GameStop will get paid from digital downloads/content on each Xbox sold

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
It’s the only reasonable explanation for your fervent disdain fort this strategic retail partnership.

Somehow I don’t think you’d feel so strongly on the subject if other partners were involved:mjpls:

Considering the monumental loss of the passing gen that MS took, I see them attempting to prop up the brand through the failing organs of GameStop strange to say the least. They could/should do better, like something with BestBuy or Wal-Mart with their mock homeroom stations (ideally when COVID subsides... if ever). You could attach real 4K demos to the 4K TVs, and have a better highway of sales simply due to the fact that people enjoy going into Best Buy. 4K sets, big audio experiences, you could really sell the "upmarket" experience. People hate going to GameStop, which is a major reason they're failing, and most of the stores are holes in a mall with little in the way to sell anything in a big manner.

The turnaround I can see is that they don't make it a dignity-robbing experience to go into GameStop, and Reggie makes good use of the money in some way. Otherwise, nobody (MS, Sony, Nintendo, whomever) should be using and paying GameStop to try and get additional exposure.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
no doubt. but if you already paying them one premium, I'm not giving them a cut of my pie too.

esp a dying business
This appears to be a Chess move.

I won't be surprised if Microsoft is looking at this as a real estate play and looking out for GS now with the vision of building out a store front presence down the road.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

I won't be surprised if Microsoft is looking at this as a real estate play and looking out for GS now with the vision of building out a store front presence down the road.

They've closed their brick and mortar Microsoft stores already just to reopen them in GameStop's places? That makes zero sense imo.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

They will all be turned into MSFT gaming stores i think. Its a great idea. Game a game specific retail space is very important. My local gamestop always come through with the hard to find items and shyt. Ill be copping my Xbox series X on launch Without a preorder thanks to my connects.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gamespot bout to hide some of them PS5's to get those Series X sales. White companies always got find a way to level the playing field :russ: