Get Into Survivalism Brehs

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got a Radio Diddy two weeks ago. Didn't come back with a programming cable but I got one the other day. Have to program it now.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08SLR7W7F?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Nice, I picked up a couple of 18 inch antennas + programming cable

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@DrBanneker
I dunno, I have a bad feeling. Too much shyt going south globally (RUS/UKR, PRC, NK, Israel, Iran, EU economy) and they still talking up a soft landing for the economy. I guess I better inventory my preps this weekend. I can't imagine us getting to the election smooth sailing.
Assuming you meant to make this post here

Honestly I'm not worried about none of those things, climate change is what keeps me up at night next year is going to be crazy weather wise, I already have a pretty solid prep base right now am working on extending everything out 90 days currently at 3 weeks give or take, space unfortunately is the main thing holding me back almost a month worth of drinking water alone is taking up a good chunk of my basement

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Openly post a vid of some white guy using the "dindunothins" description for blacks. While scaring his audience with "they're gonna rape your women." lmao. This dude is unhinged and insane. The idea that people in prison are sitting in cells obsessing over killing people on the outside for revenge is insanity.

The US isn't going anywhere. Deal with it.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Openly post a vid of some white guy using the "dindunothins" description for blacks. While scaring his audience with "they're gonna rape your women." lmao. This dude is unhinged and insane. The idea that people in prison are sitting in cells obsessing over killing people on the outside for revenge is insanity.

That video was garbage. Rest of the thread has valid info though

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I don't know what ethnicity you all are in this thread. But understand if you're black, and if SHTF, no one is going to help you.

I watch these types of videos often...and they brought up BLM like four times. I don't even agree with some of what BLM does, but as far as they're concerned, you are them. I hear it often in these videos. I know there are local survival groups and shyt like that. I encourage you all to do for self...and don't count on the 'survival community', or any community for that matter, helping your ass out.

Black males will be looked at as a threat by everyone...including by some black people.

See my post above. We already know a lot of these prepper types don't think too much of black folks.

That said, some of the information on those videos is good to know.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Exposure to wood smoke leads to complex and long-lasting neuroinflammatory and neurometabolomic alterations​

by Eric W. Dolan
September 19, 2023
in Mental Health

New research suggests that even short-term exposure to wood smoke can lead to persistent neuroinflammatory responses, changes in immune cell activity, and alterations in brain metabolites. These effects could contribute to cognitive deficits, attention problems, and mood alterations. The findings have been published in the Journal of Neuroinflammation.

Wood smoke, a common component of air pollution in regions affected by wildfires, has long been associated with adverse health effects in humans. From respiratory issues to cognitive impairments, the impact of wood smoke on human well-being is a growing concern, especially in light of increasing wildfire activity worldwide.

To gain deeper insights into the effects of wood smoke on the brain, a group of researchers conducted a comprehensive study using mice as a model organism. This study aimed to uncover the neurological consequences of wood smoke exposure and shed light on potential mechanisms underlying these effects.

“We have known that blood vessels throughout the body are a key indirect target of inhaled pollutants. The blood brain barrier is a unique vascular bed, and we theorized that such exposures may lead to inflammation in the brain due to neurovascular effects,” explained study author Matthew Campen, a Regents’ Professor at the University of New Mexico and co-director of the UNM Clinical & Translational Science Center.

To conduct their research, the scientists used an 8-week-old female mouse model. These mice were exposed to wood smoke every other day for a period of 2 weeks, simulating a real-world wildfire smoke exposure scenario. The average concentration of wood smoke during the exposure was measured at 0.5 mg/m3, aligning with real-world exposure levels.

The researchers then conducted a series of experiments to investigate the impact of wood smoke on different aspects of health and biology. They analyzed cerebrovascular endothelial cells, immune cell infiltration in the brain, and metabolomic changes in the hippocampal region.

The researchers found significant changes in cerebrovascular endothelial cells, which are crucial for brain health. Specifically, there was an increase in CD31Hi endothelial cells, which are associated with an anti-inflammatory response. This increase persisted for up to 14 days post-exposure. In contrast, the population of CD31Med endothelial cells, linked to a pro-inflammatory response, decreased until day 14 but then returned to normal levels. These changes correlated with the expression of various markers related to inflammation.

This indicates “that the endothelial cells – the cells that line the blood vessels – are actively trying to help resolve the problem,” Campen explained. “Initially, they help drive the neuroinflammation, but they quickly transition to an anti-inflammatory behavior.

Wood smoke exposure triggered the activation of microglia, a type of immune cell in the brain. This activation began on day 7 and persisted until day 28. Additionally, peripheral immune cells started infiltrating the brain, with significant increases observed on day 14.

Neutrophils, another type of immune cell, displayed a complex response pattern, with a reduction in their population on day 1, an increase on day 14, and a subsequent reduction on day 28. However, the remaining neutrophils on day 28 appeared to be highly inflammatory.

Metabolomic analysis of the hippocampal region revealed significant changes in various small molecules. Notably, there were reductions in metabolites related to cognition and mood, including glutamate, glutaurine, 3-MT, and 5α-DHP. These findings suggest that wood smoke exposure may impact cognitive function and mood. Additionally, changes in metabolites associated with the NAD+ synthesis pathway were observed, which is involved in cellular energy production and repair.

The findings provide evidence that the “neurological effects of exposure to wood smoke, such as from wildfires, may last weeks after the exposure,” Campen told PsyPost. “We are still uncertain as to the breadth of effects, but neuroinflammation can underlie mood disorders, including anxiety and depression, and also impact learning and memory. More worrisome is the potential to impact long-term neurodegenerative diseases like dementia, but a lot of work needs to be done to understand the links between these exposures and neurological diseases.”

However, it’s important to acknowledge the limitations of this study. The research was conducted in mice, and while these findings provide valuable insights, translating them directly to human health requires caution. Mice may not perfectly replicate the complexity of human responses to wood smoke.

“This is a tip-of-the-iceberg study and we need to better understand how these neuroinflammatory effects promote neurological outcomes, and also we have to appreciate that mice likely have responses that can differ from humans,” Campen said. “Notably, the wood smoke exposure conditions were very realistic and similar to that experienced by millions of people in the USA every summer from wildfires.”

The study, “Biomass smoke inhalation promotes neuroinflammatory and metabolomic temporal changes in the hippocampus of female mice“, was authored by David Scieszka, Yan Jin, Shahani Noor, Ed Barr, Marcus Garcia, Jessica Begay, Guy Herbert, Russell P. Hunter, Kiran Bhaskar, Rahul Kumar, Rama Gullapalli, Alicia Bolt, Mark A. McCormick, Barry Bleske, Haiwei Gu, and Matthew J. Campen.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
The expectation is that Israel's ground offensive SHOULD begin tonight.

Also the Israeli Government has issued a nationwide warning for it's citizens to hunker down and shelter in place for 72 hours. That bothers me a bit because of the time frame..I know we got some naval assets parked off coast near Iran..I wouldn't put it past these dumb nikkas to attack Iran and they retaliate by hitting Israel with everything which is why a nationwide warning would be necessary.

With that being said..I'm going to fill up my cars and get some diesel to be on the safe side because I don't like where any of this is leading up to.

Yep, filling up tomorrow and I am hardly the skittish type but I might try to lock in winter electricity/propane prices and rotate my emergency water stash this week.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
The National African-American Gun Association (NAAGA) has an emergency preparedness and organization guide. It is pretty good and some NAAGA chapters are implementing emergency response teams. I would encourage you to look into it if you are serious.

download.png

Building A NEST

Last edited:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The National African-American Gun Association (NAAGA) has an emergency preparedness and organization guide. It is pretty good and some NAAGA chapters are implementing emergency response teams. I would encourage you to look into it if you are serious.

download.png

Building A NEST
I will check it out. Thanks!

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps

download.png

Building A NEST
Educating people on how to build a prepper group or "NEST" is excellent, but discretion is vital in a SHTF situation, so only a fool would register their group online. I personally believe any Nest should consist primarily of family. Being a prepper in a SHTF situation is akin to being a lottery winner. The more people that know, the more you and your Nest is put at risk for harm.