Gamers really don't understand how the videogame industry work

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love how yall in here talking what's not sustainable when netflix is has spent anywhere from 1 million to 30 million a episode on some of their most popular original shows while accounts have been shared across the globe and for a long time at a lower price point that gamepass.

But MS is investing in gamepass is a unsustainable venture :mjlol:

Meanwhile.

Netflix
Adobe
Amazon
Apple
Google
NBC
And tons of random food subscription services exist

Even walmart and HP printers have a sub service now :dead:

Most of which all give you something "free" upfront or just full access to something that you would normally pay full price for out the gate.

But somehow MS one of the richest companies involved in the sub service has made a grave mistake with gamepass because of day and date games being on gamepass :mjlol:

Will gamepass change up? Yes, but for the time being it's fine and sustainable. However they won't continue to spend money where they can save it or make improvements.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I love how yall in here talking what's not sustainable when netflix is has spent anywhere from 1 million to 30 million a episode on some of their most popular original shows while accounts have been shared across the globe and for a long time at a lower price point that gamepass.

But MS is investing in gamepass is a unsustainable venture :mjlol:

Meanwhile.

Netflix
Adobe
Amazon
Apple
Google
NBC
And tons of random food subscription services exist

Even walmart and HP printers have a sub service now :dead:

Most of which all give you something "free" upfront or just full access to something that you would normally pay full price for out the gate.

But somehow MS one of the richest companies involved in the sub service has made a grave mistake with gamepass because of day and date games being on gamepass :mjlol:

Will gamepass change up? Yes, but for the time being it's fine and sustainable. However they won't continue to spend money where they can save it or make improvements.
This ties into my previous post;

Yes there are a 1000 subsciption services, but as of now how many are experiencing large amounts of growth without content issues.

I'd say Adobe and Amazon (maybe netflix since it's been around for awhile) from the list you posted. Rest are going through growing pains

How many of these will exist in 5 years in their current form?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Yes there are a 1000 subsciption services, but as of now how many are experiencing large amounts of growth without content issues.

I'd say Adobe and Amazon (maybe netflix since it's been around for awhile) from the list you posted. Rest are going through growing pains

Amazons subscription is tied to so many things outside of streaming and Adobe/Creative Suite pretty much have a monopoly on graphic/editing programs

Its easy to see why it works for those companies.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
As long as the core business makes as much money as it does shareholders won’t care. Tech giants have divisions that lose money. Because they make so much money nobody really cares. Now if Microsoft’s growth with Azure and the like stalls out yeah people are gonna care.
True, but there’s limits. Sony loses money on its image sensors. But it’s an okay loss because they will end up using them in their cameras and other products anyway. That loss is helping sales elsewhere. If Game Pass isn’t helping sales, someone is going to eventually say what is going on.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
True, but there’s limits. Sony loses money on its image sensors. But it’s an okay loss because they will end up using them in their cameras and other products anyway. That loss is helping sales elsewhere. If Game Pass isn’t helping sales, someone is going to eventually say what is going on.
Why would gamepass need to help increase sales when gamepass is the product being sold?

:dahell:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Getting a early start is a key factor in helping with success.

Gamepass actually offers things other subscriptions that include game access do not.

There is a reason to have game pass over all the rest currently and there always be until other change there mind and catch up

And major growth isn't a key to success with sub services. Retention and slow growth on a macro level is the name of the game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As long as the current CEO desires it this will continue. When he decides it’s over then yeah. I think he has a clear understanding of this taking a while to turn around. He turned Microsoft into one of the most valuable companies in the world so he’s earned this leeway.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You mean like their Zune division?
You mean like their entire phone division?
Xbox has existed for 21 years. How long did either of those divisions last? We’re either of those approaching 10% on the entire company’s revenue? Are we really comparing Zune to Xbox as if they were ever on the same level at Microsoft?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You mean like their entire phone division?
:heh:

Phone market cap world wide

image-81.jpg

:mjlol:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Xbox has existed for 21 years. How long did either of those divisions last? We’re either of those approaching 10% on the entire company’s revenue? Are we really comparing Zune to Xbox as if they were ever on the same level at Microsoft?
I’m just pointing out that MS has had trash ass divisions in the past.
:yeshrug:

And although their mobile division didn’t take off, they had put a ton of resources/acquisitions into it. Hell, it was supposed to be where Android is now. But they miscalculated and put out shytty products…similar to GP.

Anyway, the main point is that MS isn’t some charity that will give endlessly to shytty divisions.