...::Get 2 Da Point: The Official 2012-2013 Greatest Show on Earth Season thread::...

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Earl Clark has to stay in the starting line up. His versatility, athleticism and energy on defense has been huge. Line up with him, metta, dwight and kobe makes a solid defensive unit. Leave pau in the bench, hed help out the bench too with jamison anyways.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What up brethen?

Got a good win last night, not getting too excited since this team is bi-polar as fukk.

Nash needs to look for his shot more.

Kobe needs to keep up that level of defense.

Dwight needs to stay engaged on both ends of the court.

Pau needs to be moved to the bench upon his return.

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Do I get honorary Lakers fan status or something if the Lakers keep playing well since I was one of the only ones left that didn't doubt this team?

Two wins against scrub teams and nikkas wanna get hype?!?! Lol. Pathetic. Kinda sad.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
@Bilz u watch kobes defense in the last 2 games? no "i told you so" type shyt. what do you honestly think?

2 games out of 38 he played some defense against trash teams. Lol. Getting excited for 2 wins against the cavs and the bucks. :lolbron: :usure: :ufdup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi

Kobe on LeBron saying the Heat had it harder 2 seasons ago: "What does it matter? What does he want, a cookie for that?"

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@Bilz u watch kobes defense in the last 2 games? no "i told you so" type shyt. what do you honestly think?

His defense has been fine the last two games but it wouldn't even be worth talking about if it was anyone else. It's good in a "hey he's 34 and doesn't usually play much defense" kind of way. It kind of goes along with what I have said though. He plays hard a couple games a season and people suddenly forget all of the games he sat around in a one man zone ballwatching and not having an effect at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
His defense has been fine the last two games but it wouldn't even be worth talking about if it was anyone else. It's good in a "hey he's 34 and doesn't usually play much defense" kind of way. It kind of goes along with what I have said though. He plays hard a couple games a season and people suddenly forget all of the games he sat around in a one man zone ballwatching and not having an effect at all.

Im saying hes played great defense the last 3-4 games but I think this is a function of coaching rather than him having a lack of desire or ability. His defense sets the tone for the rest of the team... he isnt a great help defender like d12 so the best thing for him imo is to get 20-25 good minutes guarding the teams best wing player and alternating with d-morris. Defense is clearly the reason for the record... not 30+ games or pau or d-12 health or anything.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Im saying hes played great defense the last 3-4 games but I think this is a function of coaching rather than him having a lack of desire or ability. His defense sets the tone for the rest of the team... he isnt a great help defender like d12 so the best thing for him imo is to get 20-25 good minutes guarding the teams best wing player and alternating with d-morris. Defense is clearly the reason for the record... not 30+ games or pau or d-12 health or anything.

I don't know whose idea it is for Kobe to be a lazy ballwatcher but I've never denied that it's systematic. His coaches have openly said they want to conserve him on that defensive side so he could carry the offense. My objection to his defensive reputation is that someone who is taking the defensive side off (whether it's by choice or because of lack of ability) is simply not someone worthy of an all-defense award. Even if he's following coaches of orders of "play no defense" to a T, the successful application of NO defense is not something that merits recognition.