estimate). He's not the unpredictable type like Spike, he's safe

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
White folks aren't messing with Spike though. Jordan Peele is already in their comfort zone. You can read a few posts back I didn't even remember dude from MADtv but the white boys in my office new all of his stuff. Peele already has $80M of their attention (I'll say 80% of the $100M they made were white dollars - just an estimate). He's not the unpredictable type like Spike, he's safe
So you honestly think this movie, made by a comedian which they perceive as "safe", would shatter the privilege of these white liberals and magically have them begin thinking outside their bubble? :rudy:

If Louis C.K. can't even wake these cacs up from their privilege, what makes you think a nikka can?