GameStop will get paid from digital downloads/content on each Xbox sold

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Seems like an unnecessary L from MSFT.

They are that desperate to move units that they are gonna give GameStop a cut of each sale?

What do they get in return?

DAHELL!?!?!?

Odd.
Why would a gaming company want hands on access to the largest game store :gucci:

Instant access to brick and mortar stores all over. More exposure and promotion of it's products.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why would a gaming company want hands on access to the largest game store :gucci:

Instant access to brick and mortar stores all over. More exposure and promotion of it's products.

you know they already pay Gamestop a premium to have their shyt at the front of the store already right? :skip:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Get strong armed by a bankrupt company into handing over your lunch money, Microbrehs :mjlol:

Some nikka from GameStop gonna be pulling up to Phil’s office every Friday to collect an envelope full of cash

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse

Why would a gaming company voluntarily give a software sales cut to retailers that sell their hardware? Software sales that aren’t even made at said retailer...:why:

That’s the bigger question.

Will they give a cut to Walmart? Amazon? Target? Best Buy? The countless other places that will sell Xbox consoles?

It’s not like MS needs GameStop.

Nobody is saying “Damn, if I can’t buy my Xbox from GaneStop I’m just not gonna buy it at all”.

GameStop needs MS not the other way around.
It’s just a weird move.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
What narrative we gonna run with? Cuz yall the be trynna joke (hate) cant have it both ways

Is it "Xbox no longer cares about selling Units, you dont need the new Xbox, keep your current or get a PC?

Or is it

They are that desperate to move units that they are gonna give GameStop a cut of each sale?

Oooochie Wally :hula: One Mic?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why would a gaming company voluntarily give a software sales cut to retailers that sell their hardware? Software sales that aren’t even made at said retailer...:why:

Will they give a cut to Walmart? Amazon? Target? Best Buy? The countless other places that will sell Xbox consoles?

Nobody is saying “Damn, if I can’t buy my Xbox from GaneStop I’m just not gonna buy it at all”.

It’s just a weird move.

Church. And what's to stop the Walmarts, Bestbuys, Targets, and Amazons from wanting a similar deal now too?

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps

It’s just a weird move.

Church. And what's to stop the Walmarts, Bestbuys, Targets, and Amazons from wanting a similar deal now too?

Y'all need to read the details instead of just going off headlines. It's a partnership between Xbox and GameStop. They're giving GameStop a commission on digital sales at GameStop and providing them with Microsoft office equipment to use in store.