Gaming Going Subscription Won’t Be Cheaper

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They were half off because nobody bought them shyts. We had crazy sale records with no games setting records

Right, so the consumer set the tone. They waited, which meant they were discounted faster. Not to mention the physical games that gotta eventually come off the shelves.

And you say you rarely spend outside of gamepass, does that mean you don’t plan on buying any nintendo or playstation games this year?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Right, so the consumer set the tone. They waited, which meant they were discounted faster. Not to mention the physical games that gotta eventually come off the shelves.

And you say you rarely spend outside of gamepass, does that mean you don’t plan on buying any nintendo or playstation games this year?

No consumer set the tone but a lot of xboxs were being bought here and in the UK. Gamepass is always trending on twitter. You don't think Sony see this.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes it will because you can hop in and hop out of a sub whenever you want. Even paying $20 a month for all 12 months of the year of you got 3.43 full priced games worth you broke even anymore and you're ahead.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:comeon: Microsoft is still publishing games through traditional means. You can still buy the games if you are so inclined. And at a discount with GP. This so-called concern is contrived and old, brother duck.

Don’t be so short sighted breakfast, you’re better than that

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Thats 240 dollars a year, and most of us ain’t surviving off netflix alone. in my example i got crunchy roll, hulu, prime (comes with other benefits though), paramount+, Starz through amazon, and I’m probably forgetting one or two. Thats waaaay more than my cable plan with premium channels.

The bulk of your argument in regards to overall cost comes down to bad personal spending habits. What single man truly needs access to multiple streaming services all in a single month? You're even forgetting what you pay for which is another bad habit.

If you're smart you turn shyt off and on as you need it and it mitigates your costs substantially. Households with multiple people under one roof is really the only case where you need several subscriptions at once, and at that point you have others chipping in.

If you play a lot of games, streaming services are easily a way better value. $120/year for gamepass ultimate pays for itself with two $60 games. In 2021, I personally played and beat the following via Gamepass:

Outriders
The Ascent
Halo Reach, 4, and 5 from the MCC
Yakzuza 0-6
Psychonauts 2
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Infinite

That would amount to more than $300 if I bought those games full price day and date and that's not even including the multiple Yakuza titles or Master Chief Collection. Not to mention I bought ME: Legendary Edition which eventually came to GamePass anyway, so I could've save more if I waited.

Right now you can pay $18 for Ubisoft+ and play all their games, including Far Cry 6 and Rider's Republic. You can literally pay for the sub, then try out and play multiple games within 30 days, and it more than pays for itself

Your argument is weak:hubie:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Don’t be so short sighted breakfast, you’re better than that
I'm not being short-sighted, you just have this irrational fear of Microsoft. I'll take a guess and say you think they're trying to do away with your beloved single-player epics and turn everything into a GaaS :youngsabo:. They're destroying the auteur's vision. It ain't right, I tell you! It ain't right.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The bulk of your argument in regards to overall cost comes down to bad personal spending habits. What single man truly needs access to multiple streaming services all in a single month? You're even forgetting what you pay for which is another bad habit.

If you're smart you turn shyt off and on as you need it and it mitigates your costs substantially. Households with multiple people under one roof is really the only case where you need several subscriptions at once, and at that point you have others chipping in.

If you play a lot of games, streaming services are easily a way better value. $120/year for gamepass ultimate pays for itself with two $60 games. In 2021, I personally played and beat the following via Gamepass:

Outriders
The Ascent
Halo Reach, 4, and 5 from the MCC
Yakzuza 0-6
Psychonauts 2
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Infinite

That would amount to more than $300 if I bought those games full price day and date and that's not even including the multiple Yakuza titles or Master Chief Collection. Not to mention I bought ME: Legendary Edition which eventually came to GamePass anyway, so I could've save more if I waited.

Right now you can pay $18 for Ubisoft+ and play all their games, including Far Cry 6 and Rider's Republic. You can literally pay for the sub, then try out and play multiple games within 30 days, and it more than pays for itself

Your argument is weak:hubie:
a lot of these 60/n now 70 dollar games are one n dones too(mainly them AAA single player joints) so there's that to factor in. ultimately it depends on how much time you spend on video games.

there's games I really enjoyed n glad I played but aint gonna run em back like that.

I played Tales of Berseria a few years back, had a good time, loved the story, but aint gonna replay it. n I bought it at full price.

did the same with persona 5 on ps4, put around 100 hours in, great time, but it was a one and done. 60 dollar game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When Sony does this, I'm sure you'll be more comfortable with it...

For the record, I've said multiple times that gamepass is getting a price hike like every other single sub service as time goes on.

Anyway, Sub services are a cheaper option for people.

It's really no way to get around that.

Complaining about sub services is like like complaining about renting video games and movies from blockbuster and rental stories back in the day.

I can almost promise that you never complained about renting games and gamepass and subs are much much greater values than those were, they were actually "rip off" but if you didn't want to pay 70 for a game you gladly paid 7 dollars for 4 days.