Games where the sequel or threequel ruined an otherwise fantastic series.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
71YjdrLM2uL.jpg

at this point ive beaten doom1/2 thousands of times but i beat this shyt once and never played it again:unimpressed:
Even the studio know that game was trash, that's why doom 64 is the canonical 3rd game in the series and this shyt is never mentioned.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
DMC2FrontCover.jpg

first game was revolutionary, if a bit dated today

third game is a stone cold classic

then in the middle you got this trash :hhh:
i dont get what made it trash. it wasnt as strong as the first and third, but it wasnt terrible

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Any of y’all ever played Street Fighter vs X Men?

The OG MvC :wow:

And I dunno, I liked Infinite :manny:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Cant find good comparison but the character models looks wack in 3, but it may just the style they chose

71cf23d666f778b4d3682c4d3f9ac521--deception-drake.jpg

Might just be the upgrade in graphics but that last guy doesn't look like the first 3
They weren’t gonna compete with GTA in their realm. There’s a reason nobody else tries. It’s a level of effort along the lines of starting a YouTube competitor
They didn't have to compete they had their own fanbase and could've built on what they had and made their money. Instead they decided to change the whole formula and lose everyone.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Might just be the upgrade in graphics but that last guy doesn't look like the first 3

They didn't have to compete they had their own fanbase and could've built on what they had and made their money. Instead they decided to change the whole formula and lose everyone.
I remember when I copped 3 first, I decided to cop 2 to have an idea what’s going on. It instantly became my GOAT game so I was looking forward to 3 especially after hearing 1 was the same as 2.

Within the first 30 min of playing SR3 I was on :dwillhuh:

It’s insane to me how they dropped the ball like that and all but destroyed the franchise. And even after hearing fans disappointment with 3, rather than go back to the gangsta shyt, they decide to make you a superhero and President. :gucci:

If they just made it how fans wanted and dropped every 2-3 years we would already have 7 or 8 in the series, most being fire ass games with 3 being the only dud. And even that prolly woulda been forgiven if they made it right with 4 and beyond.

It was like 9 years between 4 and the last one mainly because they almost purposely made fans lose hope in the series because they thought that corny ass humor of 3 and 4 was funnier than it was :snoop:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I remember when I copped 3 first, I decided to cop 2 to have an idea what’s going on. It instantly became my GOAT game so I was looking forward to 3 especially after hearing 1 was the same as 2.

Within the first 30 min of playing SR3 I was on :dwillhuh:

It’s insane to me how they dropped the ball like that and all but destroyed the franchise. And even after hearing fans disappointment with 3, rather than go back to the gangsta shyt, they decide to make you a superhero and President. :gucci:

If they just made it how fans wanted and dropped every 2-3 years we would already have 7 or 8 in the series, most being fire ass games with 3 being the only dud. And even that prolly woulda been forgiven if they made it right with 4 and beyond.

It was like 9 years between 4 and the last one mainly because they almost purposely made fans lose hope in the series because they thought that corny ass humor of 3 and 4 was funnier than it was :snoop:

I liked the third one. 4 was some cheeks though idk how they managed to fukk up that badly.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I liked the third one. 4 was some cheeks though idk how they managed to fukk up that badly.
3 wasn’t a terrible game it was just a terrible follow up to Saints Row 2

If it were called something else it woulda been a decent game

Them going in that direction and refusing to listen to what the fans want is what led to SR4

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Uncharted 3 was dope, it was just missing boss battles, it was definitely better than 4
the sinking ship might be my favorite set piece out of the whole franchise