Genome Mapping of Ancient Egyptian mummies shows SUB-SAHARAN AFRICAN LINEAGE!!!

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Do you remember the outrage when Idris Elba was chosen as a Norse God in the movie Thor? Individually you might not be offended but there was outrage over a black man playing a fictional Norse God.

If white people(not all of you) didn't care about the race of Ancient Egyptians, then they should be portrayed as how they actually look, right? On the Discovery Channel, History Channel & Movies right?... Yet, they aren't.. I'm asking you, why do you think that is? Why are Ancient Egyptians never portrayed as dark skinned? Just answer that for me.

I think "outrage" over Thor is a bit of an exaggeration. A few idiots made a stink, and the 24 hour news cycle picked it up to fill a few minutes..

And in regards to media depictions of Ancient Egyptians....I've never seen them portrayed as white either :yeshrug:

but i see your point...

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think "outrage" over Thor is a bit of an exaggeration. A few idiots made a stink, and the 24 hour news cycle picked it up to fill a few minutes..

And in regards to media depictions of Ancient Egyptians....I've never seen them portrayed as white either :yeshrug:

but i see your point...

so you just going to dance around what i just asked you.. :heh:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think calling what took place in sub saharan Africa "slavery" is too harsh and misplaced a term.
My point was that enslaving people is a common trait amongst all skin colors. It's a human thing. It's not just the evil white people. American free slaves who went to Liberia enslaved and oppressed the indigenous population.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I contended two things in this thread;

1. White people in 2013 care about the race of Ancient Egyptians.

2. All white people are evil racists.

I still contest those two points, both of which were made in this thread. If my position is condescending and unsympathetic in your eyes...i disagree.

It goes beyond that though. You're looking at it from the surface, but if you really understood history and were sympathetic about its effects on people you wouldn't even bring up those two assertions.

1. First off you are wrong. there are plenty of white people still pushing the lies about history. And second It's way bigger than ancient Egyptians. It's about an entire people being stripped of their identity and being told that they were less than they are. To this day most American kids are still being taught this purposely incorrect and damaging interpretation of history. If you truly understood history and were sympathetic about its effects, you wouldn't come in to this thread and simplify all of that in to "white people don't care about ancient Egypt" and "enjoy your win" you are missing the point of this thread and the significance of this type of information entirely.

2. This is not a view I hold, nor do I think the OP does. But again you can't ignore history. It is very true that white men conquered raped and pillaged the entire world. Everywhere they went they tore it down and took advantage of the people and resources there. You can debate whether this is because they are "evil" or not. But you can't debate the reality.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
My point was that enslaving people is a common trait amongst all skin colors. It's a human thing. It's not just the evil white people. American free slaves who went to Liberia enslaved and oppressed the indigenous population.

I think your point is skewed and needs work.

Shoot....the surfs in the middle ages were treated worse, their foreheads at times being branded in order to show they were wards of the state, yet that period isn't labeled as "slavery"

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think your point is skewed and needs work.

Shoot....the surfs in the middle ages were treated worse, their foreheads at times being branded in order to show they were wards of the state, yet that period isn't labeled as "slavery"
I'm not too informed on the particulars of serfdom but from what I understand it is considered a form of slavery.

Took a look on the ol wikipedia and it says, "Serfdom is the status of peasants under feudalism, specifically relating to manorialism. It was a condition of bondage or modified slavery which developed primarily during the High Middle Ages in Europe and lasted in some countries until the mid-19th century."

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm not too informed on the particulars of serfdom but from what I understand it is considered a form of slavery.

Took a look on the ol wikipedia and it says, "Serfdom is the status of peasants under feudalism, specifically relating to manorialism. It was a condition of bondage or modified slavery which developed primarily during the High Middle Ages in Europe and lasted in some countries until the mid-19th century."

It gets the liberty of being "considered" that every now and then, but when you read about life as a serf and the punishments meted out to them, that shyt was worse than anything in Africa.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It gets the liberty of being "considered" that every now and then, but when you read about life as a serf and the punishments meted out to them, that shyt was worse than anything in Africa.
Historians always have their own little terms that they like to call things. I'm not really sure what the term "modified slavery" means :pachaha:

I'm just glad that I was born in this time period. We got to miss a lot of pain and suffering.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i'm afro asian..i have black and asian heritage...

kk so we're on the same book that other races such as whites/asians were a product of environmental stresses/mutations..less sun -> less menalin...other features i can't really explain.i'm not a biological anthropologist..but i don't get it..are you saying that "Evil behaviour" is genetics?..that whites pillage, rape etc because of their genetics..oh btw i've herad about that whites were just black albinos..which is not true

it's neurological.

Nefflum nigga

Bred from insolence
Daps
Reppin
St.louis
You made an error when you called me a character. Im not acting, friend.

Pagan culture is demonic. It is a demonic remnant of the devil, who was cast down and had time to get humanity on the nonsense before God introduced the prophecy to undo all of his work and lead him to his ultimate destruction.

Paganism is a culture of selfishness and is aligned with many demonic cultures that exist among us that sadly, many of you cosign. :sad: Pagan people believe what they feeeeel is right is right. They have no moral standards and because of this will never be able to have any form of unity seeing how they will always be at odds with individual philosophy on right and wrong.

These people, sadly believe they can do whatever they want which is why you will find them sacrificing babies, sleeping with the same sex, sleeping with animals, worshipping trees, living peacefully with bugs, etc. Paganism is to all over the place which sadly leads them to make a God out of false idols like themselves/inanimate objects/demonic culture instead of the Creator, friend. You dont want to go back to Paganism. Its already ruined the world and now seeks to make a comeback. You dont want God to say he doesnt like reruns, friend.

Do you think Catholicism ruined Christianity? Since Catholicism is deeply rooted in paganism?

I figured this paganism question I asked was relevent since the Egyptian culture was pagan. And the fact that in the Vatican there are sculptures of gods and other pagan artifacts..

Alot of ritual's embraced by Christianity were adopted from paganism. After u pray u say amen...that comes from amen- RA, the Egyptian sun god

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Do you think Catholicism ruined Christianity? Since Catholicism is deeply rooted in paganism?

I wouldnt say it was ruined but it was perverted. Lets go by whats in the Bible, and stay away from labels. At the end of the day, we dont posture to impress other human beings, we posture to impress God.