Gen Z Can’t Afford the Rent

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I’m just talking about what I hear the young folks at work are saying. I know a lot of people are copping off poshmark or straight up replicas. But when somebody talks about all the money they spent on clothes and going out and traveling and THEN they struggling to pay rent tells me they don’t know how to budget
:heh:
Those two things don’t necessarily mean the same thing.

Whats the point of getting vacation and personal time if you can’t travel and enjoy yourself.

The point younger generations mean is they should be able to do both(within reason. I don’t mean going to Europe on a whim.)

My car insurance/property tax is now more than what I was paying when I bought it. That has nothing to do with my budgeting skills or buying a car I couldn’t afford.

Insurance just literally decided decades of cars depreciation in value is out the window.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
When's the last time you nikkas googled the wages in most of the states?

Unless you are living in the 1-2 major cities in a state it's a high chance you are getting paid crumb unless you working a STEM job, but the rent is going up because of tourism and other shyt that has nothing to do with how much money locals can reasonably make. The shyt really doesn't make any sense regardless.

There's no reason any state should have 7.25 dollar minimum wage in 2023 when other states offer twice that, but the rent is the same in both. How does that make sense?

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Those two things don’t necessarily mean the same thing.

Whats the point of getting vacation and personal time if you can’t travel and enjoy yourself.

The point younger generations mean is they should be able to do both(within reason. I don’t mean going to Europe on a whim.)

My car insurance/property tax is now more than what I was paying when I bought it. That has nothing to do with my budgeting skills or buying a car I couldn’t afford.

Insurance just literally decided decades of cars depreciation in value is out the window.
I get going on vacation and using pto. When I said they stay traveling I’m talking about trips to Miami and Vegas for the weekend. shyt like that

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You realize all these major brands sell their stuff through outlets online? Most people aren’t getting stuff MTSD, they getting it off poshmark etc.

Gucci and Dior aren‘t the high priced items they used to be.

Pier 1 and BB&B used to be upper tier for snooty items, now they sell the same stuff at Target for half the price.
youre right but not completely

A versace tee could be got on sale for 60% off, but the msrp may still be $1000
$400 for a tee is still expensive lol

example:

these are some basic items too

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I get going on vacation and using pto. When I said they stay traveling I’m talking about trips to Miami and Vegas for the weekend. shyt like that
Again, traveling within the United States should be affordable on a decent salary.

You think concerts and festivals aren’t meant to be enjoyed by regular Americans?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
its true fam

i be giving dudes actual financial models and investment memos i've built...telling them to use them s guides and to come at me with their ideas so that if i intro them to people in my firm they can show their skills. unfortunately nobody's done it

i used to sit in my bed room in hot ass summer days without AC teaching myself how to do financial models, research stocks, and shyt; it led me to where i'm at today

these young bucks just aint hungry enough and entitled a lot of the time
Breh, to get your foot in the door in my field, there are three requirements: valid driver's license, high school diploma/G.E.D., & the ability to read a tape measure/do simple math.

Guess how many people are missing at least ONE requirement.....in their early/mid-20's.

:snoop:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The other day thecoli told me they can't afford anything because they are busy taking trips and shyt.:mjlol:
People spending WAY more than they used to. You can’t convince me otherwise. IG has been the best travel agent I’ve ever seen. The math ain’t matching.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
youre right but not completely

A versace tee could be got on sale for 60% off, but the msrp may still be $1000
$400 for a tee is still expensive lol

example:

these are some basic items too
Click on the sale tab and you will see the prices most people are paying.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Again, traveling within the United States should be affordable on a decent salary.

You think concerts and festivals aren’t meant to be enjoyed by regular Americans?
The one breh already was talking about spending 250 a week at the bar. You gonna triple that easy in Vegas or Miami. A few people at my job do this at least every other month
:picard:

I could do this too. But I like having a roof over my head
:heh:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Another thread that should’ve been posted in higher learning because we all know this is far too advanced for the people of TLR. I really pray for you mfs who can’t understand basic mathematics or don’t know how to read. The article said rent price has increased 135% and income has increased 77% and numbskulls are in here talking about laziness. Y’all get stupider every day man it’s so exhausting