Gaming Going Subscription Won’t Be Cheaper

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Halo Infinite Campaign Once Again Tops the Steam Charts

Within 24 Hours, Forza Horizon 4 Tops Steam Charts!

Lets even say they AREN’T being played more on steam (we have no real way of knowing) theres still the fact that xbox games have a SIZABLE audience on the steam charts, in fact most of yall here brag about it

So tell me why would xbox game be blowing up the charts of steam if those same players could easily player them for practically nothing on gamepass pc?

There’s an major subsection of gamers that value ownership
Breh what the hell are we supposed to do with this information when you didn't provide the GP numbers :mjlol:? Regardless it probably has less to do with people's need of "ownership" and more their preference to stay on Steam. Its userbase is fiercely loyal.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh what the hell are we supposed to do with this information when you didn't provide the GP numbers :mjlol:? Regardless it probably has less to do with people's need of "ownership" and more their preference to stay on Steam. Its userbase is fiercely loyal.

Your boss doesn’t provide those numbers, I’m posting proof that 100,000’s of people would rather outright pay for a game rather than pay to play it on gamepass pc

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If people prefer buying individual games to subscribing to a service then the subscription services will end up failing.

It's funny that people who prefer subscription services don't care if you can buy games or not but people who prefer to buy games seem to view subscription services as some sort of threat. I say give us both options and let people vote with their spending.

In all other forms of media from books, to TV, to movies, to music the subscription service business model is thriving. This is clearly something customers want.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
GaaS is the same as SaaS, take away ownership and keep you paying forever instead of once. the problem is SaaS usually has continued benefits of updates and security support. games dont

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
GaaS is the same as SaaS, take away ownership and keep you paying forever instead of once. the problem is SaaS usually has continued benefits of updates and security support. games dont

You can still purchase games.

I will gladly trade ownership of all the games I get access to for more access to more games at the expense of a lack of ownership for most of the games I play.

Most of the games I play are disposable to me. I'll play through them once and highly likely never revisit them. If I want frequent access to a game or to have ownership of it I'll just buy that individual game. I doubt the option to buy games will ever go away.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
You can still purchase games.

I will gladly trade ownership of all the games I get access to for more access to more games at the expense of a lack of ownership for most of the games I play.

Most of the games I play are disposable to me. I'll play through them once and highly likely never revisit them. If I want frequent access to a game or to have ownership of it I'll just buy that individual game. I doubt the option to buy games will ever go away.

as long as we have options, i dont have a problem. i said may times on here you can thrive with a gamepass sub