Gamepass price finally about to go up?!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Pretty much what most people said, microsoft painted themselves into a corner earlier with the day one game thing before they bought all those studios and publishers and now they’re trying to slowly walk it back and make it increasingly expensive to partake in. They’re losing too much money on it now that they have to spend 100’s of millions on their own games and marketing

The original buy in price to day one games on gamepass was 9.99, now its 19.99

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Buying their console and charging $15 a month and not getting day 1 games makes no sense and is bullshyt
What do you get with that tier if the games is not day 1... how long do you have to wait to play the just released games???:what:

Word, makes no sense

Last edited:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I bought 3 years of Gold, converted it to GPU for $1, enjoyed the ride, switched back to Core in June.

I think most Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will eat the raised price like the streaming subscribers have (Netflix gave everyone to raising their subscription prices)..but growth for Ultimate and Standard will definitely be slow.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Increasing the price for the Series S and Series X makes no sense and is bullshyt

captain-america-i-can-do-this-all-day-zqztf3szj41gkkdv.gif

Xbox is titanic status

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This shows how naive xbox stans are. Not being able to sell hardware is a major reason why the cost for gamepass is going to continue to go up. They can’t grow the console subscription base so they gotta increase cost to earn more revenue since expansion of subscribers is out of the question. Thats why pc isn’t getting a large price increase and why ultimate is still only 12 bucks on it, because they are still trying to grow subscribers there.

Microsoft gave up on console a while ago. So now they are just going to continue to milk people like @The Mad Titan because they know he will pay over 25 dollars a month for it.

You’re never gonna be able to dodge around the idea of selling hardware and selling games on your platforms. They will find a way to get that money no matter what. Gamepass is one year away from being the same price as Netflix Premium (if it last another year)

Microsoft will continue to treat its few loyal console users as ATM’s for their pc and streaming audience push

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
people grandfathered into the Console tier will loose access if they turn off auto-renewal

If at any time you turn off your automatic payment renewal and your membership lapses, you will no longer have access to Game Pass for Console and will need to join one of the other plans we offer for Game Pass.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
This is what i would have done with game pass

Games like Halo, gears and Forza. Hell any game with both a single player and multiplayer features. I would put the single player portion in game pass day one and if u want the rest of the game pay $30 or wait. And if u want the games thats are only multi or or single player just pay $30 for day 1 access.

Idk how feasible this is, but this is what i would do if this gameAss shyt is the move from the company

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Console sales stalling is def the cause of this because console gamers most likely represent 80% of gamepass sub, and they've plateaued in sales. They can't raise the price of pc gamepass that much because still in the growth stage and competition wise they could just use other storefronts and services.

Also, we've reached a point where you can't trust anything xbox execs say because I believe it was Bond that said "no price increase or special tier for COD" . Now here we are.

Phil's gamepass experiment failed because it relied on them selling 60million+ consoles and that ain't going to happen. I am just wondering when they're going full multiplatform because I feel by the start of next gen that will be a thing