Georgia 6th Congressional District Special Election - (Handel WINS 52%-48% over Ossoff)

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Be excited about "winning" a seat that you already held, brehs.

"Yay! We...didn't lose!"
But when you're outspent 7-1 and the NY Times toutes the election as a "referendum" on Trump's presidency I'd say your opponent really should hold this L.

Last edited:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
But when you're outspent 7-1 and the NY Times toutes the election as a "referendum" on Trump's presidency I'd say you can say your opponent really should hold this L.

Yeah, this vote was really built up by the media to be something that it's not.

It certainly wasn't a referendum....but I also don't see it as "all is well on the right, Trump is loved, and the Republicans will sweep the 2018 elections".

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Republicans fall in line and turn out just to spite Dems / minorities / SJWs, whatever the case may be. Pick an issue that is more "liberal" / "progressive" and I can give you the exact way in which Republicans would weaponize it to energize their base to play spoiler to a demographic they dislike.

The ONLY issue where there is even a calculus to be done in terms of moving left at this point is economic policy with respect to tax reform. And this only works in areas where there are enough broke, working class white people whose situations are dire enough that they would stomach minorities receiving more $$$ if it meant they got some help too.

There is NO WAY running to the left would have helped Ossoff in this election. Going to the left energizes the Republicac base and increases their turnout. There's no way any lift in turn out for Ossoff as a result of going left would have offset the increased Republicac turnout that would have resulted. The 6th district does not have nearly enough poor white people who would see obvious benefits from economic reform, and even if it did, it's still in Georgia. These are the caciest of cacs, and thinking they're the same cacs as the ones in Michigan, Pennsylvania or wherever is folly.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Oh come on, no it doesn't matter? Quitter's mentality...
Yup..haha they did. They still haven't learned.

:hhh:

Man, I'm doing the opposite of quitting. I'm saying that this is one race, previously held by a repub...and the Dems came close to winning. shyt isn't the end of the world. Time to gear up for 2018.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Republicans fall in line and turn out just to spite Dems / minorities / SJWs, whatever the case may be. Pick an issue that is more "liberal" / "progressive" and I can give you the exact way in which Republicans would weaponize it to energize their base to play spoiler to a demographic they dislike.

The ONLY issue where there is even a calculus to be done in terms of moving left at this point is economic policy with respect to tax reform. And this only works in areas where there are enough broke, working class white people whose situations are dire enough that they would stomach minorities receiving more $$$ if it meant they got some help too.

There is NO WAY running to the left would have helped Ossoff in this election. Going to the left energizes the Republicac base and increases their turnout. There's no way any lift in turn out for Ossoff as a result of going left would have offset the increased Republicac turnout that would have resulted. The 6th district does not have nearly enough poor white people who would see obvious benefits from economic reform, and even if it did, it's still in Georgia. These are the caciest of cacs, and thinking they're the same cacs as the ones in Michigan, Pennsylvania or wherever is folly.
You get it.

You can't overcome white identity. Thats it.

The ONLY way is to sap more republicans. Thats all you can do.

They don't wanna hear about college campuses, gays/trans, illegal immigrants, or muslims.

They BARELY tolerate blacks only cause they have to and their kids like black music. Thats it.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
All part of the backlash against liberalism I said would happen and made a thread about.:yeshrug:

It has nothing to do with "liberalism" per se, at least not in the sense of any particular policy.

It's just spite for minorities/immigrants. People really underestimate the impact of 8+ years of the alt right spreading their ideology on the Internet.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
that was a democratic primary for bernie, not a state wide election. and dingell represented districts that were typically D+13 and above.

now when it's a statewide election free for all, you can see the results in the list of michigan elected officials.

Gary Peters & Debbie Stabenow are what?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Idiots vote.

I say it all the time. Stop blaming good candidates. Republicans favor scumbags.

Thats it.

If you do everything right, you can still lose.

Centrist made sense here. There simply are not enough far-left people to carry elections. There aren't even far left democrats in congress.

This is not a left-wing country.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It has nothing to do with "liberalism" per se, at least not in the sense of any particular policy.

It's just spite for minorities/immigrants. People really underestimate the impact of 8+ years of the alt right spreading their ideology on the Internet.
until trump leaves office, the republicans will win.

Dems can do nothing to fix this. Centrist must hold. There is no leftwing base. Never was.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Gary Peters & Debbie Stabenow are what?
they are democrats, not in the vein of congressman dingle or bernie though.

and i glossed over this the first time, but the far left never sent conyers to washington for years. conyers is in a majority black district, which means it's easily D+30.