Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
434175581_374159625590500_453209400033312665_n.jpg

:dead:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
His goal was to stop its influence. It’s not as easy to back check since everyone has blue checks… When it was reserved for news channels, government entities, politicians, and celebrities misinformation wasn’t as rampant as it is now.
his literal only good idea was having different colored checks for outlets vs. people, etc. old twitter didn't NEED to do that, but on his cesspool, it seems necessary. that said, i only ever see blue checks and i think anyone could just pay him more for a yellow one or something

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Photo illustration of the X App and Elon Musk's account.
View image in fullscreen
In the wake of Musk’s takeover, X – formerly Twitter – has lost millions of users, including DFFH, which has announced it has quit. Photograph: Jakub Porzycki/NurPhoto/Shutterstock

Elon Musk

Victorian government department quits Elon Musk’s X, saying it’s no longer safe or productive​

Department of Families, Fairness and Housing says ‘break up is overdue’ as more agencies expected to close accounts

Benita Kolovos Victorian state correspondent

Wed 27 Mar 2024 22.48 EDT

A Victorian government department has quit X, stating that the social media platform now owned by billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk was no longer safe and productive for community engagement, with more agencies likely to follow.

Earlier this week, the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) placed its final post on the platform formerly known as Twitter and said its “break up [was] overdue”.

“Hey @X … It’s not you … but it IS you,” it wrote.

In a statement, the department – which oversees areas such as child protection, family violence, housing and LGBTIQA+ equality – said X no longer aligned with its goals.

“We’re working to create a more inclusive Victoria. To do that work we want to speak with our community on platforms where we can reach our audiences safely and productively,” it said.

“We’re investing in conversation on more suitable platforms.”

This is understood to include Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.

In this photo illustration, 'X' (formerly known as Twitter) logo is being displayed on a mobile phone screen in front of a computer screen with the logo of X
Australian journalists abandon X in wake of Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover, survey shows
Read more

The Department of Jobs Skills, Industry and Regions, meanwhile, has locked its X account and confirmed it will soon close it.

“We regularly review our communication channels to ensure we’re speaking to Victorians on their preferred channels – our audience’s engagement with the X (formerly Twitter) account has declined, so we are moving towards closing this account,” a spokesperson said.

Guardian Australia understands all state government departments are assessing whether they should remain on the platform.

It’s likely Department of Health and Department of Transport accounts will be the only ones to remain because they provide daily updates on things such as public transport disruptions and public health information.

Millions of users have quit X in the wake of Musk’s takeover and his dramatic refashioning of the platform. This has included relaxing its content moderation rules that previously limited hateful content, and restoring far-right accounts.

Data released on Wednesday by app-monitoring company Sensor Tower suggests X has lost 15% of its global users since November 2022, just after Musk completed his takeover.

Last year, the ABC’s managing director, David Anderson, shut down almost all of the public broadcaster’s official accounts on X, citing “toxic interactions”, as well as cost and minimal traffic.

At the time, Musk accused the ABC of embracing censorship.

JOY – Australia’s first and only LGBTQI+ community radio station – on Wednesday also announced it was “time to X-it” the platform, which it joined in 2009.

“Over the last 18 months, we’ve felt the atmosphere change from a fun, supportive space to a space openly hostile towards our communities,” it wrote in a statement posted on its website.

“We really don’t want to subject our team to the kind of hostility currently found on the platform, so we’re officially out.”

bnew

Veteran
Daps
his literal only good idea was having different colored checks for outlets vs. people, etc. old twitter didn't NEED to do that, but on his cesspool, it seems necessary. that said, i only ever see blue checks and i think anyone could just pay him more for a yellow one or something

it was a solution to a problem he created.

1/1
so here's a thing: at this point the blue checkmark loses literally all value. If the schemata you are valuing the value of a checkmark is that it's something that shows you are popular or cool, and you take that from the popular/cool/influential, what does it mean?
FooYXtwaYAA4Cs7.jpg

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Fidelity, which gained a stake in X by helping Musk complete his $44 billion purchase in October 2022, valued the position at $5.28 million as of Feb. 29, according to a report posted Saturday listing the fund’s holdings. A month earlier, the value was $5.6 million.

X has been trying to lure back advertisers since Musk’s chaotic takeover. Last year, ad sales were estimated to be roughly $2.5 billion, falling short of the company’s $3 billion target, Bloomberg reported.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a fukking racist:

He's really lame and predictable. His worldview basically overlaps 100% with the (mostly online) subculture of angry white male losers who spend every waking moment blaming "wokeness"/immigration/"marxists"/feminists/blacks/muslims/etc. for the the "world's problems" (which is really a stand-in for their own feelings of unhappiness and failure).

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps

I just had a car totaled and I’m back in the car market…I toyed with the idea of my next car being a Tesla but that’s completely out of the question now, Elon has singlehandedly ruined the brand in my eyes (well FSD not being ready played a big part too lol)…I have no doubt that’s the case for a lot of people and a part of that sales decline

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

“Tesla attributed the decline in volumes partially to the production ramp-up of the updated version of Model 3 at its Fremont factory and to factory shutdowns resulting from ships from China to Europe being diverted away from the Red Sea due to attacks there. It also cited a week long closure of its German factory due to an arson attack.”

:dead:

What the hell does this have to do with demand? It has become commonplace to tell flat out lies that people do it without batting an eye.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I just had a car totaled and I’m back in the car market…I toyed with the idea of my next car being a Tesla but that’s completely out of the question now, Elon has singlehandedly ruined the brand in my eyes (well FSD not being ready played a big part too lol)…I have no doubt that’s the case for a lot of people and a part of that sales decline
It’s too many ev options on the market now plus the likes of ford and Rivian are able to use Tesla superchargers now..

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The irony is Must antics on Twitter turned off his customer base. :heh: Its like he couldn’t help himself in attacking the people most likely to purchase his products and pander to the people least likely to afford or buy his products.

These antisocial white boys that he likes to prop up on Twitter will buy a truck before riding around in a Model 3 and most can’t afford that ugly ass truck of his. :mjlol:

His hatred is literallly costing him billions across his empire. :blessed: