Get Out (2017)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Brehs just saw it this afternoon. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you watchi it in the suburbs to see how white folks react. :mjlol:

That was half the entertainment to me. That theater clammed up after the first 1/2, they all looked shook like they didn't know how to process it. I could see people looking over at us at certain parts, I don't think they were expecting a movie without a white savior. Even the cops were black :mjlol:

I walked out of there like
vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

Another thing, I understand what Samuel Jackson's probelm was with the lead actor. it looked like he was working so hard on his accent he couldn't say more than a few words at a time. All his dialogue seemed cut off. That seemed to affect him really developing the personality of the character to me. Not to shyt on him, but should have been an American :yeshrug:

And, they could ahve got him a decent pawg. Pretty but all skin and bones :hubie:
A couple of my black friends commented about hearing his accent come through but I didn't notice it at all maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I think Samuel l Jackson's comments were corny, I don't mind him thinking the role should've been given to an American actor but he shouldn't have shyt on dude in public, he sounded like a hater, also was like "British actors think they're so much better because they're classically trained" on some salty tip

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A couple of my black friends commented about hearing his accent come through but I didn't notice it at all maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I think Samuel l Jackson's comments were corny, I don't mind him thinking the role should've been given to an American actor but he shouldn't have shyt on dude in public, he sounded like a hater, also was like "British actors think they're so much better because they're classically trained" on some salty tip

I never once heard an accent slip. Hell I didn't even know dude was British.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Me neither(although I should have because I watched him on black mirror and it was my favorite episode). then you get people telling you how obvious his accent was and how they had to limit how many lines of dialogue :beli:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Me neither(although I should have because I watched him on black mirror and it was my favorite episode). then you get people telling you how obvious his accent was and how they had to limit how many lines of dialogue :beli:

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: I knew I recognized him from somewhere, he was the lead on that 15 million merits episode.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

That wasn't it. When actors aren't really strong with an accent, they tend to be short with their words. That's what I'm saying. Seemed like he was keeping his sentences really short and that felt like it took away from developing the character.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
My 50-year-old aunt was legit offended when she saw Georgina and Walter :bryan:

You can't make this shyt up :deadmanny:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Ok, so a few notes before this post, and this might sound like hating but I'm really looking for insight from some movie buffs like yourselves. I'm not a filmhead by any means, and I am not a fan of K&P. I feel like their comedy central show was exactly what Chappelle walked away from CC and $50M and Key and Peele fell right in and co0ned it up for them. I honestly feel like they make comedy making fun of black people for white people.
I've always felt this way

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Brehs just saw it this afternoon. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you watchi it in the suburbs to see how white folks react. :mjlol:

That was half the entertainment to me. That theater clammed up after the first 1/2, they all looked shook like they didn't know how to process it. I could see people looking over at us at certain parts, I don't think they were expecting a movie without a white savior. Even the cops were black :mjlol:

I walked out of there like
vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

Another thing, I understand what Samuel Jackson's probelm was with the lead actor. it looked like he was working so hard on his accent he couldn't say more than a few words at a time. All his dialogue seemed cut off. That seemed to affect him really developing the personality of the character to me. Not to shyt on him, but should have been an American :yeshrug:

And, they could ahve got him a decent pawg. Pretty but all skin and bones :hubie:
What Sam said is corny, period. Naomie Harris's role in Moonlight shouldn't have gone to an African-American woman simply because it would've been more "authentic." I'm sure the director has the best choice in mind for the lead.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That wasn't it. When actors aren't really strong with an accent, they tend to be short with their words. That's what I'm saying. Seemed like he was keeping his sentences really short and that felt like it took away from developing the character.
He didn't write the dialogue :dwillhuh: