Gen Z women are increasingly leaving organized religion behind

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can not prove that this is the case, you're putting faith into this

this is YOUR religion
no, i can absolutely prove that it's the case. i didn't claim anything we haven't naturally observed

the burden is on you, to prove your nonsensical claims. it's not on me to disprove them. that's not how burden of proof works

for example, why doesn't god walk his ass down from the clouds tomorrow, and sort out this israel/palestine bullshyt, if he's so invested in humans following his religion correctly? what's stopping him?

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, i can absolutely prove that it's the case

the burden is on you, to prove your nonsensical claims. it's not on me to disprove them. that's not how burden of proof works

why doesn't god walk his ass down from the clouds tomorrow, and sort out this israel/palestine bullshyt? what's stopping him?

You're sentence assumes you know better than God. I know you're asking because you dont believe he exists, fine. The burden is not on me to prove anything to you, as you have chosen your belief system. EVERY belief is on faith.

Nobody on earth has ever proven God does not exist, even scientists admit NOBODY can prove God does NOT exist. You, a random internet person of all people are the least qualified to say you can prove this :umad:

Again you choose this train of thought that you can not prove. Eventually you will find out after you die, hopefully for your sake before you die.

timeless

All Star
Daps
To expound on that, whatever you believe in requires faith, even if you believe in nothing. So that nothing, or something you believe in, you're betting youre entire life on it. Everybody has a faith.

Not at all. Believing in nothing means that you think there is nothing. You're not betting your life on nothing because there's nothing to bet your life on. You don't have faith in it because there's nothing to have faith in.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Buddhism's emphasis on meditation and living in the Present imo really survives the test of time and scales very well honestly.

Meditation group participants reported spending an average of 27 minutes each day practicing mindfulness exercises, and their responses to a mindfulness questionnaire indicated significant improvements compared with pre-participation responses. The analysis of MR images, which focused on areas where meditation-associated differences were seen in earlier studies, found increased gray-matter density in the hippocampus, known to be important for learning and memory, and in structures associated with self-awareness, compassion, and introspection.

ChatGPT:
Buddhism's main teachings are centered around the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path, which form the foundation of the practice and philosophy.

1. The Four Noble Truths:​

• Dukkha (Suffering): Life involves suffering, dissatisfaction, and impermanence. This suffering can take many forms, including physical pain, emotional stress, and existential anxiety.
  • Samudaya (Origin of Suffering): The cause of suffering is desire and attachment, often linked to ignorance and craving for things that are transient.
  • Nirodha (Cessation of Suffering): It is possible to overcome suffering by eliminating desire and attachment.
  • Magga (Path to the Cessation of Suffering): The way to end suffering is through the Eightfold Path, a set of practices and principles.

2. The Eightfold Path:​

• Right Understanding: Understanding the nature of reality and the Four Noble Truths.
  • Right Thought: Cultivating thoughts of love, compassion, non-violence, and detachment from material and selfish desires.
  • Right Speech: Speaking truthfully, kindly, and avoiding harmful speech.
  • Right Action: Acting ethically, avoiding harm to others, and adhering to moral conduct.
  • Right Livelihood: Engaging in a livelihood that does not cause harm to others and is ethically positive.
  • Right Effort: Cultivating positive states of mind and preventing negative ones.
  • Right Mindfulness: Developing awareness and mindfulness in thoughts, actions, and feelings.
  • Right Concentration: Practicing meditation and mental focus to develop deep states of concentration and insight.

Other Core Teachings:​

• Karma: The law of cause and effect, where actions have consequences that affect one's future.
  • Anatta (No-Self): The concept that there is no permanent, unchanging self or soul in living beings.
  • Anicca (Impermanence): The belief that all things are in a constant state of change and nothing is permanent.
  • Nirvana: The ultimate goal of Buddhism, a state of liberation and freedom from the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth (samsara), achieved by following the Eightfold Path.

In Buddhism, mindfulness meditation (known as "Satipatthana" in Pali) is a fundamental practice that plays a central role in cultivating awareness, understanding, and ultimately, spiritual liberation. Here’s a closer look at what Buddhism says about mindfulness and how it is practiced:

1. Mindfulness in Buddhism:​

• Mindfulness (Sati) refers to the practice of being fully present and aware of one’s thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surroundings without judgment or attachment.
  • It is one of the factors of the Noble Eightfold Path, specifically under Right Mindfulness (Samma Sati), and is essential for developing insight and wisdom.

2. Purpose of Mindfulness Meditation:​

• The primary purpose is to cultivate an acute awareness of the present moment, helping to break the automatic patterns of thought and behavior that lead to suffering.
  • Through mindfulness, practitioners gain insight into the true nature of reality, including the impermanence (anicca), suffering (dukkha), and non-self (anatta) aspects of existence.
  • It helps in developing equanimity, the ability to remain balanced and calm in the face of life’s ups and downs.

3. The Practice of Mindfulness Meditation:​

• Breath Awareness: A common starting point involves focusing attention on the breath, observing the inhalation and exhalation without trying to control it. This helps anchor the mind to the present moment.
  • Body Scan: Observing sensations throughout the body, noting areas of tension or relaxation, without reacting to them.
  • Mindfulness of Thoughts and Emotions: Observing thoughts and emotions as they arise, without getting caught up in them or identifying with them. This helps in understanding the transient nature of mental states.
  • Mindfulness in Daily Life: Extending mindfulness beyond formal meditation into everyday activities, such as eating, walking, or working, to maintain a continuous awareness throughout the day.

4. Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation:​

• Mental Clarity: Helps clear the mind of distractions, allowing for a more focused and clear understanding of oneself and the world.
  • Emotional Balance: Reduces reactivity to emotional stimuli, helping to maintain calmness and reducing stress and anxiety.
  • Insight and Wisdom: Leads to profound insights into the nature of reality, contributing to the realization of the truths of suffering, impermanence, and non-self.

5. Mindfulness in Different Buddhist Traditions:​

• Theravada Buddhism: Emphasizes Satipatthana (the Four Foundations of Mindfulness) as a direct path to enlightenment. These include mindfulness of the body, feelings, mind, and mental objects.
  • Zen Buddhism: Focuses on mindfulness as a means to understand the nature of the self and reality, often through practices like zazen (seated meditation).
  • Tibetan Buddhism: Combines mindfulness with other meditative practices, such as visualization and mantra recitation, to cultivate a deep understanding and transformation of the mind.

Conclusion:​

Mindfulness meditation is considered both a foundational and advanced practice in Buddhism. It is a tool for cultivating awareness, reducing suffering, and ultimately, realizing enlightenment. By practicing mindfulness, one can live more fully in the present moment, develop deep insight into the nature of existence, and progress on the path toward spiritual liberation.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not at all. Believing in nothing means that you think there is nothing. You're not betting your life on nothing because there's nothing to bet your life on. You don't have faith in it because there's nothing to have faith in.
:russ:

This is bad logic

Anyway, you can not prove that life came out of nothing, so again it's a bet, an act of faith. You were not around to see that existence came out of nothing.

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
There's more Christian women than you'd think, that's what they believe on paper, they're retarded by association :manny:
Then just say they all women are. I don’t care about Christian women you could say this about any religion. it’s not even relevant cause them spiritual chicks in my og comment are the ones I fukk anyway. I’m still gonna talk my shyt :yeshrug:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
No, I practice Christianity. I do however practice some Mindfulness Meditation every now and then. Trying to make it an everyday thing for 10-30 minutes.

I also keep my Faith and everyday life objective and apart from each other.
Good luck breh. It took awhile for me but it's well worth it when you get your routine down

timeless

All Star
Daps
:russ:

This is bad logic

Anyway, you can not prove that life came out of nothing, so again it's a bet, an act of faith. You were not around to see that existence came out of nothing.

No living person today was alive when life first sprang up. Religious people bet on their doctrines to provide them proof of where life came to make sense of the world. I bet on nothing. And I live for today.

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
Liberal secularism emphasizes individual liberties and blanket equality across all demographics. Family necessitates that the individual makes personal sacrifices at the cost of their own personal desires. The institution of family also leans towards hierarchical structure. The family greatly diminishes individual freedom and the concept of equality. Liberal secular societies also tend to have the lower birthrates, many are below replacement levels. They have a difficult time even producing families. Liberal secularism as an ideology, whether viewed by itself, and especially when juxtaposed with religion, is antithetical to the family.

As an ideology liberal secularism also resulted in the scientific progress of mankind. It's the reason you have the world's knowledge at your fingertips. It has had an impact on families but has also released us from ancient ignorance and superstition, expanded the concept of human rights, generally increasing our overall well being and lifespans. Even traditional theocratic societies, such as Iran and Egypt, have seen declines in birthrates in recent decades. As scientific knowledge marches forward and people inhabit more dense urban areas the trend will increase. Men and women in modern Liberal secular societies no longer have to constrict themselves to old ideas on what makes for a good life and I'm all for it.

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
The book is based on Judaism, a near eastern faith, written in near eastern language, and based on (ancient) near eastern cultural norms. It's a near eastern religion through and through.

brother, these terms “near eastern”, “middle eastern”, “eastern” etc. are eurocentric terms based on european superiority complexes…

we can go back and forth about semantics that’s why i made it clear what i was referring to…the traditional African religions are closer in their principles and tenets to the religions of the Asian continent was my entire point…polytheism or non-theism, reverence for ancestral spirits, animism, etc…despite christianity coming from a similar geographical region, it’s markedly different…

Catholics believe in the same Trinity (with slight differences) and worship the same God as all Christians. You may not like their institution, but they are Christian. Y'all are probably gonna fight forever over it forever though. That's part of why I want no part of it. :hubie:

you can’t claim to believe in the trinity and also believe that man has the power to forgive sin or act as an intercessor for God…doesn’t work like that…

scripture is clear that only TMH has the authority to forgive sins…the only exception to this was when Yeshua gave authority to his disciples to forgive sin…the catholic church received no such authority…

the catholic church’s belief that priests have the authority to forgive sin is in direct contradiction to TMH’s word and places themselves on the same level as TMH which is blasphemous…

Last edited: