Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Ramsey Snow...any relation to John Snow ? :whoo:

Naw, he's Boltons b*stard.

b*stards of the North are given the last name Snow.

His only relation to Jon snow is that both their fathers were easy-on-hoes (How you gonna impregnate a bytch out of wedlock...and end up raising the child....:why:)

Of course, Jon Snow's actual parents are up for debate....

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Now, he's Boltons b*stard.

His only relation to Jon snow is that both their fathers were easy-on-hoes (How you gonna impregnate a bytch out of wedlock...and end up raising the child....:why:)

:ohlawd: GoT Maury Show :blessed:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
The Gold Cloaks are under the authority of the King, but they aren't sworn to him personally in the same way that the Kingsguard are. When push comes to shove, any individual Gold Cloak probably would do whatever served his own self-interest, which generally means they would side with whoever was more likely to win out. Since Tywin is rich, respected, just (relatively, compared to Joffrey) and probably able to command more loyalty from his men than Joff, who is out there getting his Caligula on and being hated by everone, if I'm a member of the City Watch it probably makes more sense for me to side with Tywin.

The Kingsguard are a little different, because that's a quasi-religious sacred duty to those of them who buy into that stuff, but even then there are only seven Kingsguard and not all of them are above putting their own interests above their "sacred duty", a la Jamie Lannister.
Plus their is a bunch of cowards in the Kingsguard.:heh:Tyrion and Bron made them backdown,but they gonna step to Tywin?:bryan:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Aight so the racist White Savior scene at the end of Game of Thrones is being talked about more than just here:

This site made mention of it:

"The messianic tint to Danaerys' brief appearance (in the finale) takes on a weirdly racist and pro-colonial overtone (look at those poor, dark savages and how much they love their blond savior!)"

And this site has a blog post about the whole show being kinda low-key racist.

"I know for a fact that I am not the only one who finds it mind-boggling that in a world of dragons, lords of light, smoke baby demons, and little girls with scales on half their faces, Hollywood can still only see people of color in the slave role.

Sure, I get that Daenerys is in a hotter climate than her winter-fearing would-be subjects, but this is a fantasy series. Surely, the people she’s dealing with could be blue, purple or yellow with maroon stripes and nobody would bat an eye. And even if the book describes a character in one way, we know damn well the show has strayed from that narrative. So no more excuses or ignoring the obvious.

Come on, casting agents. Don’t be accidental racists. You’re ruining an otherwise awesome show."

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these fantasy novels are based on northern european mythology, so somewhat reflective of the real world ofcourse, Kings Landing = London, Darker people from a hotter climate to the east/south obviously middle east/turkey/north africa...What's interesting though is how there are no white slaves in these regions, guess they don't want white people to find out where ''slavs'' got their name from :youngsabo:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
All these fantasy novels are based on northern european mythology, so somewhat reflective of the real world ofcourse, Kings Landing = London, Darker people from a hotter climate to the east/south obviously middle east/turkey/north africa...What's interesting though is how there are no white slaves in these regions, guess they don't want white people to find out where ''slavs'' got their name from :youngsabo:

You on about the Eastern Europeans?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I don't find anything particularly racist about GOT. I love the show....i just want to see one strong black kingdom. Westeros is Great Britain. Essos is Eurasia. Valyria is based on Rome and Pompeii. Braavos is based on Venice. I get a Troy vibe from Quarth. The Dothraki is like a combo of the Mongols and Native American tribes. If GRRM can cover all those cities and kingdoms, I don't see what's so hard about having a place equivalent to Egypt or Ethiopia. Not a big deal if he doesn't but it would be nice :yeshrug:

there are black people in the story they just got cut out the show cause the character representing them isnt important. his name is jalabhar xho and he is a exiled prince from the summer islands which is like deep south from valyria. they are described as having jet black skin and being amazing sailors and archers. the exiled prince has been in kings landing for years trying to convince robert to help him win back his kingdom in the summer islands but robert always tells him "next year next year".

maybe if they had made the summer islanders more important :manny: but they didnt so we stuck with mostly whites and middle eastern type of people and sallador saan which is a black pirate.

still, i dont care and nobody should. people should ignore the color and enjoy the story.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
there are black people in the story they just got cut out the show cause the character representing them isnt important. his name is jalabhar xho and he is a exiled prince from the summer islands which is like deep south from valyria. they are described as having jet black skin and being amazing sailors and archers. the exiled prince has been in kings landing for years trying to convince robert to help him win back his kingdom in the summer islands but robert always tells him "next year next year".

maybe if they had made the summer islanders more important :manny: but they didnt so we stuck with mostly whites and middle eastern type of people and sallador saan which is a black pirate.

still, i dont care and nobody should. people should ignore the color and enjoy the story.

I think we all enjoy the story. Everyone in here are avid watchers. We're just annoyed by that last white savior scene which transcends GOT.

There's nothing cute about ignoring the obvious.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
As a NON book reader, I still don't believe Ned Starks wack ass explanation about Jon Snow's birth

the honorable Ned Stark bedding another woman :aicmon:

Yup but who was he protecting tho, thats what has me :mindblown:

I've been saying he looks like fat rob since season one. I think ned just took him as a cover up/favor.

Nah, Jon aint one of King Bobs b*stards because thats nulls everything about Gendry. I do think Ned was covering for someone tho, but who?

WhyYouCry

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Naw, he's Boltons b*stard.

:birdman:

Now I know where i got my spoiler if in future episodes the parents (mother AND FATHER) is being debated.