Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Why? Because the are.

Why can Jaqen change his face at will? Because he can.

I don't need to know his genetics or study his DNA to roll with that, it is what it is...fiction. You're the one that needs racial homogeneity studies to accept Black folks ruling a Britain-like area. I find humor in that.

But the point of Westeros is that it's an insulated, insular society. They literally built a 700 foot high wall across their only border. Having it be racially diverse changes the whole dynamic of the place, does it not?

For instance, say there was a random house in The Reach which consisted of Black folks. Okay, so are these people accepted in wider Westerosi society? If so, that makes Westeros seem kind of tolerant of people being "different", right? So then the whole aspect of Dany's potential invasion with an army of "others" doesn't carry the same meaning.

Or what if they're not accepted by the rest of Westeros? Then how did they survive without being persecuted to extinction?

I can easily accept Black folks ruling a Britain-like area if that's what the story is. Surely you can accept a racially homogeneous bunch of white folks ruling a Britain-like area if that's the story, which it is in this case?

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
So you think some King's Guard would just refuse to follow the King's orders? Or do you just think the King would never give such orders?
Yes i do think they would refuse the order, you have Jamie back even if the order was given, he would have them killed, also Varys would find out about the plot before it went forth, Cersi and Joffery don't have a deft touch nor are they as smart as Littlefinger to get the job done without arousing suspicion.

Daps
The men that serve Joffrey are Lannister men, Tywin's men. Tywin has the power of the king, Joffrey is just king in name.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

So you do think the Kings guard would refuse to follow the King's orders. Nah, I gotta disagree with that.

Daps
Yes i do think they would refuse the order, you have Jamie back even if the order was given, he would have them killed, also Varys would find out about the plot before it went forth, Cersi and Joffery don't have a deft touch nor are they as smart as Littlefinger to get the job done without arousing suspicion.

If you're a member of the Kings guard and refuse to follow that Kings orders, you'd best stab that king in the back.

Edit: and lmao @ you bringing up Littlefinger out of nowhere. :dead:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Im not tripping on the rave thing cause i kno GRRM aint like Tolkein. At least he acknoledges people of color being around. Look at it this way, how many black people would u have seen in england in 1400ad? Just curious. He took a rather authentic Darwin approach when dictating where people come from. We all know prior to great transportation that black people werent north I.E. russia, Norway, Greenland, Canada etc. Dark people originate from equatorial like places. Look at India, Afghanistan, Fiji. If any people should be crying it should be the Asians. All that water, islands and fish eating people and theres no asians...lol. My point is, is that i actually respect GRRMs attention to every detail

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I did find it interesting they chose the word "meesah" for Danerys when it sounds so close to the word "massah".

:mjpls:

When I saw her walking into the people like that the first thing I thought about was the story of Jesus. Like Jesus she was driven away from her home because there was a good chance she'd be murdered. And then I remembered her walking into the fire and waking up naked and metaphorically reborn.

Definitely some parallels. Doesn't necessarily have to be Jesus...it could be any one of the dozen Messiah stories out there from the different cultures and religions. They all have similar points.

It's almost like Dany is becoming some type of myth or legend in Westeros. The stories of her and her dragons and freeing slaves making it back and having people doubt them.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
So you think some King's Guard would just refuse to follow the King's orders? Or do you just think the King would never give such orders?

Both but mainly no kings guard would dare to attempt to kill Tywin. Don't forget he has the gold cloaks there ready to kill even the king on his command let alone his own army...

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
If you're a member of the Kings guard and refuse to follow that Kings orders, you'd best stab that king in the back.

Edit: and lmao @ you bringing up Littlefinger out of nowhere. :dead:
They will not do any such thing, Jamie is back and he is the leader of the Kings Guard, and i mentioned LF because he is devious, do you think Joffery or Cersi can plan a hit like and Varys?:sitdown:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I don't really give a fukk about their races (tho the white savior scene will ALWAYS cause me to pause in American entertainment), I just find it hilarious that in a world with dragons, zombies, wargs, wildfire, multi-year summers and winters, resurrections, face changers, etc.people are acting like a clan of black folks hailing from a place that looks like Great Britain would be too unbelievable. :deadmanny:

Well, there is a land mass in Game of Thrones that is supposed to represent Africa....(Sothoryos)....problem is GRRM hasn't said too much about what's down there and from the little I've read about it, it seems like it's indigenous tribes down there instead of kingdoms :snoop: I would've expected him to create a place like Ancient Egypt, Ethiopia/Nubia or Mali. Like I said, not much is known about that 3rd continent so it might come into play later on and hopefully it's some BlackExcellence :myman: instead of some naked tribal nikkas running around :snoop:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
LOL@ idiots in here talking about race. First nikkas complained that there aint enough black folks on TV and now they complain when they see them. There is no implement of racism in this show at all. And if there was,would u be surprised? look at the time period. What makes u think black folks had equality back then? Even so, GRRM hasnt portrayed any such thing.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Well, there is a land mass in Game of Thrones that is supposed to represent Africa....(Sothoryos)....problem is GRRM hasn't said too much about what's down there and from the little I've read about it, it seems like it's indigenous tribes down there instead of kingdoms :snoop: I would've expected him to create a place like Ancient Egypt, Ethiopia/Nubia or Mali. Like I said, not much is known about that 3rd continent so it might come into play later on and hopefully it's some BlackExcellence :myman: instead of some naked tribal nikkas running around :snoop:

We need some people that represent the Moors. Who kicked ass in Europe throughout history. Spain, Italy, Portugal and a few other places can thank them for their olive complexions.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
LOL@ idiots in here talking about race. First nikkas complained that there aint enough black folks on TV and now they complain when they see them. There is no implement of racism in this show at all. And if there was,would u be surprised? look at the time period. What makes u think black folks had equality back then? Even so, GRRM hasnt portrayed any such thing.

In the books Dany and her family are described as pale, white hair, purple eyes. They were ceremoniously slaughtered and driven from their land by regular ol' white looking people.

Imagine if Dany and her family were of dark complexion, black hair, brown eyes? nikkas would be yelling racism from the top of mountains :heh: there is no winning.