GameStop will get paid from digital downloads/content on each Xbox sold

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They will all be turned into MSFT gaming stores i think. Its a great idea. Game a game specific retail space is very important. My local gamestop always come through with the hard to find items and shyt. Ill be copping my Xbox series X on launch Without a preorder thanks to my connects.
It's bigger than gaming. They might be trying to position themselves to be like Apple in terms of having multiple locations where people can try out their hardware/tech. Gaming is just a piece to a larger puzzle for them.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They've closed their brick and mortar Microsoft stores already just to reopen them in GameStop's places? That makes zero sense imo.
:heh:
Makes sense to me. There's far more GameStop locations than there were MS stores.

Whatever they want to do/push they have the bread to do it.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
If anyone is familiar with the cloud computing model, this is a similar take on it. Somebody has excess sever capacity (Gamestop has physical stores), rather than stand up your own data center, pay them to use that extra capacity give Gamestop a percentage off the top). Microsoft doesn't have to pay for all of that real estate to have a physical presence. Let GameStop pay rent, employees, all of those capital expenses. All of that surface hardware aside, I don't think they're taking much of a loss on the deal since GameStop only profits on a sale for Microsoft (I haven't looked at the deal in a few days, might be off on that). It will put the burden on GameStop to shift products if they want to make money on the deal. If they don't make a lot of sales, Microsoft doesn't really lose any money - yeah they didn't sell anything, but they also didn't pay the percentage, so no net loss.

It's not going to be a game changer in terms of sales, but it let's them have a physical storefront without needing to pay. I'd bet that GameStop was still seeing more foot traffic than the Microsoft stores. I got a friend still pre ordering shyt from GameStop for whatever reason :skip:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:snoop:
Seems like an unnecessary L from MSFT.

They are that desperate to move units that they are gonna give GameStop a cut of each sale?

What do they get in return?

DAHELL!?!?!?

Odd.
If this was Sony you'd praise this as genius :camby:
They don't need these goombas to do that. And Givin them a cut? :scust:
how much is this cut Rekkapryde
you know they already pay Gamestop a premium to have their shyt at the front of the store already right? :skip:
how much is this premium Rekkapryde
no doubt. but if you already paying them one premium, I'm not giving them a cut of my pie too.

esp a dying business
How much are they paying then Rekkapryde, you can't be outraged without knowing the numbers. That would be hating :ufdup:
This math is not adding up.
Would you like to show us the equation :popcorn:
Church. And what's to stop the Walmarts, Bestbuys, Targets, and Amazons from wanting a similar deal now too?
So you are salty, how dare they right?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe, but now you open the door to the big retailers wanting a similar deal. Let Gamestop die.
They're Microsoft, they will cut the check and not think twice about it.