Get Into Survivalism Brehs

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can also get this as an app on your phone, great general reference book.

Dope. I didn't know that.

Im a little old school, I have a few hardcopy field guides and stuff.

I remember a time I looked something uo in the sibleys guide to birds and this cat was like :gucci:...pulled it up on the sibleys bird guide app.

That was like 10 years ago.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Dope. I didn't know that.

Im a little old school, I have a few hardcopy field guides and stuff.

I remember a time I looked something uo in the sibleys guide to birds and this cat was like :gucci:...pulled it up on the sibleys bird guide app.

That was like 10 years ago.

Books are nice especially if the grid goes down, If you do buy a book you should cover the book in duct tape (preferably gorrilla tape) and keep it in a waterproof bag like a (locksak bag)

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Books are nice especially if the grid goes down, If you do buy a book you should cover the book in duct tape (preferably gorrilla tape) and keep it in a waterproof bag like a (locksak bag)

The key is to practice. At least one time.

You don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere trying to make your very first fire. Practice it in your backyard atleast once.

That confidence is enough of a boost of will that can get you through anything.

The want to survive, the need to survive and the will to survive are completely different things.

Just like if you buy any of these survival kits with tubing, tourniquets, and stuff. You don't want your first time opening and seeing the shyt or worse trying to apply the shyt in a life of death situation where you may only get one or a few chances to use the equipment before it's disposed, damaged, etc.

I don't even throw sticks in my backyard away. Practice weaving, braiding, bracing...never know when you gotta use a skill.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
No. I've posted some of my hunting escapades, skinning animals, but I have a bunch of videos. Guns, beatmaking, grilling, etc, videogames, riding on the bike trail, running/exercising.

Depending on what I'm doing I usually record stuff, usually out of boredom, often time to check my own form. I often analyze what I'm doing because without someone there to assist live and give feedback I just watch and see what I need to correct or where things went wrong.

There was a minute I was going to the range and for some reason (probably from shooting a lot of shotgun and rifle) I was hunching my neck and raising my shoulders. I didn't notice it really while I was shooting but watching my videos I saw what I was doing, corrected it and got better groups and more comfort shooting handgun. If I was shooting with any friends or an instructor they would've told me on the spot but since that wasn't available I just use the video to self teach/self correct.

Speaking of which if anyone wants this e-book, holla. Great stuff in it. 800 pages of piff. A lot of known stuff, a lot of new stuff to learn.
51tBFGf8XVL._AC_SY400_ML1_.jpg
I'd like a copy.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Y’all about as crazy as the fools that made the video...if things go south, it’ll be because of the crazies like y’all

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd like a copy.

Send me a pm. It says you limit who views your profile.

I don't have a channel per say. All my videos are link only so from time to time I'll link some shyt up. I got tons of videos, whenever the topic fits I just drop a vid.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all about as crazy as the fools that made the video...if things go south, it’ll be because of the crazies like y’all

Its more about being self reliant when things go south. There's people on this board who if their tire popped they call AAA or have their car towed or call someone.

None of the shyt we are doing and talking about is hard or needs to be taught in school, they are just skills.

Hopefully you know how to get the jack out of you car, break the lugs, Jack it up, remove the tire, put on the spare/donut, put the lugs back on, lower the car, tighten the lugs then move on.

Yeah some people learn because of being paranoid, but it's just about being prepared. There was a time I couldn't afford a tow. So I better have known how to change a tire (fortunately my pops taught me when I was 10), he also bought me AAA in case I ever need my car towed.

There's so many different little skills that people know and can learn. Quite helpful when things go south.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Its more about being self reliant when things go south. There's people on this board who if their tire popped they call AAA or have their car towed or call someone.

None of the shyt we are doing and talking about is hard or needs to be taught in school, they are just skills.

Hopefully you know how to get the jack out of you car, break the lugs, Jack it up, remove the tire, put on the spare/donut, put the lugs back on, lower the car, tighten the lugs then move on.

Yeah some people learn because of being paranoid, but it's just about being prepared. There was a time I couldn't afford a tow. So I better have known how to change a tire (fortunately my pops taught me when I was 10), he also bought me AAA in case I ever need my car towed.

There's so many different little skills that people know and can learn. Quite helpful when things go south.
You’ll never learn what you need to learn out of fear. It’ll just teach you how to be scared when the time comes, not prepared. That’s why I laugh at a lot of these doomsday scenarios threads.

If you wanna learn something, just learn it, not out of fear that the world will collapse and it might come handy...

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’ll never learn what you need to learn out of fear. It’ll just teach you how to be scared when the time comes, not prepared.

If you wanna learn something, just learn it, not out of fear that the world will collapse and it might come handy...

Thats why I said in my last post the key is to practice.

You don't want your first time attempting to do CPR or the Heimlich when someone is actually choking.

You don't want your first time firing a gun to be when someone kicks in your door.

You should practice a fire drill in your house. If your like me (multilevel house) you don't want to wake up to an alarm and be caught off guard not knowing by the sound whether it's in the basement, upstairs, middle level, hallway, kitchen, etc....

A lot of people don't know where there fuse box is in their house or apt. First time the power cuts they gonna be scrambling.

These are all just little things you can do, so you know if it ever happens, rather than just reacting because something happened.