Gamepass price finally about to go up?!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is what i would have done with game pass

Games like Halo, gears and Forza. Hell any game with both a single player and multiplayer features. I would put the single player portion in game pass day one and if u want the rest of the game pay $30 or wait. And if u want the games thats are only multi or or single player just pay $30 for day 1 access.

Idk how feasible this is, but this is what i would do if this gameAss shyt is the move from the company

Whew…it sounds like an unsustainable mess either way you slice it. What a pickle phil has gotten MS into :whew:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Console sales stalling is def the cause of this because console gamers most likely represent 80% of gamepass sub, and they've plateaued in sales. They can't raise the price of pc gamepass that much because still in the growth stage and competition wise they could just use other storefronts and services.

Also, we've reached a point where you can't trust anything xbox execs say because I believe it was Bond that said "no price increase or special tier for COD" . Now here we are.

Phil's gamepass experiment failed because it relied on them selling 60million+ consoles and that ain't going to happen. I am just wondering when they're going full multiplatform because I feel by the start of next gen that will be a thing

Dumbest thing he did was putting new AAA games on GP Day one. What a fukkin moron. Granted, the only AAA games he had was Halo, Gears, and Forza but once you open Pandora's Box by doing so, you create unrealistic expectations by your base that they will get this with ALL games.

Shortsighted as fukk. But hey, he's gotten multiple raises and promotions since then so why care when you still fail up :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Is there anyone that was out here paying 10.99 for gamepass without online multiplayer functionality and no EA membership instead of 16.99 for everything..?

:patrice:

I'd think so. If not, they would've cancelled it.

They got people paying for Gamepass Console and Subbing to Core for multiplayer too. There are many out there doing this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

They got people paying for Gamepass Console and Subbing to Core for multiplayer too. There are many out there doing this.

Thats what i used on xbox. If you have multiple consoles you just want to dip in and play the occasional single player game on it. If you’re paying for ps plus and xbox gamepass….jeez

talk about throwing money away

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
So much bending of the truth and flexing from these Xbots for their :russell:box , it would make Simone Biles jealous :laff: . Have some got damn principles and values people! MS doing yall dirty.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Dumbest thing he did was putting new AAA games on GP Day one. What a fukkin moron. Granted, the only AAA games he had was Halo, Gears, and Forza but once you open Pandora's Box by doing so, you create unrealistic expectations by your base that they will get this with ALL games.

Shortsighted as fukk. But hey, he's gotten multiple raises and promotions since then so why care when you still fail up :yeshrug:
Marketing for it worked because they didn't have the output, but once they bought studios they put themselves in a bind. They possibly could've gotten away with it if they stopped at Bethesda. However, once you buy Activision everything changes. I think if they set proper expectations of the tiers like they're going to have, then the gamble might've worked. They should've always had day ones on highest tier and other level gets staggered releases . They went with loss leader approach and gamble failed due to console growth stalling.

Gamepass in theory mainly works if you have 50million subs on the highest tier which equals around $10billion in revenue/year . Then you have to hope it makes them stay in ecosystem and do microtransactions on xbox store. If they had that many actual subs on highest tier then this gamble would've been amazing tbh, but that wasn't going to happen with the market rejecting xbox

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shows how naive xbox stans are. Not being able to sell hardware is a major reason why the cost for gamepass is going to continue to go up. They can’t grow the console subscription base so they gotta increase cost to earn more revenue since expansion of subscribers is out of the question. Thats why pc isn’t getting a large price increase and why ultimate is still only 12 bucks on it, because they are still trying to grow subscribers there.

Is the the same reason Sony doesn't release their 1st party games on PC day and date when they could, because they want to milk selling hardware? :jbhmm:

Why did PS+ go up? Was it for the same reason orrrrr?

Talk to me ducky

Microsoft gave up on console a while ago. So now they are just going to continue to milk people like @The Mad Titan because they know he will pay over 25 dollars a month for it.

No I get way and I mean WAY more than 20-30 dollar value a month out of gamepass.

You’re never gonna be able to dodge around the idea of selling hardware and selling games on your platforms. They will find a way to get that money no matter what. Gamepass is one year away from being the same price as Netflix Premium (if it last another year)

Microsoft will continue to treat its few loyal console users as ATM’s for their pc and streaming audience push
How much profit you think they making off selling console hardware? Let's be clear here CONSOLE hardware ceiling is but reached.

The funny thing is you are saying this and Sony themselves are saying the opposite, everyone is looking at other forms of revenue as everything about just selling console hardware is more expensive and less profitable.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I imagine that would mostly be people that stacked up Gamepass when 'Live' was still a thing

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And it hasn’t even been two months since she said that :dead:
She really signed up to be the punching bag. It sucks seeing a black person being set up like that, but Phil def is setting her up to be the punching bag and positioning himself to be a saint. It's why you'll notice you usually see her name in quotes whenever somebody brings up Microsoft contradicting themselves. I think they just need to rip the band-aid off and just tell the consumers what it is. They're obviously going third party and want to change gamepass. Just say it and let your consumers and potential consumers know whats up. The current messaging is helping nobody and even if they state it will be staggered releases. It's still better than the current mess they have where every game is questioned

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I imagine that would mostly be people that stacked up Gamepass when 'Live' was still a thing

Agreed, but The amount of those who stacked is grossly overstated. Internet ain't reality.

But so many loopholes got closed not only for stacking Gamepass, but PS+ too. When they have PS+ sales, I cannot add to my existing PS Essential Sub. It only gives me the option to upgrade now.t

edit: haven't tried to stack with a PS Essentials card option. But those don't go on sale like the ones digitally through PS Store

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Marketing for it worked because they didn't have the output, but once they bought studios they put themselves in a bind. They possibly could've gotten away with it if they stopped at Bethesda. However, once you buy Activision everything changes. I think if they set proper expectations of the tiers like they're going to have, then the gamble might've worked. They should've always had day ones on highest tier and other level gets staggered releases . They went with loss leader approach and gamble failed due to console growth stalling.

Gamepass in theory mainly works if you have 50million subs on the highest tier which equals around $10billion in revenue/year . Then you have to hope it makes them stay in ecosystem and do microtransactions on xbox store. If they had that many actual subs on highest tier then this gamble would've been amazing tbh, but that wasn't going to happen with the market rejecting xbox

Imagine how much it now cost them to develop and market just COD every year. Yeah, the game is huge and profitable but there’s a reason Bobby Kotick always sought after marketing and licensing deals for it. It’s because It cost a crazy amount of resources to put them out every year.

Now they have to do that with two other publishers, WOW, King, they got Blizzcon, Quakecon, etc. they are running through money.

Remember they didn’t just buy ABK to keep them profitable. They bought them as an investment to make them MORE profitable.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
She really signed up to be the punching bag. It sucks seeing a black person being set up like that, but Phil def is setting her up to be the punching bag and positioning himself to be a saint. It's why you'll notice you usually see her name in quotes whenever somebody brings up Microsoft contradicting themselves. I think they just need to rip the band-aid off and just tell the consumers what it is. They're obviously going third party and want to change gamepass. Just say it and let your consumers and potential consumers know whats up. The current messaging is helping nobody and even if they state it will be staggered releases. It's still better than the current mess they have where every game is questioned

Sleezeball shyt, you saw how for months he threw them out to the wolves after the studio closures awhile he hid up in MS tower. Then as soon as thy put out a showcase the fans like he came back out of hiding to get all the pats on the back. Now he’s disappearing again and letting sarah bond answer all the questions

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sleezeball shyt, you saw how for months he threw them out to the wolves after the studio closures awhile he hid up in MS tower. Then as soon as thy put out a showcase the fans like he came back out of hiding to get all the pats on the back. Now he’s disappearing again and letting sarah bond answer all the questions

She on that Steven from Django steez. Taking all the heat for Phil.

"I'LLZ HANDLES IT BAWSE!!!" :mjlol: