Gamepass price finally about to go up?!

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
sad-forever.gif
:mjlol:Xbox doesn’t cater to broke boys. Right Xbox bros…

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a fairly big deal. M$ was telling people less than a year ago that prices would not go up with Activision. What changed between then and now?

You seem to be one of the few who's handwaving this as "business as usual".

If you want to stick your head in the sand, cool. Don't get mad at us for reading between the lines.
A big deal to who? Outside of people who don't use game pass consistently and trying to get it for the lowest possible price here and there its not a big deal.

Y'all act like subscription service are something new "the plans are confusing" The plans are no more confusing than any other service for a produce you're interested in.

Y'all in here like "but they said" meanwhile PlayStation hasn't said anything but HAS raised the price on y'all in every area in a matter of 4 years from games, to hardware, to the sub service... And y'all still hyped to go out and buy a "pro" on top of that they haven't released a first party exclusive since October of last year. But hey gamepass is going up 3 bucks!

I was also one of the ones saying that the price was the price was going up regardless with confidence, and here we are... so if anyone's head wasn't in the sand it was mine.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
We’re in August, the 8th month of the year and Micrsoft has only released ONE first party title on their service this year. Let’s stop the cap lol

Yall got 5 hours of first party offerings this year on a service that cost 250 dollars
we need

STOP THE CAP

caps, shirts, flags, bumper stickers, memorabilia. Have Phil, Booty, Greenberg, and Wench's face on em. XBots will buy em in droves. :mjlol:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
A big deal to who? Outside of people who don't use game pass consistently and trying to get it for the lowest possible price here and there its not a big deal.

Y'all act like subscription service are something new "the plans are confusing" The plans are no more confusing than any other service for a produce you're interested in.

Y'all in here like "but they said" meanwhile PlayStation hasn't said anything but HAS raised the price on y'all in every area in a matter of 4 years from games, to hardware, to the sub service... And y'all still hyped to go out and buy a "pro" on top of that they haven't released a first party exclusive since October of last year. But hey gamepass is going up 3 bucks!

I was also one of the ones saying that the price was the price was going up regardless with confidence, and here we are... so if anyone's head wasn't in the sand it was mine.
You keep bringing up the PS side of it when most if not all of us have either had issues with the PS+ price hike, the confusing tiers of PS+, or the need to buy a PS5 pro.

This I told you so shyt doesn’t work when we’ve been saying the same thing for years now.

No, we told you, you’re just now in a position where you have to acknowledge we were correct.

:manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No, we told you, you’re just now in a position where you have to acknowledge we were correct.

:manny:
they'll never do that and hold their L.

Doesn't take a genius to see that a AAA budget big game being on a sub service day 1 is smart.

How some of these people that run shyt at these corporations get their jobs is hilarious. Phil worse than Mattrick.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
thing with gamepass is they have enough ways for you to build up points to get free months. if you're not taking advantage of it, i'd imagine it'd be annoying to see a hike, even if you expected it.

but, it's too easy to get points where it's hard to feel sorry for anyone. if they change those features, yeah then i'm pissed because they're just taking your money and not rewarding you for using their service

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
thing with gamepass is they have enough ways for you to build up points to get free months. if you're not taking advantage of it, i'd imagine it'd be annoying to see a hike, even if you expected it.

but, it's too easy to get points where it's hard to feel sorry for anyone. if they change those features, yeah then i'm pissed because they're just taking your money and not rewarding you for using their service
Im not saying it’s a bad deal, if you play 2-3 different games a month, it’s a good value. These are people already subscribed to gamepass.

What i’m alluding to is that this is essentially them throwing in the towel on growth. They aren’t attracting new customers with the price hike, and CoD isn’t going to do much cause most of those players play 2-3 games a year.

These companies are focused on growth, and outside of simply charging more, there doesn’t seem to be many avenues for that growth they need

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We’re in August, the 8th month of the year and Micrsoft has only released ONE first party title on their service this year. Let’s stop the cap lol

Yall got 5 hours of first party offerings this year on a service that cost 250 dollars

Bingo.

Now that they have a slate of their own games coming (particularly games with substantial single player components) they have raised the price of game pass everywhere.

Gamers that primarily game on Xbox hardware get it bad. For upcoming titles like Avowed, Indiana Jones, Black Ops 6 (SP), South of Midnight, Doom etc you were able to sub to Game pass for Console and enjoy all of those titles day 1. But now, you have to sub to the highest tier at what is almost double the price of what Game Pass for Console was.

I don't understand why informed gamers would main an Xbox console these days when Microsoft does not even pretend to act like they care about the Xbox console user base.

With the reality of this game pass price hike for console users and all titles day 1 on PC at lower prices, along with the recent confirmation that games from Microsoft owned entities from all of their studios (XGS - Sea of Thieves, Bethesda - Doom, Activision - CoD) will continue to go to other console platforms, I really don't see why anyone would main Xbox hardware.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This thread has blown up, so let me inject some logic.

First off, Sony gamers would rather buy their games so any price increase is still a major discount compared to what they got going on :damn:
As everyone predicted :manny:
It's not a prediction, all prices go up eventually. A McDonald's extra value meal was $2.99 when I was a kid. I bet minimum wage will go up eventually. And internet speeds. I predict next year we'll have faster speeds!!! This is directed at the site, not you specifically canon...

[Windows Central] Xbox Game Pass is getting MAJOR changes, with a new tier without day one games, and a range of price increases

• Soon, Xbox Game Pass for console will be shuttered for new users only. Those already using Game Pass console with existing subscriptions will not be required to cancel.
  • Users currently on Xbox Game Pass for console will be allowed to maintain their subscription, as well as day one games.
  • New users on Xbox Game Pass in the near future will be greeted by a new Xbox Game Pass "Standard." This is more like EA Access, which includes Xbox's back catalogue, and doesn't include day one games. This will be priced at $14.99 per month, and will also include Xbox Live Gold for multiplayer (now known as Game Pass Core, confusingly). It doesn't include Xbox Cloud gaming. Game Pass Standard is launching in September.
  • Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will not be changed, but it will get a price increase. It will still include PC Game Pass, day one games, and hundreds of back catalogue titles, as well as cloud gaming. But, it is getting a price increase. The new price will be $19.99 per month, or $74.99 per year.
  • PC Game Pass is also getting a price increase, from $9.99 per month to $11.99.
  • Xbox Game Pass Core (Xbox Live Gold multiplayer) gets an annual price increase to $55.99 from $49.99, but it will remain $9.99 per month.
Is that too expensive for you? :laff:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Im not saying it’s a bad deal, if you play 2-3 different games a month, it’s a good value. These are people already subscribed to gamepass.

What i’m alluding to is that this is essentially them throwing in the towel on growth. They aren’t attracting new customers with the price hike, and CoD isn’t going to do much cause most of those players play 2-3 games a year.

These companies are focused on growth, and outside of simply charging more, there doesn’t seem to be many avenues for that growth they need
i feel you on that. the industry has been moving counterintuitively for quite some time. the bottom line has been money for the longest.