Gears of War 3 is criminally underrated

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Gears campaigns are pretty forgettable. Only the MP is worth talking about.
The shyt is about on par with COD campaigns, post mw2 of course ( the last good one imo). Just Random as fukk, and TOO busy. Plus if you're not playing it with a full squad, you can damn near let the computer kill everything.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
The campaigns of Gears on Insane are fun especially in Co-Op :ehh:

Yeah before the Ultimate Edition came out I revisited this one and it's still a lot of fun. I wouldn't call it underrated though. The game sold about as much as the first two, was critically acclaimed, and considered by most the best in the series at least online wise. Still has a very large community too on Xbox Live:yeshrug:

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm hella late to the party but I just revisted the Gears series campaign

Gears of War - The story was generic but the gameplay was frantic and in your face which made this game so great. The music was epic itself.

Gears of War 2 - I felt that campaign was too long and just wasn't interesting. I just wished for it to be over. I didn't like how the firefights were pretty much all long rang so it didn't really provide any challenge for me. I felt like I was playing Virtual Cop or House of the Dead without the guns, it became more of a on rails shooter. Dom's voice actor was bad compared to everyone else. No passion in his voice what so ever. The music pales in comparison to the last. Boss fighters weren't really boss fights anymore, felt more like quick time events.

Gear of War 3 - Graphics are amazing and really show off the 360's capabilities. I love the chatter amongst the COG. The story is more interesting this time around and leaves you wondering what happens next. Still feels like a on rails shooter but they include more close quarters combat in this game like the original. This game is packed with content and I seen multiplayer was 6500 players strong as today

Gears of War Judgement - I have to finish 3 first.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Gears of War - The story was generic but the gameplay was frantic and in your face which made this game so great. The music was epic itself.

Gears of War 2 - I felt that campaign was too long and just wasn't interesting. I just wished for it to be over. I didn't like how the firefights were pretty much all long rang so it didn't really provide any challenge for me. I felt like I was playing Virtual Cop or House of the Dead without the guns, it became more of a on rails shooter. Dom's voice actor was bad compared to everyone else. No passion in his voice what so ever. The music pales in comparison to the last. Boss fighters weren't really boss fights anymore, felt more like quick time events.
i disagree. gears 2 was by far the best campaign for me. not has intense as the first, but i actually loved the pacing and length. gears 3 is dead to me - fukk that game.

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What!!! You dudes are trippin, man the campaign in 3 is the shyt. The set pieces are so beautiful in this game and it really sets the tone throughout. The lament humans was a nice change of pace turning the game into a third person view left for dead. Dom made that ultimate sacrafice. When you enter that city and see all the ashes of people tryin to get away from the hammer of dawn strikes, straight erie as fukk.

I feel the developers got everything right this time around. The weapons are more balanced this time around with each one being useful. In gears, all I needed was the lancer and sniper rifle. In gears 2, the hammer gun was powerful as fukk with that super zoom. Also it was mad easy to cheese thru the game with the shield n machine pistol.

The campaign in 2 was definitely influenced by the call of duty franchise with all the ride along sequences and "hey let's do something crazier than last" repeatedly.

3 finds back its groove focusing on squad based combat first, theatrics second. So sad I'm almost finished with this thrill ride but judgement awaits me.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I was ass in all the Gears MP, I couldn't adjust to the wallbouncers with gnashers :scusthov:, I said fukk it and kept playing. The shooting felt the best by far and the sound of the weapons. :blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was ass in all the Gears MP, I couldn't adjust to the wallbouncers with gnashers :scusthov:, I said fukk it and kept playing. The shooting felt the best by far and the sound of the weapons. :blessed:
I ended up getting decent in Gears 3 after playing it for a while.

uixAXQ.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff: nikka ya KD not even positive that aint decent :mjlol:
That is decent to me. Compared to how I was at first, I was garbage but a few months later I felt I was doing good. KD is just a look at overall stats which includes when you was trash. KD isn't "This nikka was nice since day 1". You wouldn't know how decent I got just by looking at KD.