Gen Z Can’t Afford the Rent

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The crap they are buying online is mostly crap that ends up coming apart after two or three washes.

Put it like this…I’d rather own the 1980s $500 dollar deep freezer that lasted 20 years as a kid than the Bluetooth touch screen fridge that stops working after 5.

Things are intentionally built to fail. Planned obsolescence. If you want that really high quality, you are likely to have to pay an arm and a leg. Companies don't make recurring money by building nonfailing quality.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Man, I'm in a position to get more cats employed in my industry, but all I get is excuses even though I, personally, train them and my company pays for certifications that are valid Nation-wide.

:mindblown:

We aren't 'in the way'. Hell, we're doing what we can to get them in where they fit in, ESPECIALLY if they're Black, but they don't want to work.​
its true fam

i be giving dudes actual financial models and investment memos i've built...telling them to use them s guides and to come at me with their ideas so that if i intro them to people in my firm they can show their skills. unfortunately nobody's done it

i used to sit in my bed room in hot ass summer days without AC teaching myself how to do financial models, research stocks, and shyt; it led me to where i'm at today

these young bucks just aint hungry enough and entitled a lot of the time

Daps

36pRmm6.png

PKVA7jn.png

HtqgM9c.png

WTF Happened In 1971?
gold standard was lost

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Man, I'm in a position to get more cats employed in my industry, but all I get is excuses even though I, personally, train them and my company pays for certifications that are valid Nation-wide.

:mindblown:

We aren't 'in the way'. Hell, we're doing what we can to get them in where they fit in, ESPECIALLY if they're Black, but they don't want to work.​
This is in every industry and been going on for over 20 years.

truck drivers, teachers, vets, morticians, repairmen,

I don’t know what’s going on.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Nah they ordering off Saks 5th and spots like that. They stay copping some Dior or Gallery Dept
You realize all these major brands sell their stuff through outlets online? Most people aren’t getting stuff MTSD, they getting it off poshmark etc.

Gucci and Dior aren‘t the high priced items they used to be.

Pier 1 and BB&B used to be upper tier for snooty items, now they sell the same stuff at Target for half the price.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Things are intentionally built to fail. Planned obsolescence. If you want that really high quality, you are likely to have to pay an arm and a leg. Companies don't make recurring money by building nonfailing quality.
They used to, cause they made money down the line with repairmen, like in Sears, able to keep it running and people buying more products.

Now they would rather throw it in the trash and just send you a new one. TVs, clothes, etc.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
You realize all these major brands sell their stuff through outlets online? Most people aren’t getting stuff MTSD, they getting it off poshmark etc.

Gucci and Dior aren‘t the high priced items they used to be.

Pier 1 and BB&B used to be upper tier for snooty items, now they sell the same stuff at Target for half the price.
I’m just talking about what I hear the young folks at work are saying. I know a lot of people are copping off poshmark or straight up replicas. But when somebody talks about all the money they spent on clothes and going out and traveling and THEN they struggling to pay rent tells me they don’t know how to budget
:heh:

Daps
I know it’s rough out here but I hear some of these young folks at my job saying some crazy shyt. They stay traveling, going out to eat for seafood boils and shyt and ordering clothes and useless shyt online. Then wanna complain about not being able to pay rent and how the state don’t pay enough. I know that’s not the case for all the young folks but got damn get your priorities together
they do that because everything else is unobtainable so they indulge, most young people dont have degrees and dont make enough to afford their own place let alone a home, so they spend what they do have on things that are within their reach

Daps
Skipping out on a seafood boil isn't going to put the 80k to 100k in their bank account so they can afford the 20% on an 'ok house' in a big city.

Companies have regularly been shipping jobs overseas and now using AI to dial wages backwards, and in the meantime, they are inflating the price of everything.

This day was going to come sooner or later where America is essentially a 3rd world country with the rich and the poor.
with 7% rates