Gamepass price finally about to go up?!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bingo.

Now that they have a slate of their own games coming (particularly games with substantial single player components) they have raised the price of game pass everywhere.

Gamers that primarily game on Xbox hardware get it bad. For upcoming titles like Avowed, Indiana Jones, Black Ops 6 (SP), South of Midnight, Doom etc you were able to sub to Game pass for Console and enjoy all of those titles day 1. But now, you have to sub to the highest tier at what is almost double the price of what Game Pass for Console was.

I don't understand why informed gamers would main an Xbox console these days when Microsoft does not even pretend to act like they care about the Xbox console user base.

With the reality of this game pass price hike for console users and all titles day 1 on PC at lower prices, along with the recent confirmation that games from Microsoft owned entities from all of their studios (XGS - Sea of Thieves, Bethesda - Doom, Activision - CoD) will continue to go to other console platforms, I really don't see why anyone would main Xbox hardware.

If you’re maining an xbox console in 2024 you’re just straight up playin yourself at this point. How many different ways can microsoft tell you xbox consoles and their users are not their priority moving forward?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This thread has blown up, so let me inject some logic.

First off, Sony gamers would rather buy their games so any price increase is still a major discount compared to what they got going on :damn:

It's not a prediction, all prices go up eventually. A McDonald's extra value meal was $2.99 when I was a kid. I bet minimum wage will go up eventually. And internet speeds. I predict next year we'll have faster speeds!!! This is directed at the site, not you specifically canon...

Is that too expensive for you? :laff:

wait, you think game pass ultimate is 74.99 a year?

No wonder phil walking around laughing at y'all folks

• Xbox Game Pass Core (Xbox Live Gold multiplayer) gets an annual price increase to $74.99 from $59.99, but it will remain $9.99 per month.

:mjlol:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

How can anyone even argue this at this point? :yeshrug:

The only recourse they're going to have if the follow through with this in sept is:

either drop the price (won't happen)

heavily discount the xbox console

or release some console game pass exclusives (which spits in the face of the whole "play anywhere motto")

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got Octopath 1&2 (among other things) last month

Path of the Goddess, Flintlock and MW3(among other games) this month.

All this discussion really for nothing if we talking about a 3 dollar price increase

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You keep bringing up the PS side of it when most if not all of us have either had issues with the PS+ price hike, the confusing tiers of PS+, or the need to buy a PS5 pro.

This I told you so shyt doesn’t work when we’ve been saying the same thing for years now.

No, we told you, you’re just now in a position where you have to acknowledge we were correct.

:manny:

Y'all issue with the ps+ price rise was as simple as

"Oh this is wild, they trippin, not subbin"

Y'all issue with gamepass price rise

"This is why sub systems don't work, this is why Xbox will fail, told you sub systems aren't sustainable, Xbox stay lying, the tiers are so confusing, what about the consumers only want to sub on Mondays"

A laundry list of concerned trolling

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just got Octopath 1&2 (among other things) last month

Path of the Goddess, Flintlock and MW3(among other games) this month.

All this discussion really for nothing if we talking about a 3 dollar price increase

You used to be able to play all those games as of a month ago for 9.99. Now its 20 dollars, for some people its a major price increase and other territories got a bigger increase than the US

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You used to be able to play all those games as of a month ago for 9.99. Now its 20 dollars, for some people its a major price increase
It's the same price if you stay subbed, if you been cherry picking months then it cost you more.

If you want to lock in at 9.99 you better do it now :manny: