Get Into Survivalism Brehs

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Educating people on how to build a prepper group or "NEST" is excellent, but discretion is vital in a SHTF situation, so only a fool would register their group online. I personally believe any Nest should consist primarily of family. Being a prepper in a SHTF situation is akin to being a lottery winner. The more people that know, the more you and your Nest is put at risk for harm.
While I think society is unbelievably fragile and is all based on perception, and I have never doubted the capacity for malice ingrained in humans, I think having a multipoint national network with like-minded individuals is critical.

Depending on the level of SHTF; short of an extinction level event, which only come around every eon or so, think an asteroid, nuclear war, etc; a communication network is critical to reorganize society. Organization is a feature of society, not a bug. Whoever gets a leg up on that at the onset will have a better chance at survival. Only moronic militias would have their first rule of engagement be violence and isolation. You just have to have the right systems, applications, and processes in place to survive. Problem is people don't have these things and exclusively rely on the government to save them.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
While I think society is unbelievably fragile and is all based on perception, and I have never doubted the capacity for malice ingrained in humans, I think having a multipoint national network with like-minded individuals is critical.

Depending on the level of SHTF; short of an extinction level event, which only come around every eon or so, think an asteroid, nuclear war, etc; a communication network is critical to reorganize society. Organization is a feature of society, not a bug. Whoever gets a leg up on that at the onset will have a better chance at survival. Only moronic militias would have their first rule of engagement be violence and isolation. You just have to have the right systems, applications, and processes in place to survive. Problem is people don't have these things and exclusively rely on the government to save them.

Most zombie movies or other disaster movies are far from realistic. Mankind would have never survived if people acted like they do in those movies. For me a SHTF example is New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. You had the police/National Guard going door to door confiscating guns and Gretna armed police blocking fleeing people from escaping via the Crescent city connection. Both examples are the small things government will do to maintain power and order. Confiscating food and supplies wouldn't be out of the question if the situation were dire enough. Hell, there is no known disaster and the police confiscate citizens' cash via civil asset forfeiture on the daily. So I wouldn't feel comfortable registering my prepper group on any national level. A much safer option would be to offer groups a central point of contact to reach in case of an emergency. You can have several points of contact such as Whatsapp, Signal, phone, email, or even amateur radio frequency, for people who need help. This offers a point of organization without exposing those in need. Most disasters will be local anyway.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hey all get your preps in order. I am not a doomer but it's going to be mad crazy from here to November and maybe even later.
I just had a 8 hour power outage last Thursday first real test of my preps since I started, and everything went smoothly, could have gone 3 or 4 days with my supplies on hand, double that with access to fuel.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
No it isn't. It'll be no different than what it usually is.

Dead men can surely speak but they can only speak in the language of death, they abhor life and the living; being bound to the grave and darkness, they are blind to the signs of the times.

I hope you prove me wrong :yeshrug:

Proverbs 14:8 says, "The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit".