Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
First of all, flying in 1000 people was your idea, not mine. If you ask me they could flown in 15-20 extra people and multiplied them digitally like they do in EVERY OTHER MOVIE. But you asking for solutions to a problem that's already a done deal. The show already aired.

As for who coulda been cast as other than white, how about Lord Karstark. Hell even Davos or Sam or a Wildling or the creepy kids with Bran or even a random whore in Little Finger's brothel. Any of them characters brown or asian, story still dope...But nah...Westeros is segregated as fukk!

Even when we saw that black pirate Salaam Remi (or whatever the fukk his name is) they didn't even let that Nicca get past the shore of Westeros. Whites Only, lol.

It all ain't a big deal, the show is dope. But I can't ignore that low-key unnecessary stereotypes perpetuated. It's fantasy on another planet, why not diversify? It could only help, making the world fuller. The show is not a documentary on the Middle Ages. Would that really be unbelievable in a show that has white walkers, dragons, Lord of Lights resurrecting people, a dude that can multiply himself, three eyed crows, green fire and animal mind cotrollers?

That would have cost even more money...the reason they do that is for LOGISTICS..as in...its troublesome as fukk to fly hundreds of people out, feed them, costume them and the sort. Digital recreation is still expensive as fukk and remember this ISN'T a movie and the budget must be split between 10 episodes...

and in terms of the color of certain people, Westeros = Europe more or less, were there many black people in Europe in the dark/medieval ages? Nope. Secondly, the people in Essos are more diverse, but from descriptions in the book (yes im going there) everyone besides the Braavosi and people from another city called Norvos are pretty much dark, or brown...at least compared to Westerosi.

I wasn't really offended at all really i just really thought it just coulda been shot better. And truthfully look, most of the extras weren't even black they were Arab/Beber as someone said...

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
he was white in the books...they made him black probably to cover the racist bullshyt they did in the last episodes.

Most of these fantasy books don't have black people in them, like Lord of the Rings...

blacks were killed off in the hunger game books

finally we make an appearance and we're back to slaves...how the hell is the city full of black slaves and soldiers and literally a handful of whites running shyt.

A lot of these fantasy films be on that bullshyt but when you point it out, you're the angry black man. I never felt like upping the Harry Potter thread on here but I was disgusted when I learned that a background character in the first 5 HP movies that was played by a black actress.....all of a sudden was replaced with a white actress in the last 2 movies when her part became larger and the character started dating Ron (second lead character). Dark skin black girl for five movies, blonde haired white girl last 2 movies :snoop:

As far as GOT goes, there's fukkin dragons and zombies on this show lol. Having a black kingdom is more believable than 7 foot tall men who're undead and breathe ice :childplease: I dont get the argument against having black characters....Why not? ASOIAF is not just England :stopitslime: GRRM drew from a wide variety of real life civilizations and cultures creating his world.....Britain, Rome, Greece, Spain, Troy, the Mongols. Even the GOT map looks like Eurasia and North Africa.

Map_of_Ice_and_Fire.jpg

GRRM included a third African like continent in the book universe. It'll be mad disrespectful if Westeros and Essos has all these kings, queens and powerful cities while Sothoros is just some barren land nobody goes to :troll: You have all these Eurasian equivalent cities.....Dorne being Spain, Valryia....Rome, Qarth....Troy, Dothrak....Mongolia, the rest of Westeros....Great Britain. If you can have all that, you can make one of these places similar to Egypt, Carthage or Nubia :stopitslime: The story ain't done though....so we'll see what's hiding down in the unexplored areas of Sothoros and it better not be no bullshyt :ufdup:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
:heh: i can't understand how nikkas just sit around looking for racial undertones in everything

what's got you so bitter that you always lookin for somethin to be upset about :ld:

:ufdup: go make another thread and talk about that bs

:snoop:I read all the books and watched every episode and not once did I ever think about race.

:wtf:they got slaves of all races in asoiaf.

Zombi_Jeezus

Bad Hombre
Daps
Reppin
Wasted Talent
So how is Stannis going to March North? He still has to get past Bolton to get to the wall and Bolton and the rest of the north under his control won't be buying white walker stories. The only people in the realm who think white walkers are real are the nights watch and Stannis.

Stannis still has some of his fleet of ships left. I don't think all of them were destroyed by the (P)imp @ blackwater. Given the current state of the realm that might be the quickest way North.

Speaking of the Whitewalkers, I have a feeling Westeros is going to be proper fukked once the WW show up on the scene. Winter is coming and these fools are burning crops, slaughtering livestock, not bringing in the harvests etc. All of Westeros is going to have a hell of a winter trying not to starve to death thanks to a handful of lords playing their game of thrones.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I figured they were just trying to emphasize that dany was hemming up a foreign land full of foreign people.

but then again, I'm white so my opinion on this is useless :yeshrug:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo2f6LwXRj0[/ame]

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of these fantasy films be on that bullshyt but when you point it out, you're the angry black man. I never felt like upping the Harry Potter thread on here but I was disgusted when I learned that a background character in the first 5 HP movies that was played by a black actress.....all of a sudden was replaced with a white actress in the last 2 movies when her part became larger and the character started dating Ron (second lead character). Dark skin black girl for five movies, blonde haired white girl last 2 movies :snoop:

As far as GOT goes, there's fukkin dragons and zombies on this show lol. Having a black kingdom is more believable than 7 foot tall men who're undead and breathe ice :childplease: I dont get the argument against having black characters....Why not? ASOIAF is not just England :stopitslime: GRRM drew from a wide variety of real life civilizations and cultures creating his world.....Britain, Rome, Greece, Spain, Troy, the Mongols. Even the GOT map looks like Eurasia and North Africa.

Map_of_Ice_and_Fire.jpg

GRRM included a third African like continent in the book universe. It'll be mad disrespectful if Westeros and Essos has all these kings, queens and powerful cities while Sothoros is just some barren land nobody goes to :troll: You have all these Eurasian equivalent cities.....Dorne being Spain, Valryia....Rome, Qarth....Troy, Dothrak....Mongolia, the rest of Westeros....Great Britain. If you can have all that, you can make one of these places similar to Egypt, Carthage or Nubia :stopitslime: The story ain't done though....so we'll see what's hiding down in the unexplored areas of Sothoros and it better not be no bullshyt :ufdup:

...there are black kingdoms in ASOIAF retard. :dahell:

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Its cool to see Missandei on the show but she's basically still a slave bathing Khalessi and repeating her gibberish language occasionally.

Grey worm: Still basically a slave waiting for Khaleesi to give him permission to speak occasionally.

Didn't Khaleesi free both of these people and they vowed to fight for her? Didn't she give them the option to stay or leave, as free people? :mindblown:

The books were written the way the books were written. Why does it have to be such a big deal? :shaq2:

Grey Worm is starting to come up, and where the 3rd season left off is only half way thru the 3rd book... but since there are no dark skinned people sitting atop a throne, making it rain gold coins on white peasants its all racist...:rudy:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
In the books u never got the feeling of cism...in fact theres easily more black/dark skinned characters in Asoiaf than all other fantasy series :yeshrug:. But the last scene in the show was pretty corny the way they filmed it. Didnt seem too GoT like

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have a friend, his name is dave. His dad left his mom while she was pregnant with him, so I call him dave snow but since I live in the desert area, should it be dave desert, or dave sand? :lupe: