Get Into Survivalism Brehs

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i bought a bunch of wilderness survival stuff last year and even set up a bugout bag. but this whole dallas thing has me thinking about two things.

Water and Power. Gonna stock up on bottled water. easy

anybody have any good references for power generators? I was think about getting an electrician to setup one of those switches to the house so you can plug a generator into and give your whole house power using gas.

or if that is too much of a hassle i might just buy one of those kerosine heaters.

This is the way to go and its actually not expensive at all, if you buy the supplies for the electrician beforehand it should be like $150 , if you let them do the whole thing it should be like $250, am actually getting that installed in my house in a couple of months to go with my genny. As far as generators go like man house items you can get low name, mid name and high name brands. I currently have a mid range this model here , which when i last check on ebay was going for $1,000 , i paid $250. I say that to say NOW is the time to get a generator, top of line ones are Hondas. Some ppl like gas, some ppl like gas & propane ones. I prefer gas ones as i dont like to deal with storing propane. Speaking of make sure you get a couple of large gas cans and have them full. The one i own on a full load (of things hooked up to it can run for 16 hours).

Spence

Superstar
Daps
i bought a bunch of wilderness survival stuff last year and even set up a bugout bag. but this whole dallas thing has me thinking about two things.

Water and Power. Gonna stock up on bottled water. easy

anybody have any good references for power generators? I was think about getting an electrician to setup one of those switches to the house so you can plug a generator into and give your whole house power using gas.

or if that is too much of a hassle i might just buy one of those kerosine heaters.
I looked into it for hurricane prepping but it was too expensive for what will ultimately be our rental house. We have a small electric generator that got a tv and all our small electronic devices powered while we were out of power for 2 days. I Kickstarter purchased a much bigger generator but it hasn’t shown up yet. It would’ve been a boss during this time I needed it.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Thanks for bumpng this thread

For those new and who want good info or are just starting to build a kit, i recommend slowly getting everything on this list

Build A Kit | Ready.gov

if you dont want to buy those things and prefer a ready made kit i recommend one of these

Verify your identity

^^ that is a two person kit (dont worry about it saying tornado) but they sell larger kits, this particular kit is $20 cheaper on amazon

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Wildin Did you ever get your ham radio license?

Sorry homie. Didn't see this.

I got my tech license went back a week later and got my general license.

i got 4 FEMA certifications and am taking some Aral courses for emcomm.

I don't know if I mentioned it but last year a 7 year old girl fell into a river, a river that I routinely take my family to that we hike and fish at.

When the alert went out I was one of the first people on scene that next morning 6am. It was me and law enforcement then some local concerned citizens. We had boats, kayaks, atvs, bikes, dogs. Drones. Eventually helicopters.....

We didn't find her but like every situation there's more that could've been done for next time.

1LurkerChick9

All Star
Daps
weather systems have changed worldwide. just because it's cold don't mean this isn't global warming... it's here folks

It's cold and raining in Africa where I come from but it's supposed to be summer right now... Up here in Toronto we get tropical style rains and floods every spring now. The snow in texas might be a new norm....

we did it, congratulations

everyone gets a darwin award

EbAMC3.gif

humans :snoop:
Literally feeling like the beginnings of one of those Apocalyptic movies
People in Texas boiling water like they’re in a third world country
It will only get worse because people still want to pretend global warming isn’t a thing

The Up Right Man

All Star
Daps
My opinion.

People that prepare/want for sociality to fall off on some "last of us" are the ones that couldn't function in it.

If you believe in science, history etc then you would understand how far we came as an sociality and that type of regression are impossible.

Move to Afganastan to play out these fantasies
Katrina :camby:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Literally feeling like the beginnings of one of those Apocalyptic movies
People in Texas boiling water like they’re in a third world country
It will only get worse because people still want to pretend global warming isn’t a thing
it's crazy but literally right on time as per forecasts on what is to come and it is predicted to get worse.

we put everything that's not important in front of us and run into issues that we coulda seen coming if we didn't blind ourselves.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
All it takes is a geomagnetic storm and civilization as we know it is over :francis:

Brehs gonna have to start hunting and small scale farming again. Skills that we've lost. Not to mention defending our neighborhoods and families.

They happen every century or so and historically they haven't caused many problems. The problem is that modern society relies on electricity for everything.
What exactly happens, if a gm storm happens?

The Up Right Man

All Star
Daps
nikka Katrina was a mismanaged Natural Disaster in 1 state. Y'all are talking about a total collapse of society.

Like I said if yall want mad max, last of us, etc go to Afghanistan and play over there.
Okay so do you not learn from history? Do you know how many lives could have been saved if people prepared. That’s a prime example of its better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Nobody talking about mad max or apocalypse scenarios. It’s prepare to shelter in place or get out dodge.

Why even come in the thread?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
nikka Katrina was a mismanaged Natural Disaster in 1 state. Y'all are talking about a total collapse of society.

Like I said if yall want mad max, last of us, etc go to Afghanistan and play over there.
if you live in that one state whats the difference?

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
one step at a time... literally

get fit and used to moving. hike and walk with increased frequency
Yeah. .. most states have hiking trails

We should work our way up through regular trails... then to the crazy or hard to do paths.

Walking over random terrains is an underrated skillset. You might end up having to walk 20 miles w your family, and that walk might save you