Gears of War 3 is criminally underrated

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yo, I see someone managed to still play Gears of War 1 on PC. shyt looks smooth at 60fps. I'm about to check this out.

Breh... where can I cop this on PC at?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh... where can I cop this on PC at?
You can cop it with a key from here:
http://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-gears-of-war.html $16.99
Use coupon code GMD-405E0946 to take off $3.

or you can pirate the game and get a key for $10 from here:
http://cdkeyshere.com/windows-live-universal-cd-key.html#.VPTIk_l5M_t

Afterwards just follow this guide to set it up. I'm gonna try this out today.

https://forums.epicgames.com/thread...g-Gears-of-War-PC-on-Windows-8-also-Windows-7

Thread with more info
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/gears-of-war-1-pc-online-60fps-online-still-works.297434/

Edit: I just copped from the first link. It's legit. Got my download and key minutes later.
It's downloading now.

Edit #2: Just installed and booted up. Jumped right into a player match. :wow:

ibtRYYcSm5PhKe.png

Custom Maps

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I would still play this game if I could. Let me know when they make playing online free for the 360 so I can dust this game off...

HarlemRiverDrive

Rated X by an all white jury.
Daps
Reppin
South Chicago
Gears of War 3 still gets a considerably LARGE amount of players. Peak times for MP is around ~7000 players at estimate, Horde at ~600, Campaign at ~11K. Beast Mode doesn't get a lot of plays.

Gears of War 3 is the only TPS I can fukk with. It's good. IT /feels/ so fukking good to play.

So if you want to hop in, there really is no better time than now. Black Tusk is giving the game life in the competitive field with the new playlists.

All they need to do is fix the goddamn netcode. :mjcry:

HarlemRiverDrive

Daps
Reppin
South Chicago
that shyt looks MAD arcadey and cheap with all the wall bouncing.....is this sarcasm? Im not feeling that wall bouncing cheap shyt at all.

:mjlol: Wall bouncing is incredibly hard to do, but once you manage to master that mechanic, you are untouchable (unless you get sawed off'd:troll:)

Even then Wall bouncing is an aesthetic to competitve multiplayer. (Only default weapons, edited weapon spawns and only ~5 tournament worthy maps.) There's cooperation that you have to do in the game or you will get fukkED. There is no solo man bullshyt in this game. Coordination spread fires, pushing for power weapons, utilizing smoke grenades to trap enemies, etc.

Gears is my nitro, and I will stan that shyt until I'm gunned down.

Na it was the worst out of the 3, basically made the game to noob friendly and killed it, which is the reason the player count died so fast

Na gears 3 still sold about 5 mill, it was just the developers went wit a more noob friendly approach and the hardcore abandoned that shyt like the plague, series is basically dead to me until further notice

What are you talking about? Do you mean the emphasis on TDM? Because otherwise Gears 3 outside of the bullshyt re: Retro Lancer and Hammerburst is arguably the best of the series. It's in no way 'noob friendly'.

I'd argue Retro Lancer and Sawed Off, Lancer/Hammerburst stopping power, certain characters having ridiculous hurt/hitboxes (female characters, alternate costumes) along with the DLC issues of the Fenix Rising pack that fukked the servers MAY/may not have hurt the longetivity of the game, but Gears 3 gave everything competitive players needed. Dedicated Execution and Warzone playlists. Extensive weapon spawn editing.

And like I said before, player count hasn't died like that. People still play Gears. The devs still support Gears.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man Gears 1 feels a little "off" after having not played it in so long. I can't really wall bounce like I could do in Gears 3.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
:mjlol: Wall bouncing is incredibly hard to do, but once you manage to master that mechanic, you are untouchable (unless you get sawed off'd:troll:)

Even then Wall bouncing is an aesthetic to competitve multiplayer. (Only default weapons, edited weapon spawns and only ~5 tournament worthy maps.) There's cooperation that you have to do in the game or you will get fukkED. There is no solo man bullshyt in this game. Coordination spread fires, pushing for power weapons, utilizing smoke grenades to trap enemies, etc.

Gears is my nitro, and I will stan that shyt until I'm gunned down.

What are you talking about? Do you mean the emphasis on TDM? Because otherwise Gears 3 outside of the bullshyt re: Retro Lancer and Hammerburst is arguably the best of the series. It's in no way 'noob friendly'.

I'd argue Retro Lancer and Sawed Off, Lancer/Hammerburst stopping power, certain characters having ridiculous hurt/hitboxes (female characters, alternate costumes) along with the DLC issues of the Fenix Rising pack that fukked the servers MAY/may not have hurt the longetivity of the game, but Gears 3 gave everything competitive players needed. Dedicated Execution and Warzone playlists. Extensive weapon spawn editing.

And like I said before, player count hasn't died like that. People still play Gears. The devs still support Gears.
I mean rod ferguson did come out and say he added the sawed off and retro for noobs(including him), and said he never learned how to use the gnasher and use to get killed all the time, game transitioned from execution and war zone focused to damn near all team death match and hoard.

All servers weren't dedicated

And they damn near let them dudes kill the series wit judgment

HarlemRiverDrive

Daps
Reppin
South Chicago
I mean rod ferguson dd come out and say he added the sawed off and retro for noobs(including him), and said he never learned how to use the gnasher and use to get killed all the time, game trainsitioned from execution and war zone focused to damn near all team death match and hoard.

All servers weren't dedicated

And they damn near let them dudes kill the series wit judgment

TDM will always be popular in any shooter, this is something you can't avoid. It's the most approachable gametype. I know Gears was born and bred from Execution (which is better than) Warzone, but I really do like the pool based spawning of Gears!TDM in comparison to the FT50 staple in other shooters. It still keeps the same tactics and cooperation focus (cause you need to manage your spawn pool)

Servers were dedis up until Fenix Rising, then dedis were guarded by a paywall iirc. Fenix Rising is one of the reasons why the playerbase for 3 dropped dramatically.