Get Into Survivalism Brehs

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I have no desire to be a survivalist if some shyt goes down where this shyt is necessary for the remainder of my life likely I choose death.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I made some snares and set them up because you never know and the last thing you want to do is try to do something for the first time when you NEED to do it.

IMG-20201004-134012-02.jpg

IMG-20201004-134012-01.jpg

Whatever got into the snare chewed through it and escaped.

I set another and went about my day.

Decided to check it before bed and let's just say tomorrow I'll be processing a squirrel. Which I need to do. It's been a long time since I've done one.

Who knows when it was caught. Rigor set in, plus it's a city/local public squirrel. You don't eat those.

dont click if you don't like hunting and don't want to see a deceased animal

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
So I made some snares and set them up because you never know and the last thing you want to do is try to do something for the first time when you NEED to do it.

IMG-20201004-134012-02.jpg

IMG-20201004-134012-01.jpg

Whatever got into the snare chewed through it and escaped.

I set another and went about my day.

Decided to check it before bed and let's just say tomorrow I'll be processing a squirrel. Which I need to do. It's been a long time since I've done one.

Who knows when it was caught. Rigor set in, plus it's a city/local public squirrel. You don't eat those.

dont click if you don't like hunting and don't want to see a deceased animal
Nice squirrel traps.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why? You only eat corn fed squirrels? :mjgrin:

They scavenge. Digging through people's trash, finding peanuts, people put food in their yard, city squirrels diet is different from rural/wild squirrels.

These squirrels will drink water from puddles in the street or driveways that have fluid run off from cars. I won't be harming or killing anymore even though there are tons.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
They scavenge. Digging through people's trash, finding peanuts, people put food in their yard, city squirrels diet is different from rural/wild squirrels.

These squirrels will drink water from puddles in the street or driveways that have fluid run off from cars. I won't be harming or killing anymore even though there are tons.
That's why you should avoid eating them.

It's like eating fish from a city river you just don't do it.

Ty hat being said when I worked with special forces I took a survival class (I didn't have to pass it) it's not like you can just read the SAS survival manual and be good. You have to practice that shyt for example you can technically start a fire but rubbing two sticks together but I couldn't even get a fire going when they let me use the bow drill they just used to make a fire with. Same thing with the traps. I didn't catch nothing.

In a survival situation it shouldn't be your first time. But eating an stray animal or drinking city water would be the last of the last resort for me. I paid attention in the must pass field sanitation class.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
I need to get... premises legal. Gonna have to call in some favors for references & investigations:mjpls:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
. You have to practice that shyt for example you can technically start a fire but rubbing two sticks together but I couldn't even get a fire going when they let me use the bow drill they just used to make a fire with. Same thing with the traps. I didn't catch nothing.

In a survival situation it shouldn't be your first time.

I'm going hunting in a few weeks. Small game. I'll probably grab some rabbits or squirrels. I'll eat those.

No traps though. Shotgun or rifle.

You gotta practice setting fires and making traps in the backyard. Thats what falling sticks and foliage is for. Hell even fishing as fun as it is for me and as boring as it is for others is for. If shtf you better be able to fish. And "I went when I was 9" ain't gonna cut it.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm going hunting in a few weeks. Small game. I'll probably grab some rabbits or squirrels. I'll eat those.

No traps though. Shotgun or rifle.

You gotta practice setting fires and making traps in the backyard. Thats what falling sticks and foliage is for. Hell even fishing as fun as it is for me and as boring as it is for others is for. If shtf you better be able to fish. And "I went when I was 9" ain't gonna cut it.
Agreed you can't do it just once.

Hunting is hard, especially things like deer. A city deer that runs in front of your car is way different that a deer who's survived thousands of hunts on public land.