Gen Z Can’t Afford the Rent

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
People need to real their history books again.
There's a conspicuous effort to keep the history of labor rights in this country under wraps as well as to hide stories of successful slave escapes and revolts.

Most people don't know who Lucy and Albert parsons are or anything about John brown or the Maroons. They don't want people growing up learning about the times where people have fought back and were literally killed because they wanted to be treated like human beings instead of livestock.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You gotta be Gen X or something because you seem very much detached to the realities that millennials and younger generations face. My first apartment as an adult was a 1 bedroom & was less than 700 a month. In Charlotte. I was making like $20 an hour. This was more than a decade ago. But apparently some companies still want ppl working for the dub and less… but good luck finding a one bedroom for less than 1200 or a 2 bedroom less than 1600
I see apartments that cheap on Zillow..it just looks raggedy..I live by a lake and have access to endless amounts of eateries that are 5 mins away. The mall is 7 mins away. 3 Publix and two Krogers less than 5 mins away. I feel for people stuck in bad spots...you ain't got a car in my zone..you're fukked but I rent brand new 2023s every week so it's no big deal to me. Picking one up tommorrow.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
There's a conspicuous effort to keep the history of labor rights in this country under wraps as well as to hide stories of successful slave escapes and revolts.

Most people don't know who Lucy and Albert parsons are or anything about John brown or the Maroons. They don't want people growing up learning about the times where people have fought back and were literally killed because they wanted to be treated like human beings instead of livestock.

Yep. The concept of a "worker Union" is almost impossible for them to imagine. People do anything BUT to work as a united front and topple these oppressive wage slavery operators nowadays.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Stop spending frivolously frontin for social media and get a real

2d381849-a613-4db4-87fe-759d81293d3a_text.gif

:pachaha:
But the hoes gotta choose breh. My rizz wont allow me to do anything less. :gucci:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Sis, we BEEN tryin' to tell these cats that trades are ALWAYS looking, but they are still under the impression that, as you put it, a 'degree is necessary'. There's no shame in being a plumber, electrician, mechanic, truck driver, etc. These are ALL lucrative occupations.

Not everybody is cut-out for intellectual pursuits or would succeed in a college environment. Those that are should be encouraged to do so.

There's also no shame in being in the Military despite what cats in here parrot. Most of us that have been in are more than happy to tell it like it really is, how NOT to fukk-up, and how to benefit from it. Just like college, not everybody is cut-out for it. Those that are should be encouraged to do so.

Hell, all these gun-nuts and fake-militants on here should go into Law Enforcement since they care so much about the Black Community and safety.

All these career suggestions fall on deaf ears and/or will be met with ridicule, Hyper-Skepticism, derision, and smilies/gifs.
I worked in the high end AV industry. I installed home automation systems in mansions along side most trades (HVAC, Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, etc) The number of trade jobs are small, their pay is not keeping up with inflation, and they are forced to retire earlier than STEM grads due to the effect the work has on their bodies. Again, its "Learn to Code 2.0" Its just a meme comment. It can work as personal advice to an individual, but as I've written many times prior, there aren't enough trade jobs to suffice a fraction of the workers looking for viable careers.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Exactly.

It used to be that you could even use the equity in your home that you bought to pay for medical expenses in old age, but a lot of people aren't even able to pay off the interest on debt including the mortgage.

If you're old in America and don't own property you're basically expected to just kill yourself. People should remember the reason that man killed the former Japanese prime minister. His mother lost everything she had due to a scam that the prime Minister himself was affiliated with.

Again, don't be shocked if more people start turning up with that kind of energy as their parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts start dying saddled with debt which is the result of a government that cares more about the rights of corporations than the electorate itself.

Greed has been the downfall of every country.

shyt has gotten out of control since Reaganomics and corporate ass kissing culture became prevalent. fukk the people, fukk unions, fukk anything designed to help the american citizen....

Citizen Welfare and Benefits = bad
Corporate (Rich) Benefits/Welfare = good

it's pathetic that the word Union has become synonymous with Satan in the country. But who controls the media? The Rich and Corporations. Not a coincidence.

There was a time when profit sharing with your employees was the norm....now it's all about stockholders and fukk the workforce.

There is no reason for a CEO to make 1000x what the average employee makes at some places. I don't give a damn how good the CEO is...it don't matter without the workers.

Wealth inequality has gotten ridiculous in this country.

There's a reason Greed is one of the 7 deadly sins. It will be the downfall of this country as well.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The bootstrap crowd are just wealth-simps, too stupid to realize they economically have far more in common with the homeless in tent cities than with the 1%. Its hilarious reading posts online from fools who think a million dollars makes them rich, like its the 1980s still.

Because in the U.S., having an American Express card with $30,000+ on it to pay for trips and car payments is "better" than the chick who works 9-5 and tries to save some money to pay for essentials.

Everyone tryna stunt. Men wanna be ballers. Women wanna be "models". And they live in a fantasy land where they think one day they gonna be the next "teacher bae" or "trucker bae" :mjlol:

Big Mountain Hélà

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
954/718

36pRmm6.png

PKVA7jn.png

HtqgM9c.png

WTF Happened In 1971?
Nixon fukked up the money

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
COL, ratesbtaxes and utilities have increased why wouldn't landlords raise their rents? Not every landlord is some rich conglomerate btw, some are every day people.

Rising rents beyond wages and inflation is a guaranteed way for a rebellion to start. More landlords been violently attacked and killed in the last 36 months than any previous time in American history.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps

Writing is on the wall right there

Why is everyone IGNORING THIS POST??? :sas2:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad part is there are plenty of homes. Most people just drive by abandoned or dilapidated homes that could be fixed up. The government could pay to fix up and sell them.

Just like with most things, everyone is just chasing the newest build homes just because, even though a lot of them are crappy built subdivisions
fixer uppers are pretty pricey as well

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
At least I ain’t an ignorant old bitter fakkit:mjlol:working my ass off at this job and college
:russ:

I'm working a profession that is lucrative and enjoyable. I 'work' about 20 hours/wk. in the field on salary and subcontract with local utility companies when I feel like it.....

I have a BA. in Mech. Engineering that I paid for outta my own pocket just so I could train more Black people in my profession with less interference.

On the side, I repair PC's. A hobby that generates income steadily.

I am neither a 'fakkit', 'ignorant', 'bitter', nor 'working my ass off' since I actually enjoy what I do.

You sound angry. Must be about time to pay your rent.​