Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
It still has to make sense geographically. Wouldn't it be a bit random to have a group of brown skinned people in the Riverlands or something? Why would they inexplicably be in the middle of Westeros?

Geography withstanding, it's the same MO.

Second....its fiction. Make believe.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Character Development and Plot Building is happening with all of the characters, but Theon's is the main storyline that felt redundant. Theon has suffered, I get it...But that could have been conveyed in less amount of time. Varys dropped his whole torturous back-story one dope scene played by one dope actor. Over and Done, we get it.

You can't tell me that you wouldn't trade a handful of those Theon scenes for a few more with Daenerys, Jamie or Tyrion...:aicmon:

Naaaah not I sir. All of jamie's character development got the time it deserved. Tyrions development got the time it deserved. I don't care about Daenerys storyline anyway so I think it actually got more than enough time.

Theons scenes felt redundant because the setting remained the same. But again, it was all done so you felt something when Yara hopped on that ship. Thats the purpose of every episode.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
This mighta been brought up already but did anyone else realize Tywin is "Brother Noomsie" the bad guy from The Golden Child? I just figured that out not too long ago. Cant remember what his characters name was but Eddie Murphy kept calling him "Brother Noomsie" lol.

"Treat me like the President, My Sweet Brother Noomzy" :yeshrug:

EDIT: damn someone beat me to it, i gotta start reading the rest of the page before i quote people lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naaaah not I sir. All of jamie's character development got the time it deserved. Tyrions development got the time it deserved. I don't care about Daenerys storyline anyway so I think it actually got more than enough time.

Theons scenes felt redundant because the setting remained the same. But again, it was all done so you felt something when Yara hopped on that ship. Thats the purpose of every episode.

:russ: danys storyline is fukking corny, shyt fell off after khal drogo died i could care less about that bytch

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Geography withstanding, it's the same MO.

Second....its fiction. Make believe.

One of the reasons that it's good fiction is because the author is a fan of history and historical fiction and attempts to preserve verisimilitude in his fictional world. That means not having shyt that doesn't make sense, such as having a random house made up of "dark skinned" people in the middle of a clearly Northern continent and climate. If it was set in an equatorial region with deserts and stuff you wouldn't expect to see Scandanavian looking people, would you?

There are dark skinned people in this world. They just don't hail from Westeros. When you bear in mind that the northern part of Westeros is basically Arctic tundra, it makes sense that they don't.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
It still has to make sense geographically. Wouldn't it be a bit random to have a group of brown skinned people in the Riverlands or something? Why would they inexplicably be in the middle of Westeros?

News Flash. Westeros is not England. It is a made up place on a made up world in a made up galaxy in a made up time period. The Riverlands could be as black as Compton if the writer chose it to be so. :yeshrug:

Iluvmusic

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
Down south
Can you just shut the fukk up already?

We get you read the book. Get over yourself.

Relax.

I don't understand why that made y'all so angry. Lmao. Some of y'all made a big deal about him leaving it and I said y'all can let that go. What's the problem?

I haven't spoiled anything and am posting as I watch the show just like everybody else. I could have said the same thing whether I read the book or not.

Y'all take this stuff so personally. It amuses me. Carry on.

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
News Flash. Westeros is not England. It is a made up place on a made up world in a made up galaxy in a made up time period. The Riverlands could be as black as Compton if the writer chose it to be so. :yeshrug:

Right and that would be dumb. The writer chose not to make it that dumb. That's about the long and short of it, my friend.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
One of the reasons that it's good fiction is because the author is a fan of history and historical fiction and attempts to preserve verisimilitude in his fictional world. That means not having shyt that doesn't make sense, such as having a random house made up of "dark skinned" people in the middle of a clearly Northern continent and climate. If it was set in an equatorial region with deserts and stuff you wouldn't expect to see Scandanavian looking people, would you?

There are dark skinned people in this world. They just don't hail from Westeros. When you bear in mind that the northern part of Westeros is basically Arctic tundra, it makes sense that they don't.

None of that explains why all the brown people have been Slaves, Savages or Villains...

Okay, I'll give you that in order for it to coincide with Human evolution on Earth, people of color wouldn't be in northern climates...But even the brown people in the warm climates have all ended up as slaves, savages or villains defeated by or eventually worshiping a blonde white woman. :manny:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
None of that explains why make all the brown people Slaves, Savages or Villains? Okay, I'll give you that in order for it to coincide with Human evolution on Earth, people of color wouldn't be in northern climates...But even the brown people in the warm climates have all ended up as slaves, savages or villains defeated by or eventually worshiping a blonde white woman. :manny:

That's a different argument though, and I wouldn't argue against your point there.

The show seems to just cast Essos with a casting call for "anyone with brown skin". The dreaded books are a bit different, for example the Dothraki are described as being more like the Mongols/other Steppe nomads and less like your standard trope "brown skinned savage" which they are on the show.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i have a feeling tyrion is about to turn shyt up next season and joffrey is gonna get that work. watching him get put in his place felt good :blessed:

ive been thinking about reading the book because these cliff hangers are killing me :noah: