Games where the sequel or threequel ruined an otherwise fantastic series.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
UC3 ruining the Uncharted franchise is a wild hot take. Yeah MP was trash but story was still great. Just wasnt as fluid as UC2 (i.e. the whole pirate segment).

Way better and more obvious picks here like Killzone 3 (story wise) / Shadow Fall (entire game) or MGSV.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I thought 3 was pretty dope, its the one where you start in the train thats falling off the cliff and you gotta climb up it before it falls. It’s also the one with the iconic plane scene from the movies where you fall out the plane with the crate into the desert

I think it introduced the situational fighting into the game also. Where you grab people and pin them against a wall or bar and throw them over stuff
Pretty sure this was 2 breh

3 starts with you as a kid I believe

And 3 was fire imo

Saints Row 3 and 4 ruined what could have been the GOAT franchise. SR2 was a new and improved San Andreas. It shoulda just stayed on some gangsta shyt, eventually adding more gangs and continuing the story.

They coulda did another game with all that silly superhero and movie star shyt. That was the most :gucci: change in direction in gaming history. Sad part is they had a chance to make it right with 4 and just got even more :dwillhuh:

Surprisingly I liked Agents Of Mayhem tho.

Last edited:
Daps
Mass Effect 3. :martin:

Good game, great even in some places but that ending... Ruined the entire franchise. By far my biggest dissapointment in a videogame ever.

We'll see how Bioware handle Mass Effect 4 but I've lost faith in them a long time ago considering all the subpar(on the writing front) shyt they've released since.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Pretty sure this was 2 breh

3 starts with you as a kid I believe

Ok, thats the one where you’re being chased on the rooftops. I guess i know what game im playing next

Mass Effect 3. :martin:

Good game, great even in some places but that ending... Ruined the entire franchise. By far my biggest dissapointment in a videogame ever.

We'll see how Bioware handle Mass Effect 4 but I've lost faith in them a long time ago considering all the subpar(on the writing front) shyt they've released since.

I thought 3 had the best gameplay, and i didn’t really mind the story. Its andromeda that fukked it up for me, but its pretty easy to erase its existence since it takes place hundreds of years in the future

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not the Naughty Dog game I expected to see opening this thread :mjlol: mf’s finally getting some sense?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saints Row

They could've been a legit GTA competitor, but they went to wild and started added stupid shyt like super powers, aliens, the gang is now a corporation :what:, etc.

They weren’t gonna compete with GTA in their realm. There’s a reason nobody else tries. It’s a level of effort along the lines of starting a YouTube competitor

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
marvel vs capcom 3
dmc 2
dark souls 2
marvel ultimate alliance 3
MUA3 was dope, only wack thing was it being a Switch exclusive

They weren’t gonna compete with GTA in their realm. There’s a reason nobody else tries. It’s a level of effort along the lines of starting a YouTube competitor
Nah it was a legit competitor until SR3. They coulda even did the same shyt GTA Online did if they stayed the course. Not saying it woulda made as much money but it woulda been successful. It was a popular franchise that jumped the shark when they went off course and it just kept getting worse.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
DMC2FrontCover.jpg

first game was revolutionary, if a bit dated today

third game is a stone cold classic

then in the middle you got this trash :hhh:
I didn't even play 3 until well after the fact because this joint was just that bad :scust:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't remember this. I remember the game not being as good as two but graphically it was just as good and even better in some areas. Can you post screens of areas of the game that were graphically inferior to Uncharted 2.
I replayed the series recently and the 3rd game was graphically on par with the second game, it also had better shooting mechanics. The problem is that the story and the villains were forgettable as hell.