Games where the sequel or threequel ruined an otherwise fantastic series.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Fallout 3 imo. It just lacked the soul and charm of the original two. Luckily New Vegas returned us to its former glory.
thats crazy i keep seeing ppl say this. that tells me i played the first 2 too late.
i found them a chore but im completely in love with 3

same with ppl calling planescape torment the greatest rpg ever made. here i am playing in 2010 like...i dont get it

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I’ll respond with series that had a release and the series was never able to restore the feeling after it:

Gears of War Judgement and 4
Every Halo after 3
Battlefield really lost its way after 4
Last time Sonic mattered IMO was Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast

I think every series has a week link here and there. It’s interesting to see series that fumbled and never quite picked the ball back up.

KingTxo

Where Truth Comes To Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida
No ones gonna mention dead space 3?

DS 1 is a goat level horror game

DS 2 wasn't as good as the first but still really really good with improved graphics, controls and designs. As well as adding more depth to the story.

DS 3 was just a action game that although not "horrible" was not anywhere near the levels of 1 and 2.

DS1 :ohlawd: :wow:

DS2:whew::ehh:

DS3 :hhh::why::mjtf::childplease::wtf:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Assassin's Creed 3 Jesus fukkING Christ that ending ruined everything so blatant they wanted to milk the series instead of going out on a high note and then left the story on a cliffhanger to milk the entire series til this very fukking day with NO END!!!:what: then what was the point of the game in the first place???!

savagek

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats crazy i keep seeing ppl say this. that tells me i played the first 2 too late.
i found them a chore but im completely in love with 3

same with ppl calling planescape torment the greatest rpg ever made. here i am playing in 2010 like...i dont get it
That's wild. I actually just replayed torment for the first time in like 20 years on my tablet. I gotta say it hit me way harder as an adult then it did originally and I really enjoyed it as a kid.

If you haven't played New Vegas, I highly recommend it. Imo it has some of the best writing/story that I've seen in any rpg.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
DMC2FrontCover.jpg

first game was revolutionary, if a bit dated today

third game is a stone cold classic

then in the middle you got this trash :hhh:
FACCCTTTTTSSSSSS

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Problem with UC3 and 4 is there is just nowhere to go. The spectacle peaked with 2. 3 and 4 basically just more of the same but the graphics a little bit better. The leap from 1 to 2 was huge in just about every area. 3 and 4 just have some tweaks to the formula.

Four suffered from the lack of mystical element lack of puzzles, and way too much Sam. Who gives a fukk about a character we just got introduced to and never heard about?

They replaced all the puzzles with sliding on rocks to show off their physics engine :unimpressed: