Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That dosent any at sense. Jaquan has better shyt to than come back for Arya. He owes nothing to her. The only reason he helped her out was because he took 3 deaths from his god. So gave her 3 deaths in exchange for 3 lives.

She used up all her names

:ehh: okay, I thought she had a list with the Hound, Tywin and Joffrey on it. Thats different from her deal with Jaqen?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
None of that explains why all the brown people have been Slaves, Savages or Villains...

Okay, I'll give you that in order for it to coincide with Human evolution on Earth, people of color wouldn't be in northern climates...But even the brown people in the warm climates have all ended up as slaves, savages or villains defeated by or eventually worshiping a blonde white woman. :manny:

Jesus Mary and Joseph nikka. Get off your soapbox real quick.

#1 you haven't seen white slaves on this show in westeros?
#2 you haven't seen white savages (everything from murderers to rapist) in Westeros?
#3 the only villains in the entire show are black?

The fukk are you talking about? OF COURSE in Daenerys storyline, the people she's going to interact with will be brown skinned. THATS THE POINT OF EMPHASIZING GEOGRAPHY. The Khal were influenced and inspired by the Mongols (GEOGRAPHICAL AND HISTORICAL CONTEXT). In the city Khaleesi conquered to get her unsullied, the slave who was dieing that she spoke to was white. Jora was banned to Essos because of being a slave trader! 100:1 odds he wasn't selling brown slaves in Westeros.

Like what is up with this faux racial outrage. We just saw an entire torture scene where a dude got his penis cut off and sent to his father. A king was delighted to be able to serve a person their mothers head. Another king was getting ready to burn a boy alive. An animals head was cut off and placed on top of a man's body to mock his family. None of them were black.

After going through the past 10 pages, I know my replies make me sound like a pretentious dikk. But damn.......

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
what happened to dude who married that freys daughter... we didn't see him die

memeslanding.com_714_1370642528.jpg

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: okay, I thought she had a list with the Hound, Tywin and Joffrey on it. Thats different from her deal with Jaqen?

His deal with her was the 3 names. He killed them, that's done.

After that he told her, "if you want to go to goon college, come to Braavos". She said no because she wanted to find her family.

Then he gave her that coin, told her "if you change your mind come find me" and left.

Since then, she's created her own list of people to kill. I assume she'll head to Braavos now because her family is all basically wiped out.

Fred.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Jesus Mary and Joseph nikka. Get off your soapbox real quick.

#1 you haven't seen white slaves on this show in westeros?
#2 you haven't seen white savages (everything from murderers to rapist) in Westeros?
#3 the only villains in the entire show are black?

The fukk are you talking about? OF COURSE in Daenerys storyline, the people she's going to interact with will be brown skinned. THATS THE POINT OF EMPHASIZING GEOGRAPHY. The Khal were influenced and inspired by the Mongols (GEOGRAPHICAL AND HISTORICAL CONTEXT). In the city Khaleesi conquered to get her unsullied, the slave who was dieing that she spoke to was white. Jora was banned to Essos because of being a slave trader! 100:1 odds he wasn't selling brown slaves in Westeros.

Like what is up with this faux racial outrage. We just saw an entire torture scene where a dude got his penis cut off and sent to his father. A king was delighted to be able to serve a person their mothers head. Another king was getting ready to burn a boy alive. An animals head was cut off and placed on top of a man's body to mock his family. None of them were black.

After going through the past 10 pages, I know my replies make me sound like a pretentious dikk. But damn.......

i dont think it was intentionally racist but at the end of the day it was written by a white man and WESTeros is obviously suppose to be analogous to western europe ie white

its not an accident that they are brown, but is it racist :manny: sort of

im gonna ride the fence and say both sides are right

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
i dont think it was intentionally racist but at the end of the day it was written by a white man and WESTeros is obviously suppose to be analogous to western europe ie white

its not an accident that they are brown, but is it racist :manny: sort of

im gonna ride the fence and say both sides are right

:beli: guys that is NOT racism

Put it this way, we have a heightened sense of racial undertones

When theon was getting tortured on sunday, i'm sure every black person was like "Toby!" It took .5 seconds for a Toby pic to hit the web. But I'm sure nobody on that set reflected back to the time they saw Roots.

I haven't seen anyone of chinese/japanese/philippine etc ancestry. And I haven't seen anyone point out how racist the show is for leaving them out of history. Know why? Cause it doesn't fit this boards view of racism.

Let's just enjoy the show. :eat:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
:beli: guys that is NOT racism

Put it this way, we have a heightened sense of racial undertones

When theon was getting tortured on sunday, i'm sure every black person was like "Toby!" It took .5 seconds for a Toby pic to hit the web. But I'm sure nobody on that set reflected back to the time they saw Roots.

I haven't seen anyone of chinese/japanese/philippine etc ancestry. And I haven't seen anyone point out how racist the show is for leaving them out of history. Know why? Cause it doesn't fit this boards view of racism.

Let's just enjoy the show. :eat:

yeah sure, but im just riding the fence on this one, i dont think its intentional racism, i think that is the way it naturally flowed from a writer who happened to be white

but i think its important to take a note of it, long term wise its important to get more black sci fi/fantasy writers and in turn movies, that is why i make a note of it, its not really to beef with the show

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yea I try to avoid anything wiki related with thrones.....I'm just torn, I wanna be surprised for next season...but then again I just wanna know it all...This show is the biggest tease ever created, and I love it:ohlawd:

Well if u ever want to know, PM me and ill tell ya :myman:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I meant to ask this earlier.

What was up with that little girl's face? The one that gave Davos the books.

Fred.

southsideblk

A D@mn Freshmen again
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Y'all have the most amateurish criticisms

"so and so got too much screen time, I would rather see more of so and so"

Did you ever stop and think that each season doesn't stand alone? Each season is just apart of a greater story. Maybe later on in the show you will understand the significance of the Theon scenes...

this isn't like Dexter or something where entire storylines begin and end in one season. there is a bigger picture here and you've only seen one part the story. y'all always wants instant gratification and clarification. sit back and enjoy the storytelling :rudy:

:whoa: lol, You gotta understand where some of the brethren are coming from.

Like me, im starting to lose patience with sam. Sam bodied a bad ass white walker...they need to let him stand on his own now. I get why the importance of his storyline, but i can't deny his scenes are grating as hell, partly because the show runner or director wont let him advance. Everyone has grown somewhat since season 1 except Sam.

Brehs, this the tv thread...im new so im not tryna preach or go at nobodies head....but people gon have they dislikes and likes when it comes to scenes and characters. Reading a book is much diff than watching a show. I get why you sayin people need to take it slow and watch shyt unfold...thing is, you can read the books at our own pace, we have to watch the show at HBO's pace & some nikkas pay out the ass just for this show. Not to mention we only get 10 eps before we have to wait a whole year. So when the show dont tackle a certain problem, spends too much time on the same issues, or someone dont see enough of their fav character before the season wraps up, people get pissed.

Like i said I get what you saying, but at the same time i know how non book readers feel.

Props to Ayo & R.E.N for kicking that knowledge my way, ill be more patient wit Sam :salute: