Gen Z Can’t Afford the Rent

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
When's the last time you nikkas googled the wages in most of the states?

Unless you are living in the 1-2 major cities in a state it's a high chance you are getting paid crumbs, but the rent is going up because of tourism and other shyt that has nothing to do with how much money locals can reasonably make.
The other shyt is out of towners moving in from HCOL cities with their higher salaries and buying up real estate. Somebody from NYC, DC, and SF will see a 2500+ sqft 4br 3ba house selling for under $450k as a steal when comparing to the real estate markets of those cities.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Gen-Z Axioms:

Don't get married.
Leisure time >>>> Work
College is a scam.
'Men can get pregnant'.

No wonder they're all broke, miserable, and confused.​

Basically they want to do the opposite of what their parents and grandparents did. How is that working for them?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Stop paying these landlords and their absurd prices for mid apartments. If ya parents are okay with it and you're saving money, go for it.
Main way to beat the system. That’s the only way to buy a place when you’re young. Stay home, stack, and throw down that down payment when you’re ready.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I CAN relax because I live in my own apartment, pay my own bills, and am debt-free, youngin'.

:umad:
All that shyt you talking in this thread and you 40 years old still living in an apartment :laff:

Yeah I’m sure all the zoomers in this thread are like let me get like this old dusty never had a passport dude. :skip:

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
30% rule hasn't been realistic since the late 2000's. I think 40-45% will be the new normal, landlords are going to have to loosen their requirements or units will stay empty.

I feel for Gen-Z because they are stuck like millennials were 15 years ago. Its either stay at home and stack mediocre money, go to University and take on debt which is more damaging than ever, or go into the military for an indefinite period of time.

I worked two jobs for 2.5 years to buy my home with 20% down as prices were going up. Now with prices and interest rates way up someone can work 2 jobs pulling 60-70k combined and probably need to work 3-4 years straight saving (while also living at home) to qualify at that income with 20% down for the average home in major southeast cities.

However I have little sympathy for the millennials in their late 30's who wasted 15-20 years renting and now complaining about how expensive everything is. You had your chance unless you live somewhere extremely expensive like NYC/LA. I know one Charlotte Youtuber in particular whose around 40, used to be talking that "I do better off renting from this company because I don't have to fix anything, renting is cheaper than buying" now looking stupid and complaining about the cost of living, talking that "I'mma live in a shed in the country near the water homestead" crap I see alot of Gen-Z/Millennials do even though they wouldn't make it 90 days living like that.

I saw the writing on the wall years ago, I don't know why they didn't. The secret that Real Estate is the key to wealth got out a few years ago once these corporations started getting in. Then you have people wholesaling, pension funds buying into all of these build-to-rent communities.

Whats also crazy is you have vocal people who say governments should do something about it, however homeowners and companies are way more invested in keeping zoning in their favor. Like I said in another thread, alot of liberals on Reddit turn up online but you'll never see them stay consistent showing up to City Council meetings - they barely watch the City Council livestreams spoonfeeding them whats going on.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Coli so out of touch they’re making sell the iPhone joke meanwhile most gen z who’s employed probably need a top notch phone for work :dahell:
Define 'Top Notch'.

My job just got me this......

71aexn9sZkL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

I convinced them to get rid of the iPhone they gave me (12) and get this one because it has a FLIR camera built-in. That way, I wouldn't have to lug around so much gear.

My personal phone cost $250....

51qXb8txLIL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

I use it for phone calls, video games, and browsing the web with an occasional photo thrown-in.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
All that shyt you talking in this thread and you 40 years old still living in an apartment :laff:

Yeah I’m sure all the zoomers in this thread are like let me get like this old dusty never had a passport dude. :skip:
I planned on moving into a house with the wife.

She passed 3 years ago.

I have NO reason to buy a house.

You can take your foot out of your mouth.​

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Ain’t bout to go back and forth wit u old nikkas who been living in the same house since Jordan’s retirement

nikkas talkin bout go work at McDonalds, to save bread for a crib

Dementia might be kickin in yall nikkas wild

U guys will shyt on Gen Z not acknowledging lotta y’all are the age that raised these folks