Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I'm a big believer in diversity in entertainment. Whenever a white person tries to make the BET vs WET (white entertainment television) I'm always quick to remind them that pretty much every channel on television is WET.

But this I can't ride with.

GRRM built the show on the back of the War of the Roses and the middle ages. Black people weren't floating around medieval Europe like that. The Moors were in some places. And if I remember correctly GRRM said that the Moors did influence him. So maybe we should hold off before we start calling the show racist.

Also slavery was prevalent in Africa since the Roman Empire days. We're talking 50AD and up. For hundreds of years. It was black people who sold black people into slavery. Just like on the show, the en-slavers look like the slaves.

Let's just give the show a little more time.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'm a big believer in diversity in entertainment. Whenever a white person tries to make the BET vs WET (white entertainment television) I'm always quick to remind them that pretty much every channel on television is WET.

GRRM built the show on the back of the War of the Roses and the middle ages. Black people weren't floating around medieval Europe like that. The Moors were in some places. And if I remember correctly GRRM said that the Moors did influence him. So maybe we should hold off before we start calling the show racist.

Also slavery was prevalent in Africa since the Roman Empire days. We're talking 50AD and up. For hundreds of years. It was black people who sold black people into slavery. Just like on the show, the en-slavers look like the slaves.

:to: That my motherland, not the actual cities tho (but the Reds and Whites still have the undercurrant of beef/resentment with each other till this day). I remember studyin this back at school. :blessed:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Can u Spike lee lovin, Django Unchained hating, everyone is against blk get the fukk out this thread?

So glad that the show is over so i don't have to read this dumb shyt:snoop:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

I'm sorry....but black people sold captured enemies. You acting like the show reflects the pre colonial africa period is just :heh:

Second....NO ONE is calling the show racist. For the most part, we called THAT SCENE a "white savior" reflux we've seen over and over again in Hollywood.

Third.....GOT is fiction.

amazing how so many of you go out of your way to create negroes to push your flawed points. Who cares about your resume regarding what you tell whites. That doesn't qualify you to write bullshyt.

Some of you cats spend way too much time categorizing (spike lee loving?....Django hating? :mindblown: ) people for speaking on things that most of you haven't really retorted (you didn't even address the actual SCENE like most of us who disliked it have)

I hope you're not Nigerian.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'm sorry....but black people sold captured enemies. You acting like the show reflects the pre colonial africa period is just :heh:

Second....NO ONE is calling the show racist. For the most part, we called THAT SCENE a "white savior" reflux we've seen over and over again in Hollywood.

amazing how so many of you go out of your way to create negroes to push your flawed points. Who cares about your resume regarding what you tell whites. That doesn't qualify you to write bullshyt.

I hope you're not Nigerian.

:lolbron: :deadmanny:

I know why you said it, but I just wasnt expectin that at the end

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:snoop:

Im about to start posting spoilers if you nikkas dont drop this race shyt :beli:

I know yall mad cause #TargSet winning and all but ima need yall to stop hatin on the epic ending for the finale :smugbiden:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
regardless, it would be nice to get off this topic and start talking about the show again. plenty of thought out posts have got lost in this conversations shuffle.

:what: Nobody is stopping anyone from talking about anything. If you're not interested, keep scrolling...that's what I do when dudes are talking about the age of the actors and who they're dating shyt. We got 10 months before the new season, there's plenty of topics to cover before then.

And so far, we haven't diverted from the show. Namely been discussing that specific scene. Check all my past posts on this issue, they all reference scenes or characters from the show.

At the end of the day, Book readers have made it clear that there are at least a few more non-Caucasian characters in the series that are pivotal to the story. The show producers have chosen to ignore that and end the season with that controversial imagery (not to mention adding the Roots inspired torture scene in the same episode).

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Them wildlings are awfully close to the wall though :patrice:

Yeah but the White Walkers looked like they had a head start on Sam and the others yet we haven't seen them since season 2...:mindblown:

What are they waiting for exactly? The show needs to establish that in Season 4...

Daps

It's not just fiction, it's fantasy. It's not like it's Mad Men, where if they made it Sterling Cooper Shabazz it would've been :dwillhuh::wtf::mindblown::childplease:

They could've had a clan of blue people...a clan of half-stone faced people and the show wouldn't have missed a beat.

I don't care that GRRM didn't put a group of Black people in Pyke or have them sprinkled about Westeros in any noticeable fashion, but dudes acting like he couldn't do it...that's hilarious.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
i think the white savior thing comes more from white liberalism then some kkk racism, and i think of it as something that is corny and slightly amusing, i dont think of it as something that calls for boycotting or something like that, i think you can still enjoy the show

but the notion that we should ignore it is silly imo

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: Nobody is stopping anyone from talking about anything. If you're not interested, keep scrolling...that's what I do when dudes are talking about the age of the actors and who they're dating shyt. We got 10 months before the new season, there's plenty of topics to cover before then.

And so far, we haven't diverted from the show. Namely been discussing that specific scene. Check all my past posts on this issue, they all reference scenes or characters from the show.

At the end of the day, Book readers have made it clear that there are at least a few more non-Caucasian characters in the series that are pivotal to the story. The show producers have chosen to ignore that and end the season with that controversial imagery (not to mention adding the Roots inspired torture scene in the same episode).
how was that imagery controversial? :heh:

distasteful? ok, but controversial? :comeon:

the show producers have chosen to ignore what exactly? how do you know these characters arent being planned for next season?

and this topic has clearly taken this thread away from conversation about the plt, characters, etc. that cant be debated.