Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Arya caught a body in season 1 when she was escaping Kings Landing. Stabbed some little fat boy that was trying to take her sword.

Im talking bout off her list breh. she been through so much from sonning joffery and having her sister lie about it,watching her dad get beheaded in front of her,being on the run, watching the hound kill her homeboy,being a bottle service girl for tywin words of wildfire and having to listen to him plot on killing her brother,being 50 feet away from being reunited with her mom and big brother and them in the process of being killed. She too young for all that. She done had a lifes worth of heartache in about a year.

She gotta be dead emotionally at this point.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I agree with 90% of what you said. Except the Frey part. The Lannisters aren't in a position to "secure" anyone. Like I said earlier Joffrey, the king, can't even walk the streets of his own city without getting chumped by peasants. So Frey's rep is gone, pretty much forever. In addition to that, they fukked the game up for basically everyone else, because the tradition of "we break bread, it's peace" is shot all to hell.

Fred.

But what was the alternative? By letting Robb walk over him, he'd continue to be a non factor to all the other houses. You got to look at it from Frey's perspective....people dont respect the Freys. They never respected the Freys. So him killing Robb in such a vile way and being discommunicated for life doesn't mean much because they never fukked with him anyway. He was an old, slimy muthafukka in his castle, making guap like Gatsby and learned that despite all his wealth, the families in West Egg still didn't fukk with him :heh: :mad: The other powerful houses look at the Freys like "New Money". People made a mockery of Walder's son Emmon. The Tullys refused to marry a Frey girl to Edmure (way back in the day) and Jon Arryn refused to foster Walder's grandsons. Combine years of getting played like that and then Robb strolls in one day and reneges on their agreement. The Starks wouldn't have did that to the Lannisters or the Targaryens. So Frey was like "that's the last time" :ufdup: and Robb caught the fire of all Seven Hells :manny:

Now did this move help the Freys in the long term....that's a whole another question right there. Im just saying Frey had good reason and I can see his perspective :manny:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think the Theon stuff from this season is going to pay off and I'll leave it at that :manny:

With a show like this, you can't have a character off screen for multiple seasons and expect viewers to remember who the hell they are or care who they are. I think they're gonna run into issues with that down the line. Question for show watchers: any of you remember who Myrcella or Tommen are or what they look like? :patrice:

Was Myrcella even on the show? They pretty much Rickon status at this point. LOL at Rickon speaking for the first time since Ned was alive.:rudy: I was like, WTF is this little ninja?:wtf:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Now did this move help the Freys in the long term....that's a whole another question right there. Im just saying Frey had good reason and I can see his perspective :manny:

But essentially that question IS the question. You can't separate the two.

(This is a hypothetical question I don't want book readers to answer this) But what does Walder Frey get out of this alliance? The protection of the Lannisters? Its pretty obvious this alliance was forged before the Lannisters had an upper hand. Money? Access to the throne? If so, these are options that Rob never thought Walder Frey aspired to have. Those unmet motivations cost Rob his life.

One question he never seemed to ask, ever, was "What is everyone else's motivation for fighting this war?" If he asked that question from someone else's perspective, he wouldn't be dead. Since the beginning...let me try that again....Rob's first chess move was gaining the title of King of the North BECAUSE HIS FATHER DIED. He ASSUMED that everyone else shared the same desires of revenge that he did. But this is a stupid assumption since nobody but the relatives of a lost one can carry that emotional burden through a war. He makes every move with this emotional assumption in mind and gets BURNED. Its downright laughable thinking that the Iron Islands would join him. In retrospect (having skimmed through the history of the north) its downright laughable thinking Bolton would be loyal to him. In retrospect its downright laughable to think of this "unified" state of the North. Rob was a great general but a horrible Commander-in-Chief.

What most of us show watchers automatically assume, is this unified Northern state because our reality is a mix of united coalitions. But essentially, Winterfell/Ned are just Wardens of the North. Meaning they essentially are the hand of the King when it comes to issues of the North. So WHY wouldn't other houses see this as an opportunity for more power? Rob is caught lackin in this aspect because of his privileged upbringing. His father is the infamous Ned Stark. Everyone loves him. Everyone fears him. Noble blood line and the PERSONAL war record to show for it. Lets think back to the very first few episodes of the show. Theon even hints at how Rob made sure to always remind him that he was not a Stark. Neds death makes us believe Rob is an infallible character. But he's really been flawed from the beginning. It shouldn't then be a surprise how both Theon and Rob are simps for the punani.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

@ 5:25 It was already written in blood and I ignored it...Even totally forgot about it...Thinking, no way would they kill Rob...No way right? WRONG!...WRONG!...

Balon GreyJoy and Joffrey better sleep with one eye open ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But what was the alternative? By letting Robb walk over him, he'd continue to be a non factor to all the other houses. You got to look at it from Frey's perspective....people dont respect the Freys. They never respected the Freys. So him killing Robb in such a vile way and being discommunicated for life doesn't mean much because they never fukked with him anyway. He was an old, slimy muthafukka in his castle, making guap like Gatsby and learned that despite all his wealth, the families in West Egg still didn't fukk with him :heh: :mad: The other powerful houses look at the Freys like "New Money". People made a mockery of Walder's son Emmon. The Tullys refused to marry a Frey girl to Edmure (way back in the day) and Jon Arryn refused to foster Walder's grandsons. Combine years of getting played like that and then Robb strolls in one day and reneges on their agreement. The Starks wouldn't have did that to the Lannisters or the Targaryens. So Frey was like "that's the last time" :ufdup: and Robb caught the fire of all Seven Hells :manny:

The problem is, despite the fact that Freys were seen as a lesser House by the other more elevate Houses, Walder is and has been desperate for that respect from the rest of Westoros. That is why he has spent his entire adult life trying to marry off as many of his busted ass daughters to any well-respected House in the 7 Kingdoms.
So in an extreme example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, Walder has dashed his lifelong dream not just for himself but for anyone who bears the name of Frey for all time.
And on top of it he allowed himself to be manipulated into doing this by Tywin who would never treat this dude with anything approaching the respect he is so desperate for.

southsideblk

A D@mn Freshmen again
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm confused about something brehs. Aight, we know The Lord of light brings people (certain people) back from the grave. But melisandre forever doing what seems to be the opposite of light, pushing out shadow babies that assassinate, taking blood from innocent nikkas using leeches...even her clothing style seems like sum dark priestess shyt. I ain't seen no good or positive shyt come from her or this "light" god.

What's y'all opinion on this god (no book shyt PLEASE !:stop:)

Daps

The alternative was to openly throw his support behind the Lannisters on the battlefield instead of that cowardly shyt he pulled.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Oh shyt nikka ....since I think Orell is stuck in that Hawk after Warging right before his death..

What if that three-eyed raven is a warged soul too, his body got killed and he's been stuck in that raven so long, it developed a third eye due to his telepathic ability ..

I love that this show has me thinking outlandish shyt like this ..

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsg7kKx-AGA[/ame]

he had an interview this morning with ryan seacrest as well

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Joffrey is not a Baratheon though. He's a Lannister :leon:

ohhhh.....good point...

The Gods do seem to be quite literal, but doesn't Stannis know Joffrey was born out of incest? Otherwise he would know he would recognize Joffrey is the rightful heir ..