Games where the sequel or threequel ruined an otherwise fantastic series.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MUA3 was dope, only wack thing was it being a Switch exclusive

Nah it was a legit competitor until SR3. They coulda even did the same shyt GTA Online did if they stayed the course. Not saying it woulda made as much money but it woulda been successful. It was a popular franchise that jumped the shark when they went off course and it just kept getting worse.
It was successful but they were still an offshoot. 2 is what I hear a lotta ppl put up as arguably the best, and it came out same yr as GTA4. 4 set media (not just game) records like 5 did. It did 2s numbers on the literal first day.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't remember this. I remember the game not being as good as two but graphically it was just as good and even better in some areas. Can you post screens of areas of the game that were graphically inferior to Uncharted 2.
I should've clarified, the multiplayer had downgraded graphics.
Chloe-2-1024x457.jpg

Elena.jpg
Zoran.jpg
Zoran-3.jpg
Chloe-3-1024x492.jpg

Left is Uncharted 2 and right is 3 in MP.

Also animations were downgraded, and enemies would barely react to getting shot in the campaign/MP

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Arkham Knight was an underwhelming end to that trilogy
I wouldn’t say it ruined the trilogy/quadrilogy. It was still an objectively very good game, that went in a little shaky direction. It was my least favorite, but I think it’s technically the best game

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
It was successful but they were still an offshoot. 2 is what I hear a lotta ppl put up as arguably the best, and it came out same yr as GTA4. 4 set media (not just game) records like 5 did. It did 2s numbers on the literal first day.
GTA 4 (and it’s side stories) was my shyt but it was not fukkin with SR2. The reason it sold so much more was because by then GTA made such a strong name for itself while Saints Row was still relatively unknown especially since the first one was only available on X Box.

Hell, SR2 is my all time GOAT game and I didn’t even know bout it till 3 was coming out(2011). I wanted to cop 3 and decided to cop 2 first so I can understand what’s going on. After beating 2 I was hyped about 3 and ended up :dwillhuh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
UC3 ruining the Uncharted franchise is a wild hot take. Yeah MP was trash but story was still great. Just wasnt as fluid as UC2 (i.e. the whole pirate segment).

Way better and more obvious picks here like Killzone 3 (story wise) / Shadow Fall (entire game) or MGSV.
I wouldn't say it ruined it but it didn't live up to expectations overall. They(ND) admitted it was rushed because they wanted to meet the launch date and the MP was a step back in some regards. The MP was more complete than UC4 though. UC3 had coop and PVP whilst UC4 removed the coop adventure mode and came out with survival later.

This shyt was fun though lol.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The reason it sold so much more was because by then GTA made such a strong name for itself
That’s the YouTube comparison bro bro. There’s no shame in it but they were playing MJ in the 90s. SR3 is still playing with 5 mill units sold, and it was known and highly rated. Inertia is a bytch

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Far Cry 5. The game just completely burned me out on the series going forward, and nothing I've seen from the two releases since.

Every Saint Row game after 2. Every. Single. One. Even the spinoff, Agents of Mayhem. And especially the one that just came out. I caught a sale on it, played it for a couple of hours, and haven't picked it back up in about a month and a half. shyt plays like it came out of 2007.
All the ghost recon games after graw: 2

Watch Dogs 3

You don't fukk with Wildlands? It's not what I'd call a traditionally good game, but it's great as essentially an unintentional comedy.

Spot on about Watch Dogs Legion, though. That was utter dogshyt.

BurstWicks

All Star
Daps
71YjdrLM2uL.jpg

at this point ive beaten doom1/2 thousands of times but i beat this shyt once and never played it again:unimpressed: