GameStop will get paid from digital downloads/content on each Xbox sold

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not seeing the net positive for MS here, unless they're trying to carve a spend money to make money thing on a corpse of a company in GameStop?

The profit sharing I could see coming after its proven viable (to keep the train rolling), but I'm missing something here...
They closed their retail stores. This is Microsoft basically turning GameStop into Microsoft/xbox stores.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
They closed their retail stores. This is Microsoft basically turning GameStop into Microsoft/xbox stores.

This really isn't a hard thing to grasp. Microsoft gets retail presence without having to personally maintain said retail presence. There are probably clauses that means that Gamestop needs to meet certain retention, rates, or whatever metric Microsoft is using to push for this in the first place. Gamestop is still the nation's largest game only store with a large brick and mortar footprint. Not to mention, they have Gamestop on Azure now so they are getting that money right back.

Basically, they got Gamestop on a 360 music deal and Microsoft is calling the shots.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This really isn't a hard thing to grasp. Microsoft gets retail presence without having to personally maintain said retail presence. There are probably clauses that means that Gamestop needs to meet certain retention, rates, or whatever metric Microsoft is using to push for this in the first place. Gamestop is still the nation's largest game only store with a large brick and mortar footprint. Not to mention, they have Gamestop on Azure now so they are getting that money right back.

Basically, they got Gamestop on a 360 music deal and Microsoft is calling the shots.

nikkaz closing 320 stores and still getting life breathed into them. Let them hoes go.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
nikkaz closing 320 stores and still getting life breathed into them. Let them hoes go.

Reggie is there so this might actually work. That man is beyond competent. He's a business and marketing savant. I don't have any issues with brand and clearly Microsoft doesn't either. In any event, Gamestop has to dance for Microsoft and it isn't like Microsoft can't extend this arrangement to other retailers as well.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Reggie is there so this might actually work. That man is beyond competent. He's a business and marketing savant. I don't have any issues with brand and clearly Microsoft doesn't either. In any event, Gamestop has to dance for Microsoft and it isn't like Microsoft can't extend this arrangement to other retailers as well.

man fukk Gamestop. Let them die and just buy the stores out if that's the case. :mjcry:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Apparently a bunch of fakkits here are eager to see an American company go bankrupt and thousands more Americans lose jobs to satisfy their console war disease.

Stans are pathetic

Orders new game online, arrives open with no seal.

fukk GameStop.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
man fukk Gamestop. Let them die and just buy the stores out if that's the case. :mjcry:
:russ:

I'm lost, legit lost. Why does so many people have distain for Gamestop? Admittedly, it's been a long minute since I've been in one but I'd just get my preorder and dip. Maybe because the guys at my local GS were cool.

I'm getting all my next-gen games/consoles from Amazon/Best Buy with the exception of a few going forward because of the convenience but nikkas go from

A1VZ3OSazVvhbR3KTQvt15NevUt-cR4QuW2peOCdztDqM_qr4siwB6kpcT215rndhRzn9jSP4SEmoS726QiyrTtKMCJ0b2vk7bjcXimK0W6mV1AbqsLTjg
to
7914ab8a02118e1e0c7e1345d9030f08.jpg

at the mere mention of Gamestop

:mjlol:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I trust MSFT from a business standpoint for the most part. I'm pretty sure if they are doing this they see a benefit to it. Only time will really tell though.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

Neither had retail stores going well is the thing, and both were destined for the grave. MS stores were graveyards in my experience. I just don't get a second investment, reducing the focus of it, for another dying company that needed to sell your competitors stuff to survive AND sharing your profits.

That is, unless real estate was the problem for Microsoft? Maybe GS is footing more of this than we know. I'll have to get my hands on some better info.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Neither had retail stores going well is the thing, and both were destined for the grave. MS stores were graveyards in my experience. I just don't get a second investment, reducing the focus of it, for another dying company that needed to sell your competitors stuff to survive AND sharing your profits.

That is, unless real estate was the problem for Microsoft? Maybe GS is footing more of this than we know. I'll have to get my hands on some better info.
Microsoft doesn’t sell enough physical products to have their own store. Microsoft stores were more advertisement than they were retail profit drivers. This allows them to demo products and have a physical space for customers to come to. Kinda like Apple stores. Most people don’t buy their device from the Apple store, but the store being available ads value to any apple product you buy.

This is just pivoting that advertisement money to GameStop in order for Microsoft to keep a retail presence for people who still need that kind of store. Inevitably brick and mortar stores will die. This is just Microsoft hopping on the last wave before the shyts over with.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
be honest....how many of you step foot in Gamestops?

i literally only goto best buy, walmart, or target
I only go there if i rage quit too hard and break a controller. Pop in there and buy a used one real quick. them cheap aftermarket ones are shyt and i'm not paying retail for an officiall controller.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Microsoft doesn’t sell enough physical products to have their own store.

Yes, that is the fundamental issue and it doesn't/hasn't changed. The MS store was propped up with other people's products and the XBOX. It was a glorified laptop booth. Hence the big why to have another go with even less products (just XBOX??)? AND give away profits to the tenants?

Doesn't make much financial sense to invest a proven-dead idea into a dying brick store that the majority want to die. The only bits I can see is they're trying a little too hard to get exposure over Sony, and migration to the GamePass/XBOX as a service idea is accelerated and this the way to specifically target a gaming store.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, that is the fundamental issue and it doesn't/hasn't changed. The MS store was propped up with other people's products and the XBOX. It was a glorified laptop booth. Hence the big why to have another go with even less products (just XBOX??)? AND give away profits to the tenants?

Doesn't make much financial sense to invest a proven-dead idea into a dying brick store that the majority want to die. The only bits I can see is they're trying a little too hard to get exposure over Sony, and migration to the GamePass/XBOX as a service idea is accelerated and this the way to specifically target a gaming store.
So they got GameStop to do their physical presence for them.

What’s your problem breh? Microsoft spend their money how they want to.

Sony stans Wild :mjlol: