$$$ Get flown to another hospital because you're almost dead brehs $$$

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
So I had a case of pneumonia back in late March, which got misdiagnosed by doctors in the ER as just the flu :snoop:
Since it was thought to just be the flu, I was sent right back home with a prescription for cough syrup.. all barely an hour after arriving to the ER. :snoop:

Well turns out that the pneumonia must've felt some type a way about the doctors not putting no respeck on it's name and rapidly turned into what's known as ARDS(Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome).

In short, ARDS is basically when your lungs fill up with fluid and you die(most of the time).

Luckily for me, I didn't go straight home(where I would've been alone) after leaving the ER. Instead, I went to my mama house. :to::whew:
I laid down, and not even ten mins later she had to call the ambulance because I was thrashing around unable to breathe(I don't recall any of this, doctors say probably because at that point I was delirious from oxygen deprivation). :damn:

Ambulance took me back to the medical center who realized immediately that:

A - they fukked up from sending me home back on my earlier visit; and..
B - that they weren't equipped to help me.

So I had to be flown by helicopter from that medical center to a hospital that could bring me back to life and get me breathing on my own again. :snoop:

Godspeed my nikka! :salute:
Glad you got to another care provider & at least you're still alive! Sadly, medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S. now. :damn:

TECH & SCIENCE
MEDICAL CARE GONE AWRY KILLS MORE THAN 250,000 AMERICANS A YEAR
BY JESSICA FIRGER ON 5/4/16 AT 1:44 PM

rtx2ctw2.jpg

According to a new study, medical errors are currently the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
SUHAIB SALEM/REUTERS

"Most people seek out medical care from professionals in order to recover from an illness or maintain their health. But physicians and the people who run hospitals are human, which means they’re as prone to mistakes as anyone else. Sadly, human error in health care has fast become a top killer in the U.S.

According to a new study published May 3 in BMJ, these gaffes kill some 250,000 people, making medical errors the third leading cause of death in the U.S., just after cancer. To compare, respiratory illness kills 150,000 people each year, which the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) currently considers the third leading cause of death.

The researchers for the study from Johns Hopkins say their findings suggest the CDC’s method for collecting data on causes of death is flawed, leading to inaccurate estimates on just how dangerous a visit to your local hospital has become. Death certificates currently don’t have a separate coding classification for medical errors, which means estimates are not accurate. The medical coding system used by the CDC was originally developed for physicians and hospitals to determine what to bill health insurance companies for individualized patient care."

http://www.newsweek.com/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-death-cdc-underestimates-455716

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
Godspeed my nikka! :salute:
Glad you got to another care provider & at least you're still alive! Sadly, medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S. now. :damn:

TECH & SCIENCE
MEDICAL CARE GONE AWRY KILLS MORE THAN 250,000 AMERICANS A YEAR
BY JESSICA FIRGER ON 5/4/16 AT 1:44 PM

rtx2ctw2.jpg

According to a new study, medical errors are currently the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
SUHAIB SALEM/REUTERS

"Most people seek out medical care from professionals in order to recover from an illness or maintain their health. But physicians and the people who run hospitals are human, which means they’re as prone to mistakes as anyone else. Sadly, human error in health care has fast become a top killer in the U.S.

According to a new study published May 3 in BMJ, these gaffes kill some 250,000 people, making medical errors the third leading cause of death in the U.S., just after cancer. To compare, respiratory illness kills 150,000 people each year, which the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) currently considers the third leading cause of death.

The researchers for the study from Johns Hopkins say their findings suggest the CDC’s method for collecting data on causes of death is flawed, leading to inaccurate estimates on just how dangerous a visit to your local hospital has become. Death certificates currently don’t have a separate coding classification for medical errors, which means estimates are not accurate. The medical coding system used by the CDC was originally developed for physicians and hospitals to determine what to bill health insurance companies for individualized patient care."

http://www.newsweek.com/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-death-cdc-underestimates-455716

DAMN that sh!t is fukking scary bruh, and mindblowing at the same time :dwillhuh:
Like, how?? Why?? :mindblown:
Where are they getting these doctors and surgeons from? :damn:
And I came so close to being just another statistic because of the same damn thing, medical errors :dwillhuh: :wow:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
and yall think this having insurance or not having it is a game. i warned you :ufdup:

every bruh or bruhette in here that is uninsured. needs to be signing up ASAP. dont become a victim playing russian roulette with your health bills. ER bills are super high. regular doctor bills that are not just a visit and a xray is always in the thousands.

i use to be a claims examiner for Blue cross awhile back. i saw one claim that made me faint. some old lady. she was super rich. how i know? because i saw all of her bills. her trust was paying them for her. she was that ill she couldnt really do for self. multiple bills from 50k to 100k+. thats when i realized wow a rich person can go broke being sick.
i thought the enrollment date passed to go with "affordable" insurance

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
I was just watching a documentary on tv bout this type of fukkery last week. Some old cac in a rural town missouri was issued a 45k bill for a 15 minute helicopter ride to a hospital.

They interviewed the ceo and this ghoul had the nerve to mention that 45k was a good deal for the old cac:dead:

They hit you with a sallie mae special op...shyts beyond fukked up

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Damn brah, how old is your wife? :dahell:
40. She's a few years older than me. shyt was all good a few years ago. She was working at a special care hospital, and just finished school, and wanted to go to med school, then bam. Health went to shyt real fast. Went to different doctors, and couldn't get a proper diagnosis from them. One of them even told her she couldn't see her anymore cuz he thought it was all in her head, and that she was just trying to cop pills. We finally found the right doctors and a damn good rheumatologist and she's doing a hell of a lot better. She has to go in for monthly remicade injections which made a whole world of difference. Before then, she was just wasting away, and I was sure she wasn't going to make it out of her 40s. She still may go sooner than she should since auto immune disorders are hereditary, and lots of members on her dad's side have died young. We think our daughter inherited something cuz she's always in pain, and her pediatrician is really concerned and is awaiting lab results. And my little booboo is a carrier for sickle cell :mjcry:

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
DAMN that sh!t is fukking scary bruh, and mindblowing at the same time :dwillhuh:
Like, how?? Why?? :mindblown:
Where are they getting these doctors and surgeons from? :damn:

And what's really mad crazy & mind boggling is that this trend of medical errors & misdiagnoses is only going to get worse! :francis: :to:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Yeah hospital bills are no joke. You pretty much gotta get injured right outside of the hospital to get a deal on transportation there.

I spent like 3 or 4 days in the hospital a couple months ago before i got dianosed with Crohn's Disease and they hit me with like $60k+ in bills. They wont see one cent of it :manny:
I read something that a lot of hospital bills are either barely paid or not paid and the hospital just ends up footing the bill themselves.

I remember when I broke my arm a few years ago and the bill was like 500 dollars. Have to pay the price of a ps4 all cause i fell with my arms extended.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
US the only first world country that doesn't have Universal healthcare

and whats funny is the US pays more per capita on healthcare than any other country

those health insurance corporations have taken root and their trillion dollar industry is not going away anytime soon.

25-50 years from now they'll be doing case studies on this :ufdup:

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
This is exactly why I gotta be dying to go to the hospital and even then:pachaha:
I don't even go to the doctor unless I feel like it's the end:mjlol:

Bro I got In a car wreck last year no insurance 21 days In two hospitals and like 6 surgeries fighting for my life and I think I owe everybody all together like 200k
I wanna hug you:mjcry:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
US the only first world country that doesn't have Universal healthcare

and whats funny is the US pays more per capita on healthcare than any other country

those health insurance corporations have taken root and their trillion dollar industry is not going away anytime soon.

25-50 years from now they'll be doing case studies on this :ufdup:
but you got clowns in the high learning threads talking about vote hillary when bernie is standing right there. idiots.