General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plenty of celebs still use the platform though :francis:

Yep. As a celebrity, you almost have to maintain even the slightest of presences on there just to protect your own brand, especially while people could just pay for checkmarks.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/31
A short summary of @WallStreetSilv
, aka @Galactic_Trader
aka Jim Lewis aka James Morrison

- Lied about being a “Merrill Lynch Trader” in his original account

- grew to 10k followers off that

- joined WSS after #silversqueeze

- immediately started pushing out other moderators

2/31
- Dimitri, an early mod, had the Twitter and YouTube for WSS first

- James told the community to report him as a fraud for, wait for it, trying to monetize the community with a tshirt shop

The irony is thicker than quicksand

- James gets YouTube to take down Dimitri’s account

3/31
- James gets the WSS community to all report Dimitri’s twitter account

- James now controls the WSS social media

- James and Ivan form WSS Ltd.

- James starts reaching out to dozens of gold and silver accounts to join a “junior miner retweeter network” to get paid to pump them

4/31
- I was invited and said no

- I told James he shouldn’t be pushing miners at all through official WSS channels, and that if he wanted to do that he should do it on his own account

- he told me to fukk off and started selling this exposure service to juniors for $25-$100k each

5/31
- James starts to tweet everything to gain exposure and followers, not caring at all about the content, as it’s the follower count that he can market to miners

- James brags about this to everyone he talks to about his huge following and making $175k a month off miners

6/31
- anyone who publicly disagrees with him gets a violently angry reaction and blocked. Often including threats to beat them. This is true of several big names on fintwit

- he continues to steal everyone’s content for his own benefit, blocking anyone who calls him out on it

7/31
- recently ‘ditch’, the most popular WSS poster asked about why WSS twitter isn’t even about silver

- ditch gets banned and people start asking questions

- Ivan and James mark the mere mention of the word “ditch” as a slur and anyone who asks about him is banned

8/31
- the fallout from this begins to grow and people start finding out about the junior miner payments and shilling

- James makes a ridiculous post saying #silversqueeze was never about silver and always about miners

- it’s massively downvoted, because people have memories

9/31
- I made a post calling out this revisionist history and it becomes the top post on WSS

- my post and all posts critical of WSS are then removed and users banned again

- James phone calls a big name in this space (hopefully they come public soon) and starts threatening them

10/31
- the caller ID said “James Morrison” and the big names’s partner starts to look into the background of that name

- it turns out that James Morrison has numerous financial fraud court cases ongoing as well as a damning domestic abuse case on the books

This is where we are now

11/31
He has screwed over so many more people than I’ve mentioned here, you could make threads for days on it. But this is the high level from my personal perspective

I’ve received many messages from people with their own stories of mistreatment

12/31
Ah shyt, I forgot to mention the part where they hired bot farms to follow and upvote them on twitter, youtube, and Reddit to gain more exposure

I can’t confirm you got a response from a low paid click worker overseas, but it’s certainly possible

13/31
I wrote to Jim because I was followed by him on twitter. I asked him what was happening, why he was getting paid to promote ads. He gave me a long answer which was so off the mark and irrelevant it was like a robot copying and pasting

14/31
THIS is
@WallStreetSilv

THIS is who James Morrison is

https://thepickaxe.xyz/single-post/is-jim-lewis-jim-morrison-question-mark

15/31
This was 2 days ago

16/31
Ask yourself, would this guy have any issues opening Jim’s iPhone with Face ID?

And why do they both live in Tampa?

And why did the caller ID shows “James Morrison” when
@WallStreetSilv called?

It’s ridiculous people think they aren’t the same person. Idk what to tell you

17/31
To look up the case yourself, follow the instructions found in this article near the beginning https://thepickaxe.xyz/single-post/is-jim-lewis-jim-morrison-question-mark

Note[/URL] the case files are listed in reverse chronological order, so start at the bottom and work your way up

18/31
It's time to begin the next portion of reporting on this debacle.

Jim Lewis, aka James Morrison, aka
@Galactic_Trader
,[/URL] aka
@WallStreetSilv has a history of vandalism and extortion crossing several state boundaries

19/31
It's very hard to decide where to begin, but we left off with instructions of how to look up the brutal sounding Florida domestic abuse case

If you search 'James Morrison' on Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search you'll see a number of cases for 'James H Morrison'

20/31
Among the lawsuits ranging from unpaid credit cards to not paying his HOA, you'll see a child support case

Search this case number: 2019-DR-009240-O

Where you will find a woman's name 'Agnieska Morrison' this name is quite unique in the US and was critical to connecting cases

21/31
An address search on this name links Issaquah, WA

Also note the family name of ‘Rek’ for later

Another note to make at this point is that ‘James H Morrison’ has used multiple middle names

More commonly ‘Henry’ but he has also gone as ‘Hafele’ which is his original family name

22/31
Now this connection to Issaquah, WA lead to this discovery of this article https://seattlepi.com/local/crime/article/Seattle-police-Extortion-behind-bizarre-11279011.php

Where[/URL] 'James H Morrison' is vandalizing the property of his former coworkers to try and extort the company for money

23/31
Now how do we know that this 'James H Morrison' is the same one as the Florida domestic abuse, financial lawsuits, and child support suit with Agnieszka?

There are multiple ways to verify this, first you can look it up on the king county court records website:

24/31
Use this link:
https://dja-prd-ecexap1.kingcounty.gov/?q=node/411&199355=911110

Search[/URL] this case number: 17-1-03115-8

Unfortunately, in King County you have to pay 25 cents per page whereas Orange County FL it's free

But I paid the $52 to unlock all documents pertaining to the case so you don't have to

25/31
Here's is a snippet of one document in the case, at the bottom you will see his wife's name as well as one of his children's names, Colby, who is no longer a minor.

I have added the censorship of the other names, but they are public info

26/31
Facebook also provided further verification that this is indeed the same ‘James H Morrison’

See the profile below of the wife, with kids listed, one of which is Colby

Also note she has a post tagged with ‘Swedish Hospital’ in Issaquah

27/31
Now Colby is friends with a faceless account named ‘James Morrison’ who has only one friend, which is Colby. And he only has 2 likes, one of which is WallStreetSilver

28/31
Now let's get into some of the details of the damages and extortion

James got a job working for a company called 'Avalara', where he worked for just under 4 months before quitting

Upon leaving he demanded $150,000 of severance, despite the fact he quit

29/31
He brought up a previous case, and showed evidence of checks from a company known as 'Wolters Kluwer' paying him $150,000 in severance, it would later be discovered he also extorted this firm

He demanded Avalara pay him otherwise "he can an expensive ex-Employee"

Very expensive

30/31
One month later he began the vandalism. Incidents 1 and 2 were spray painting the name 'Avalara' on 2 of his former coworkers' garage doors

He figured out where coworkers lived to go vandalize them

Redactions are mine to try and help these people move on

31/31
On November 14th the legal department of Avalara told James he would not be getting severance

So he vandalized more, one more former coworker, and one customer of Avalara as well.

One on the garage again, and one on their white car

32/37
Next, incidents 5, 6, and 7 occurred in December, when
@Galactic_Trader spray painted "MAKE AVALARA GREAT AGAIN" on one home

spray painted another car, and another garage

33/37
No

34/37
Andreas it’s so much worse than people think. This guy is an absolute monster and an awful human being

35/37
THIS is @WallStreetSilv

THIS is who James Morrison is

https://thepickaxe.xyz/single-post/is-jim-lewis-jim-morrison-question-mark

36/37
Yes, they’re all afraid still

37/37
It was all about cozying up to Ivan, Ivan controls the subreddit

10/37
Yes they are screening posts now

Most posts are actually the same few Ivan alt accounts at this point it seems like

Fn4P_a5WIAE9bS0.jpg

Fn4P_a4WAAAMWMX.jpg

Fn40OdhXEAMJX6R.jpg

Fn40KXdXkAEfIeN.jpg

Fn5e7v-XoAEpVCG.jpg

FoEEziUXwAEEa0Q.png

FoEIK2qWIAE_TAs.jpg

FoELxohXgAAxWhv.png

FoEPIxGX0AQ8sAg.jpg

FoEPIxEWYAI9fyO.jpg

FoEPIxEWQAEIuyo.jpg

FoEPIxOWYAAElf1.jpg

FoEP8dAWQAA0tLH.jpg

FoEP8c_WIAA3LvX.jpg

FoESGevWYAAfgg-.png

FoEUHtCXEAAicq1.png

FoEV0-DXoAUPz9L.png

FoEXbQgXkAcG4os.png

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Reuters came out with a story that Tesla is cancelling plans for a cheaper model and pivoting to robotaxis. Elon tweets that Reuters is lying and then goes on to announce Robotaxis unveil four months in advance :dead:

I can't imagine what it's like for employees who are in direct contact with Elon :picard:

:dead:

Must is done. Mans out here throwing Hail Mary passes from his own one yard line.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:dead: Elon you fukking idiot.

Notes

Elon Musk was deposed last month over his role in allegedly promoting a false conspiracy theory that a 22-year-old Jewish man participated in a neo-Nazi brawl.

Musk tried to keep the deposition from going public, and perhaps for good reason: It did not go well for him.
“There’s some risk that what I say is incorrect, but one has to balance that against having a chilling effect on free speech in general, which would undermine the entire foundation of our democracy,” Musk, the owner of X (formerly Twitter), said during the deposition.

The lawsuit against the billionaire, filed in October, alleges that Musk used his colossal social media platform to amplify a false far-right conspiracy theory linking 22-year-old Ben Brody to a brawl in Oregon between the neo-Nazi group Rose City Nationalists and the Proud Boys, a neo-fascist fight club. The brawl occurred during Oregon City’s first Pride Night Fest, when both groups came to disrupt the event and spew anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric.

Brody wasn’t even in the same state when the June 24 brawl occurred. But his world was turned upside down when far-right X accounts, magnified by Musk, falsely identified him as a member of Rose City Nationalists (and an undercover federal agent) and posted his personal information online.

Throughout his testimony, Musk showed little understanding about the lawsuit he was testifying for, and even said he believed it was Bankston — not Brody — who was suing him.

“I think you’re the one suing,” Musk told Bankston, according to the transcript.

“Actually, Mr. Musk, I’m an attorney,” Bankston explained. “Did you know that? I’m an attorney representing Mr. Brody.”

Asked if Musk understood what the lawsuit was about, Musk admitted he had “a limited understanding of that — of what the lawsuit is about” but suggested again that this was simply a money grab by Brody’s attorney.
“My — what I want to think it’s really about is about you getting a lot of money,” said Musk, who paid $44 billion for Twitter in 2022.

Contrary to his earlier statements, Musk suggested later on in the deposition that he researches discourse before he joins it.

“If you care about the truth, you have to go look about it,” Musk said.

Musk’s own testimony reveals he did little to seek out the truth.

“Would it be fair for me to say that, other than the tweets that you interacted with, you did not secure other information about this unmasked brawler?” Bankston asked at one point.

“I don’t recall securing other information,” Musk responded.

During his testimony, Musk criticized what he called the “traditional legacy news industry” while lauding X’s Community Notes, a website tool that allows users to add corrections or additional context to misleading or untrue posts.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I've seen a lot of shyt in my time but it still blows my mind that he turned twitter into stormfron 2.0 with such minimal pushback

This is one of the perfect examples of why we need to worry about monopolies in media (and social media).

Musk literally owns the main platform most likely to amplify criticism of him, and can drive out or slow opponents until his supporters have a massive advantage over his detractors. Meanwhile legacy media is laying off reporters across the country in both local markets and national, and their new financial models force them to tailor their news to whatever costs little to report compared to the eyeballs/advertizing dollars it will attract.

I was listening to an NPR report about how the labor beat is completely dead, mostly due to media finance issues and the resulting shortcuts. There used to be a reporter on the labor beat for every paper who would cultivate sources, interview people on the ground, have connections throughout the industry, etc. Now, with all the cuts in staffing, they can't afford to have someone on the labor beat, so when they're reporting on a company they usually just get a quick quote from someone in management or public relations and don't even have an alternate viewpoint from the actual people on the factory floor.

The Musk coverage is a microcosm of that issue. It's so easy for outlets to report on what Musk says, repeat his tweets, repeat his takes, etc., even when he's openly mocking them. It's much more work for them to develop reliable, anonymous sources within Twitter and Tesla and Space X who can tell people what's really going on in those spaces. I've literally read the line, "Musk responded to our inquiry with a poop emoji" more times than I've read any official media report on an internal source from Twitter giving a real breakdown of what's going on.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Twitter’s Clumsy Pivot to X.com Is a Gift to Phishers​

April 10, 2024

13 Comments

On April 9, Twitter/X began automatically modifying links that mention “twitter.com” to read “x.com” instead. But over the past 48 hours, dozens of new domain names have been registered that demonstrate how this change could be used to craft convincing phishing links — such as fedetwitter[.]com, which until very recently rendered as fedex.com in tweets.

ruseriousx.png

The message displayed when one visits carfatwitter.com, which Twitter/X displayed as carfax.com in tweets and messages.

A search at DomainTools.com shows at least 60 domain names have been registered over the past two days for domains ending in “twitter.com,” although research so far shows the majority of these domains have been registered “defensively” by private individuals to prevent the domains from being purchased by scammers.

Those include carfatwitter.com, which Twitter/X truncated to carfax.com when the domain appeared in user messages or tweets. Visiting this domain currently displays a message that begins, “Are you serious, X Corp?”

Update: It appears Twitter/X has corrected its mistake, and no longer truncates any domain ending in “twitter.com” to “x.com.”

Original story:

The same message is on other newly registered domains, including goodrtwitter.com (goodrx.com), neobutwitter.com (neobux.com), roblotwitter.com (roblox.com), square-enitwitter.com (square-enix.com) and yandetwitter.com (yandex.com). The message left on these domains indicates they were defensively registered by a user on Mastodon whose bio says they are a systems admin/engineer. That profile has not responded to requests for comment.

A number of these new domains including “twitter.com” appear to be registered defensively by Twitter/X users in Japan. The domain netflitwitter.com (netflix.com, to Twitter/X users) now displays a message saying it was “acquired to prevent its use for malicious purposes,” along with a Twitter/X username.

The domain mentioned at the beginning of this story — fedetwitter.com — redirects users to the blog of a Japanese technology enthusiast. A user with the handle “amplest0e” appears to have registered space-twitter.com, which Twitter/X users would see as the CEO’s “space-x.com.” The domain “ametwitter.com” already redirects to the real americanexpress.com.

Some of the domains registered recently and ending in “twitter.com” currently do not resolve and contain no useful contact information in their registration records. Those include firefotwitter[.]com (firefox.com), ngintwitter[.]com (nginx.com), and webetwitter[.]com (webex.com).

sextwitter.png

The domain setwitter.com, which Twitter/X until very recently rendered as “sex.com,” redirects to this blog post warning about the recent changes and their potential use for phishing.

Sean McNee, vice president of research and data at DomainTools, told KrebsOnSecurity it appears Twitter/X did not properly limit its redirection efforts.

“Bad actors could register domains as a way to divert traffic from legitimate sites or brands given the opportunity — many such brands in the top million domains end in x, such as webex, hbomax, xerox, xbox, and more,” McNee said. “It is also notable that several other globally popular brands, such as Rolex and Linux, were also on the list of registered domains.”

The apparent oversight by Twitter/X was cause for amusement and amazement from many former users who have migrated to other social media platforms since the new CEO took over. Matthew Garrett, a lecturer at U.C. Berkeley’s School of Information, summed up the Schadenfreude thusly:

“Twitter just doing a ‘redirect links in tweets that go to x.com to twitter.com instead but accidentally do so for all domains that end x.com like eg spacex.com going to spacetwitter.com’ is not absolutely the funniest thing I could imagine but it’s high up there.”

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:dead: Elon you fukking idiot.

Notes
He also admitted to having two burner accounts in the deposition. People already figured out it was Elon running the account pretending to be his 3 year old son but now he publicly admitted it.

Musk also made broader admissions about his failures with X — which has plummeted in value since his takeover in 2022 — saying he “may have done more to financially impair” the social media site than help it. Musk also confirmed that he once used a burner account on X seemingly to role-play as his toddler son.

“I’m guilty of many self-inflicted wounds,” Musk testified.

bafkreia3yjhmpcqe3jigdovu72wdi6rn7bqjqhsjey4ulaomxy7rbl6jt4@jpeg

bafkreiccnyr5ngpvistx5si2fryionlg3a5bvvzcxtlhlxvyife3q5kmca@jpeg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

X won’t let users hide their blue checks anymore​

The change comes after X began verifying "influential" users who hadn't signed up for premium.​

Karissa Bell

Senior Editor

Thu, Apr 11, 2024, 6:29 PM EDT·1 min read

7ea21070-cb70-11ee-b7ff-090451c3fa8e

Anadolu via Getty Images

X will no longer allow users to hide their blue checks, regardless of whether they paid for premium or not. On Thursday, the app began notifying users that “the hide your checkmark feature of X Premium is going away soon.”

The change comes shortly after X unexpectedly began adding blue checks to the accounts of “influential” users with at least 2,500 followers who pay for a premium subscription. While Elon Musk suggested that change was meant to be a perk, some of his critics — including formerly verified users — were less than pleased with the blue badge appearing on their accounts, lest others suspect them of actually paying for a subscription.