Gap drops Kanye, removes all Yeezy gear from stores, shuts down YZYgap.com

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I was on Reddit, and, apparently, Yeezy sales accounted for 8% of their [Adidas'] total revenue stream? Do you know how much money that is?! Wow, and they're about to lose it all. I also read that Kanye is apparently worth 6 billion (with a "B") dollars. If that is even close to being true then he will be okay. I'm really not sure how to feel about this situation. I'm sure my love for Kanye's music is clouding my judgment, but, this just seems so much bigger than Kanye. The precedent that this situation will set. I'm conflicted.
No

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
When you speak against the ruling cacs behind the curtains, this what they'll do.

Ain't no telling what Nick Cannon had to do to get back in their favor, assuming the whole thing wasn't their idea in order to let people know what will happen if you try to speak against them.

No other group in the western world is as volatile to speak against as them
Nick didn’t say anything nearly as offensive and doesn’t have a platform nearly as far reaching and powerful as Kanye.

Approach 10 people on the street. 10 out of the 10 will have heard of Kanye and his remarks. I doubt you could find 5 people who even knew Nick Cannon by name alone (and not needing to say ‘americas got talent guy who married Mariah!”), let alone what he said.

That’s why Nick got the pass that Kanye’s not going to get.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Nick didn’t say anything nearly as offensive and doesn’t have a platform nearly as far reaching and powerful as Kanye.

Approach 10 people on the street. 10 out of the 10 will have heard of Kanye and his remarks. I doubt you could find 5 people who even knew Nick Cannon by name alone (and not needing to say ‘americas got talent guy who married Mariah!”), let alone what he said.

Fair point. I wonder how long before they kill his Twitter account

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

People knew Nick Cannon as Mr. Nickelodeon and as a general non offensive celebrity black guy who's pretty non-threatening. That's why he got a pass. He was hosting the Nick Kids Choice Awards for years.