George Lopez Latino Rules: Dont marry somebody black

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
This thread :hhh: :scust:

Given that I grew up in a household where it was made painfully clear to me that there would be problems if I don't marry/date black (I don't care if my folks have "softened their stance," they showed their hand), shyt like this doesn't really register with me and I find it funny so many folks are up in arms about it knowing damn well the tune changes if Rosalita or whoever calls you papi and busts it open for you one or two times.

I'm supposed to feel bad that dude said what he said during a comedy routine when my own folks held similar beliefs? When some black men immediately find a black woman less attractive/desirable if she is PHOTOGRAPHED with some dude who isn't black (see: the Rate This Girl threads for examples)? When y'all supposedly clowned Nia Long for what her son did?

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
so then keep your mouth shut if it has nothing to do with you. i swear ya'll cant help but jump in front of a bullet for non blacks who DONT fukk WITH YOU. get it through your heads. being their little pet doesn't pay dividends.
this has nothing to do with you either. hmmm...

you had a different tone when I got that racist white dude banned from this site. should i have kept my mouth shut then? shut your dumbass up. tired of you fake militants.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair to this fukking idiot, (who is idolized by Latinos everhwhere)

Most comedians drop stupid ignorant shyt like this all the time.

Still was terribly executed and he didn't really need that joke, it wasn't even funny (crowd barely reacted) and it was out of line.

fukking guy just causing us more problems, sit the fukk down George. You don't speak for the rest of us.

The thing is he's told similar jokes in the past that actually worked (the Sylvania joke). This one was terrible and the woman in the audience had every right to be offended. Lopez overreacted in the same way most comedians do. So times a joke isn't going to go over and people might be offended, as long as they don't interrupter the show or try to do a back and forth with you there's no need to berate people.

If someone went on stage and made the same joke about white families not wanting their kids marrying Latino's he wouldn't find that shyt funny.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this has nothing to do with you either. hmmm...

you had a different tone when I got that racist white dude banned from this site. should i have kept my mouth shut then? shut your dumbass up. tired of you fake militants.

im always happy to see a racist cac banned :yeshrug:

what exactly is a "fake militant". What's a real militant? what do you have against so-called black militants? How many racist black militants hung non blacks from trees?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing is he's told similar jokes in the past that actually worked (the Sylvania joke). This one was terrible and the woman in the audience had every right to be offended. Lopez overreacted in the same way most comedians do. So times a joke isn't going to go over and people might be offended, as long as they don't interrupter the show or try to do a back and forth with you there's no need to berate people.

If someone went on stage and made the same joke about white families not wanting their kids marrying Latino's he wouldn't find that shyt funny.

this mex was ready to cry because of a target cashier. :francis:

peep this comment

Isaac Longoria1 year ago
Haha all the racist comments in the comment section is unbelievable.I guess us Mexicans are the now the new African Americans. Society is definitely going down hill.

i guess it was okay for it to be that way huh :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Given that I grew up in a household where it was made painfully clear to me that there would be problems if I don't marry/date black (I don't care if my folks have "softened their stance," they showed their hand), shyt like this doesn't really register with me and I find it funny so many folks are up in arms about it knowing damn well the tune changes if Rosalita or whoever calls you papi and busts it open for you one or two times.

I'm supposed to feel bad that dude said what he said during a comedy routine when my own folks held similar beliefs? When some black men immediately find a black woman less attractive/desirable if she is PHOTOGRAPHED with some dude who isn't black (see: the Rate This Girl threads for examples)? When y'all supposedly clowned Nia Long for what her son did?
He specifically targeted a group (blacks). He didn't just say "don't marry outside your race"

Im not offended by his joke or his racism just taken aback by the obvious irony of it all that some don't get :ehh:

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
Only read to the first few pages....

So i wonder if DL, Cedric, Charlie Murphy and Eddie Griffin gonna check him since they are touring together.

People who say it ain't that serious are bypassing the joke and letting the fact that he got pissed enough as a veteran comedian to go off on someone that clearly wasn't heckling him (just didn't like the joke).

I guarantee you he wouldn't have said that joke on the tour with his other comedians listed above....which is why he said it at his solo event.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
He specifically targeted a group (blacks). He didn't just say "don't marry outside your race"
Every race targets us like that. Ive had a hispanic chick tell me straight up her parents want her to marry a white guy (military preferred) and that her parents didnt like blacks.

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every race targets us like that. Ive had a hispanic chick tell me straight up her parents want her to marry a white guy (military preferred) and that her parents didnt like blacks.
Yea that's what you call white supremacy. People aren't getting the fact that white supremacy can be dished out by people who aren't white. It's really confusing nikkas :mjlol:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

He didn't say that the rule was to not date out. He basically said any race but black which is what I found disrespectful

Yet for some reason many in this thread like you can't comprehend that

He should be boycotted by all black people

Yep they specifically target us

Last edited: