Gen Z Can’t Afford the Rent

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm so confused why is there so much hatred for the youth? Numbers have been provided that show things are rough out here and yet the Coli being out of touch and miserable as always is have a bootstraps jamboree in here. terrible.

At times, we need a French Revolution on these posters. E-Guillotine and all.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Another thread that should’ve been posted in higher learning because we all know this is far too advanced for the people of TLR. I really pray for you mfs who can’t understand basic mathematics or don’t know how to read. The article said rent price has increased 135% and income has increased 77% and numbskulls are in here talking about laziness. Y’all get stupider every day man it’s so exhausting

Landlords are Gods according to TLR.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Times have changed from the rent price being something you pay while you save money for a house or something else.

Now the rent is the same price as a house so you can't save money. You are just stuck renting.
Exactly.

It used to be that you could even use the equity in your home that you bought to pay for medical expenses in old age, but a lot of people aren't even able to pay off the interest on debt including the mortgage.

If you're old in America and don't own property you're basically expected to just kill yourself. People should remember the reason that man killed the former Japanese prime minister. His mother lost everything she had due to a scam that the prime Minister himself was affiliated with.

Again, don't be shocked if more people start turning up with that kind of energy as their parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts start dying saddled with debt which is the result of a government that cares more about the rights of corporations than the electorate itself.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
Bootstraps ain't gonna prevent America into becoming a 3rd world Banana Republic. Its numerically impossible.
Becoming? Slim, we already there in some spots in the US.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I as a Gen X'er can not honestly hold Gen Z'ers to the same standard that I hold my cohort to. The rules and expectation have changed drastically. I've posted this story before, but I think its appropriate here:

My Step father was born in the mid 1930s. He grew up poor in the south. He dropped out of school after 3rd grade to work and help support his family. He never went back to school, yet grew up moved up north, got a job at a factory to own a house, a boat, and numerous cars. My biological father graduated high school, but he too had a similar outcome to by stepfather who didn't. Here is the difference in requirements for success from his generation (Silent Gen) up to Gen Z

Silent Gen: All you had to do was work hard
Baby Boomers: All you had to do was get a diploma and work hard
Gen X: All you had to do was get a College degree and work hard
Millennials: All you had to do was get a College degree in the right major, and work hard
Gen Z: All you have to do is get a college degree in the right major and work hard, but that scope of what is the right degree is far more narrow

The whole "Right Degree" shyt is ridiculous given how what's hot this year won't be in 5 years. My Brother (Boomer) gradated in 1985 with a Computer Science degree and it was worthless back then. Had he graduated with that degree in 1990, his career would be drastically different. Younger Gen X'ers with electrical engineering degrees had to switch lanes or get left in the dust. Gen Z'ers graduating with Physical Therapy doctorates are realizing the aren't getting what was promised 5 years prior.

These heads expect you to be Tony Stark and be a STEM guru, only to be working for 45k a year. :heh:

At this point, physical violence needs to be brought to the people that LIED to these kids, like teachers, professors, and all.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Becoming? Slim, we already there in some spots in the US.

Sad. People say to move to some sundown town in rural America, only for those places to have no real economy and everyone basically 2 paychecks from a premature demise.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The bootstrap crowd are just wealth-simps, too stupid to realize they economically have far more in common with the homeless in tent cities than with the 1%. Its hilarious reading posts online from fools who think a million dollars makes them rich, like its the 1980s still.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I'm not discounting that possibility, but there's also the number of people whose parents themselves are renters. There are millions of seniors being forced into care homes because they can't pay rent on their apartments and their kids don't have space to keep them.

The number of homeless seniors is growing too. I'm saying don't be shocked if workplace rampages come back or if someone just straight up sneaks explosives into a gathering of billionaires and blows that shyt up on some suicide bomber shyt. Don't be surprised if domestic terrorism comes back with a focus on targeting the rich. There is precedent for this.

People need to real their history books again.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
The bootstrap crowd are just wealth-simps, too stupid to realize they economically have far more in common with the homeless in tent cities than with the 1%. Its hilarious reading posts online from fools who think a million dollars makes them rich, like its the 1980s still.

Yep. I do have more money than these c00n azz money simps, and i actually OWN the place where I rest my head at, its just that it is not going to end well with the wealth gap amongst college educated and even STEM majors living below the poverty line.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Times have changed from the rent price being something you pay while you save money for a house or something else.

Now the rent is the same price as a house so you can't save money. You are just stuck renting.

Landlords are having their Golden Age with broke renters that are stuck. They making the most money in H-I-S-T-O-R-Y and they still claim poverty :heh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I went to this high end condo spot here in Nashville on Sunday..old man was there..had a back Injury..his one bedroom was smaller than my last 5 hotel rooms. There was a small kitchen..a little living room..one bedroom..I think a skinny balcony....that was it. shyt was wild. And I know he paying too much for that.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I as a Gen X'er can not honestly hold Gen Z'ers to the same standard that I hold my cohort to. The rules and expectation have changed drastically. I've posted this story before, but I think its appropriate here:

My Step father was born in the mid 1930s. He grew up poor in the south. He dropped out of school after 3rd grade to work and help support his family. He never went back to school, yet grew up moved up north, got a job at a factory to own a house, a boat, and numerous cars. My biological father graduated high school, but he too had a similar outcome to by stepfather who didn't. Here is the difference in requirements for success from his generation (Silent Gen) up to Gen Z

Silent Gen: All you had to do was work hard
Baby Boomers: All you had to do was get a diploma and work hard
Gen X: All you had to do was get a College degree and work hard
Millennials: All you had to do was get a College degree in the right major, and work hard
Gen Z: All you have to do is get a college degree in the right major and work hard, but that scope of what is the right degree is far more narrow

The whole "Right Degree" shyt is ridiculous given how what's hot this year won't be in 5 years. My Brother (Boomer) gradated in 1985 with a Computer Science degree and it was worthless back then. Had he graduated with that degree in 1990, his career would be drastically different. Younger Gen X'ers with electrical engineering degrees had to switch lanes or get left in the dust. Gen Z'ers graduating with Physical Therapy doctorates are realizing the aren't getting what was promised 5 years prior.
Sis, we BEEN tryin' to tell these cats that trades are ALWAYS looking, but they are still under the impression that, as you put it, a 'degree is necessary'. There's no shame in being a plumber, electrician, mechanic, truck driver, etc. These are ALL lucrative occupations.

Not everybody is cut-out for intellectual pursuits or would succeed in a college environment. Those that are should be encouraged to do so.

There's also no shame in being in the Military despite what cats in here parrot. Most of us that have been in are more than happy to tell it like it really is, how NOT to fukk-up, and how to benefit from it. Just like college, not everybody is cut-out for it. Those that are should be encouraged to do so.

Hell, all these gun-nuts and fake-militants on here should go into Law Enforcement since they care so much about the Black Community and safety.

All these career suggestions fall on deaf ears and/or will be met with ridicule, Hyper-Skepticism, derision, and smilies/gifs.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Yep. I do have more money than these c00n azz money simps, and i actually OWN the place where I rest my head at, its just that it is not going to end well with the wealth gap amongst college educated and even STEM majors living below the poverty line.
I too own my own home. I still have young kids, so much of my wealth gets invested in them (Private schooling, sports, tutoring, etc). I worry for my kids future. I spend a ton on my kids, yet know they still fall short of what wealthier kids have access to, when it comes to school and college prep. I look at some of my kids friends and I forsee them falling through the cracks. I've had serious conversations with my wife about whether to invest in giving our kids houses instead of a college education, while they figure out their careers on their own? Do we ship them off to Europe to live to get a free college education? I even fear the generation after Gen Z will not be able to afford the maintenance, taxes, and insurance on the homes the inherit from their parents.